Fan-Made Halo Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
rvalera11 said:
OK I've been doing some thinking and i believe i have a few questions

I was wondering if i need to make some dummy parts for the armors, so like when we land flat on the ground with our chest armor, it would crack or worse, cause a slipspace rupture through the space time continuenum (Yeahhhh, wish i knew how to spell right) :D

Well Seriously now... if i can strengthen key area parts like the knee cap for the ODST or the Chest for all armors i think it would be alot better.

I just don't how other then BONDO BONDO BONDO!

If you guys got any ideas, in where it could possible to strengthen the armor so it could go through a certain level of hell and punishment let me know

Hey, I'm also venturing down the fan film road and have been pondering this. I plan on making two suits, one "hero" suit for everything besides stunts and one "stunt" suit. For the stunt suit I will replicate the armor in something cheap like cardboard and of course have the same paint job. This stunt suit will only be used for quick shots and will be cut away from as soon as possible. This way, if something tears or breaks, it's no big deal and can be remade pretty fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Not when all of your body weight is focused on the piece, and plus materials to finish pieces made of that are very expensive.

I'd recommend a dummy suit, but how you'll keep yourself safe from cracks caused by the fall is beyond me. Might just be better to avoid those, if possible.

Neoproks said:
Hey, I'm also venturing down the fan film road and have been pondering this. I plan on making two suits, one "hero" suit for everything besides stunts and one "stunt" suit. For the stunt suit I will replicate the armor in something cheap like cardboard and of course have the same paint job. This stunt suit will only be used for quick shots and will be cut away from as soon as possible. This way, if something tears or breaks, it's no big deal and can be remade pretty fast.

Ok sounds like a plan thankx

also hey ImaGonnaGetYou your PM wasn't working, and i am interested in those little bits of film that you have

i didnt mean real grenades and mortars, i just meant you could probably find a field to blow off some firecrackers or somethin'. also, can ghost be there? he could come through the stargate or something :D JK

ok ppl I don't want to release the story board or anything relating to the plot just yet, but i want to know this

- Whats a good name for this Series, me and friend thought of

Halo: Recon,

but it sounds too plain, so give me some ideas and it maybe considered by my friend (he's the director and in charge of this)

- ALso what do you guys think of this meteor effect looking like MAC blast?

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=VZctyFN7HuI

we just probably have to speed up the meteor so it could go faster

Oh yeah the program is adobe after effects

rvalera11 said:
ok ppl I don't want to release the story board or anything relating to the plot just yet, but i want to know this

- Whats a good name for this Series, me and friend thought of

Halo: Recon,

Halo: ODST? Haha.

As far as I understand it, Adobe Premiere is a workflow/storyboard/visual editing suite. Effects are usually added in Adobe After Effects. There is a fantastic website called videocopilot that have over 100 tutorials on how to use this particular program, video tutorials I might add which are quite amusing and informative. The Alpha clips from Detonation films can be added in AE using Chromakey addons.

oK GUYS heres some of the story board we made up while brainstorming

Photo0230.jpg

i don't want to reveal the whole story to you guys, cuz its one of those twists at the end of the story :)

earlier you said something about fighting insurrectionists so how about HALO: TREACHERY. It deals with the betrayal of the insurrectionists and sounds badass

jake11124 said:
earlier you said something about fighting insurrectionists so how about HALO: TREACHERY. It deals with the betrayal of the insurrectionists and sounds badass

dude,... thats does sound badass, but it need more, though :(, but it'll still be considered :)

I'm of no help here. I couldnt come up with a good name if it meant my life :( I guess I'll take a crack at it......Halooooo....Turned over in a warthog an roadside service is takin a while?

LOL

PRETTY funny story,

its a one of my friend's football nickname and it somewhat stuck LMAO!!!

Believe me its not as nasty as it sounds lol hahahaha :)

HALO: DREADNOUGHT

It literally means Fear Nothing, though it is also the name for a type of ship.

HALO: Vanguard

HALO: Vigilant

HALO: Illustrious

If you want a list of imposing names, look at this list of British capital ships. When it comes to naming ships the Brits are the win, and the names can be used for anything epic.

Goomerspartan10 said:
i don't know if it helps but simple cardboard cut-outs in the distance can be convincing [ghost, elites, brutes, ODST'S ect.]

Indeed, but 3D models can be more so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back