Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The armor looks amazing out and about!

One question for you Mara, since you seem to have done a killer job hiding your strapping. I'm assuming you wear the harness underneath the undersuit, and then just have slots for the strapping to come through and clip into each individual armor piece?

I ask because I've been brainstorming something like this as well. I'm using foam for my build, and I know a lot of people like to use snaps to hold on pieces, but I just don't think the durability is there without risking tearing the undersuit. Yes, foam is light, but as soon as you catch the armor on something accidentally, you risk ripping the snaps. I'm just about done with the whole bottom section of my suit, and figured I should start figuring out how I want to attach everything before moving on.

Any more pictures or info, you would be willing to provide of your strapping system would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

I swear, I must of had the biggest smile on my face after watching that snippet! Show me more please! Proud for you Mara! And thanks for the motivation!

3rd place????? FIX!!!! FIX!!!!! It was definitely rigged!!!! Dam you PlayStation!!!!!.......Oh and BTW Mara, I'm just exhausted telling you so many times that your suit looks FANTASTIC!!!! but I'll keep saying it..... FANTASTIC!!!!!

Got a bit longer version! :D While it isn't the full performance, it's the best I have and I don't really have hopes to find full video.
I just contacted the person who posted the thing I found and he was very kind to send me this.

Also, got this photo sent to me. ;)

14713744_1824760534425545_6535162540045724913_n.jpg

And my personal highlight moment was meeting awesome Ben from Maul Cosplay. Together with Rick from RBF they are kinda my heroes so seeing him in person and talking with him... was amazing. And he even said he liked my costume and would love to see the helmet in the future! :D
But yeah... It took me a day to gather guts and courage to ask him for a photo. ^^'

WP_20161016_16_58_10_Pro.jpg

Congratulations!

Thank you. :)

Well done, Spartan!

Thank you very much!

Bravo Zulu Spartan!

Thanks.

The armor looks amazing out and about!

One question for you Mara, since you seem to have done a killer job hiding your strapping. I'm assuming you wear the harness underneath the undersuit, and then just have slots for the strapping to come through and clip into each individual armor piece?

I ask because I've been brainstorming something like this as well. I'm using foam for my build, and I know a lot of people like to use snaps to hold on pieces, but I just don't think the durability is there without risking tearing the undersuit. Yes, foam is light, but as soon as you catch the armor on something accidentally, you risk ripping the snaps. I'm just about done with the whole bottom section of my suit, and figured I should start figuring out how I want to attach everything before moving on.

Any more pictures or info, you would be willing to provide of your strapping system would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Thank you very much.
I wear the very same thing I posted photos of earlier. As you can see here, this is what I used, just underneath the morphsuit. It's straps and buckles that connect every piece.

Depends on what you used - foam or cardstock. If foam, snaps are ok. Or velcro. For cardstock with resin - I personally wouldn't use snaps, just strapping system because it's all heavy.
But as you said, if you'd catch armor on something, you could risk ripping the snaps. It seems velcro is the most safe way. Velcro is strong, sits nicely and is safe as it would rip apart rather than damage your pieces.

lowerr.JPG

I swear, I must of had the biggest smile on my face after watching that snippet! Show me more please! Proud for you Mara! And thanks for the motivation!

Hahaha, thank you very much! :D
I managed to contact the guy and he sent me a longer video. ;)
While it isn't the full thing, it's the best thing I have, haha.

Great pictures! That is a killer suit of armour.

Thank you very much. :)

WOW That looks amazing. So well deserved!

Thanks. ;)

3rd place????? FIX!!!! FIX!!!!! It was definitely rigged!!!! Dam you PlayStation!!!!!.......Oh and BTW Mara, I'm just exhausted telling you so many times that your suit looks FANTASTIC!!!! but I'll keep saying it..... FANTASTIC!!!!!

Thank you very much. Seriously, Dirtdives. Thank you.
And dunno if it was rigged, but the person who won was of course a character from upcoming Playstation game. ;) Hehehee....

Armor is fantastic! Congrats on a job well done!

Thank you very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
To finally, finally see you in action is amazing. You look wonderful, your actions are perfectly in-character. When I saw the videos, I was so happy for you. [This is probably a little over-reacting, hehe.] Knowing all the hard work you put into this build within the past year alone is mind-blowing. Gah! If I could I would hug you right now.

A hundred times over; well done, SPARTAN. Now, finish the fight! :D

Also, if anyone is interested, here is a video recorded by my friend (who I had no idea was filming).

(note: see that person with the cellphone spamming the photo-button and doing OVER 9000 pictures? I never seen even one of those XD)

Wow Palmer thats pretty dang coolif i do say so myself.

Thank you. ;)
Yes, yes. Come to the dark side, we have cookies. Like Palmer now. This is my ultimate evil plan!

To finally, finally see you in action is amazing. You look wonderful, your actions are perfectly in-character. When I saw the videos, I was so happy for you. [This is probably a little over-reacting, hehe.] Knowing all the hard work you put into this build within the past year alone is mind-blowing. Gah! If I could I would hug you right now.

A hundred times over; well done, SPARTAN. Now, finish the fight! :D

Thank you! It's bit chaotic, now that I watched it. But I totally didn't plan ahead. It was all improvised... o_o''
Because I was sitting til 4am night before finishing things while I had train at 5:30am... XD

But... It wasn't bad. I'll just have to improve and do slower - slower and longer poses and not run around like a hamster on coffee.
I had 45 second music (it was Halo music - Halo 4 "Arrival", the most epic) and well... I totally didn't know how much time was passing when I was there...

And to be honest, just before I went on stage I was seriously fighting off a panic attack and debating whether not to just run away, hehe...But I gathered the guts and went with it. (but damn, just after I went off stage, I was hyperventilating and had to cool down and was SO thankful for the bottle of water they gave me X_X)
If I didn't have my armor on, I'd never stepped foot on that stage. There were so many people! But armor helps, hehe.

And actually I'm not finished yet. There are still quite few details I'll do for next year and well... The helmet of course!

Seriously, thank you so much, Starbon! <3

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, the expression would be "rising to the occasion".
But in this case, "Above and Beyond" seems more appropriate.

I'm sure I'm speaking for us all when I say, "having been allowed along for the ride during this build has been a privilege, Cmdr".

Alright, back from PGA - Poznań Game Arena.
The whole event was bit disappointing for me, maybe because I thought it would be something different... But mainly thanks to some people, it was nice.

Have some photos too! More will come.

This one is totally the perfect shot. My favorite. So damn perfect...
14804936_1325118807533521_1991508851_n.jpg

Another photo from the same photographer. This guy is the master. Perfect shots at the perfect moment... Just, beautiful art are his photos.
14805521_1325118814200187_647311708_n.jpg

Another photo and kinda reminds me from some moments during Spartan Ops cinematics. ;)
bR97Rc1Y.jpg

Photo by a friend of mine where we met for the first time, hehe.
14563287_1294209690623686_5686204132740352322_n.jpg

Here sadly just literally a tiny bit too early, foot still in the air and hand with pistol in motion.
But very nice regardless. ;)

14657460_1112719832097420_6559544819924226019_n.png

I swear I'm not a hobbit... I guess that knight was just a VERY tall knight...
YW5ExXq5.jpg

Normally, the expression would be "rising to the occasion".
But in this case, "Above and Beyond" seems more appropriate.

I'm sure I'm speaking for us all when I say, "having been allowed along for the ride during this build has been a privilege, Cmdr".

Hahaha, thank you very much, Kaween. Really appreciate your words. :)

How much does it all weigh Commander?

It was all fibreglass right?

It all weights just under 15kg. It's about 33lbs.
Yes, all armor parts are resined and fiberglassed and bondo'd.

Wow. You look amazing! Great job :)

Thank you very much! :)

Wow I'd say an amazing success there. Great details, love the wash and weathering you put in it. Range of articulation is just outstanding, I have a hard enough time trying to move my arms with all the crap I'm confined to. Way to freaking go!

Before I read your text I thought the same thing. On closer look it is even better than an in game cinematic.. When's your movie coming out? ;)

For real. This looks like a still from a live-action Halo movie. Like the moment right before Palmer tells fireteam Majestic that she's their commander.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back