FFA series number 21: Halo Index

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReClaimer8015

Hi you Guys, i always liked the Idea of the FFA and would love to see it go on and spread around.
Somewhat recently i had a chat with mblackwell1002
He encouraged me to contribute to this series, so here we go!
I am also interested in props other than weapons, especially technical gadgets and architectural elements of the halo franchise. I start with one of the greatest Icons - the sacred Icon!
My own recreation of the Delta Halo Index seen in H2 Anniversary.
Feel free to print it for your own private (and only private) use.

FFA Halo Index by Reclaimer 8015.stl

Halo Index.jpg

It is a small prop, i am not so experienced in 3d modelling, but trevor pointed out to me that encouraging people to try is better than anything. The Beginning is difficult, but tinkering in cad can also be fun! It takes a little
overcoming, just as pepakura does;)

Last edited:
Hi you Guys, i always liked the Idea of the FFA and would love to see it go on and spread around.
Somewhat recently i had a chat with mblackwell1002
He encouraged me to contribute to this series, so here we go!
I am also interested in props other than weapons, especially technical gadgets and architectural elements of the halo franchise. I start with one of the greatest Icons - the sacred Icon!
My own recreation of the Delta Halo Index seen in H2 Anniversary.
Feel free to print it for your own private (and only private) use.

FFA Halo Index by Reclaimer 8015.stl

View attachment 255092
It is a small prop, i am not so experienced in 3d modelling, but trevor pointed out to me that encouraging people to try is better than anything. The Beginning is difficult, but tinkering in cad can also be fun! It takes a little
overcoming, just as pepakura does;)
That looks awesome! You've got skills, man! Very nicely done! May i ask what software you use?

Haha, we're already at Series Nr.21! :lol:
Fixed the title for you.
If anyone 3d prints this feel free to show your work here.(y)

So i have printed this finally.
I downscaled it a little to 20cm (7,87 inches). The original is 1,5 x bigger, but that isn`t handy for me.
Printed on an Ultimaker 3. Have to say i like the quality of it. This machine can do some detailed pieces in a shorter time.
An improvement from my older trys on a DIY-printer(Ultimaker Original).

Index.jpg WP_20181121_21_48_59_Pro.jpg

Have to clean it up (only a light treatment), prime and paint it.
Here some references

H2A_-_Index_-_concept_art.jpg Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

Might add some nightglow effect......

Last edited:
Oh snap! That looks fantastic! Can't wait to see the finished result!
Thanks man! I am honestly already finished, but still doing a 2nd paintover. The first time i used masking tape which doesn`t work all that effectively because of the scale and the details of the print. Used old and cheap paint i had and it doesn`t dry in the cold. Colour scheme just a little bit off.

So i had the idea to use my software again to seperate the areas i need and unfold them, use a machine to cut them out and ready are my spray painting templates! Great idea for weapon skins too, because you can make a symmetric logo on an asymmetric surface too!(y)

Thanks man! I am honestly already finished, but still doing a 2nd paintover. The first time i used masking tape which doesn`t work all that effectively because of the scale and the details of the print. Used old and cheap paint i had and it doesn`t dry in the cold. Colour scheme just a little bit off.

So i had the idea to use my software again to seperate the areas i need and unfold them, use a machine to cut them out and ready are my spray painting templates! Great idea for weapon skins too, because you can make a symmetric logo on an asymmetric surface too!(y)

That is an amazing idea! I don't have the capabilities to pull it off, but I sure do hate how much time is wasted with masking tape.

Nice job on the print too.

Have to revive this corpse of a thread once more, found some pics again - here`she finished product after the first try:

View attachment 273636

I want to repaint it with a more fitting color scheme...

This would be great to print in clear filament. Throw in a 3v battery and blue LED and paint what you don't want the light to shine through. I love it.

YES!!! I would love to have a print of this! Been actually wanting this for awhile now. I want to have it on display with my Halo stuff.

Shouldn`t be a problem, the file can be found here: FFA series number 22: Janus Key
Everything is strictly symmectrical, you don`t need to mirror anything - just print the file a second time for the other half of the key.
Waypoint scales it as follows:

Screenshot_2018-12-22 Janus Key.png

I made it bigger, but i still consider my print to be a little small. For the details to come out clean i would sugest to scale it to the minimum dimensions of 20 cm x 4,8 cm x 1,7 cm
If you want a variant that can be coupled with internal LED lighting just ask, i can create another file from the current model.
And i`ll will try to find out the RGB/ CYMK or HEX Code for the colours i used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back