FINALLY - Movie Accurate WAR MACHINE and IRON MAN Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.15 Scale in progress

The forum was down again. Anyway, it looks like it's going to look good. I stand 5'10 tall muscular. When I printed the pep at default size (1.0) and piece the mask together, the face mask look pretty small. I think 1.10 or 10% increase is not that much different from the default size. So, I decided to print at 1.15. Anyway, I will post some pictures when I'm done. I'm going to post pictures of unfinished 1.0 mask and finished 1.15 helmet for comparison.

well guys here it is, Helmet is pepped!!!! in a couple minutes I am going to start adding the resin.....

warmachinehd3.jpg

warmachinehd4.jpg

warmachinehd5.jpg

No problems at all, the fitment is great. still enough room for padding and electronics

Really? I did the mask for the 1.0 and it looks so small. So, I decided to go with 1.15. I'm 5'10, do you think it's going to be huge? May I ask how tall are you? Anyway, my plan is to use pepper's ghost for the lightning.

Yea man. It was such a long wait that I had put the whole thing on hold. I am so ready to start the helmet and finish the rest of the suit.

@ dubean: Is the size tester sized the same as the War Machine lager size pep? Im tripping on it.
@ Zorens: How is that pepper's ghost method gonna work?

@ dubean: Is the size tester sized the same as the War Machine lager size pep? Im tripping on it.
@ Zorens: How is that pepper's ghost method gonna work?
For the pepper's ghost:
You are going to need a reflective film or tint on acrylic glass. Look at this http://www.therpf.com/f24/jam-desig...yled-helmet-armor-pics-soon-76566/index2.html

I also have this T-600 mask. It's has a hologram system for the eyes which you might refer it as pepper's ghost.

t600sslit.jpg

The tricky part is masking the light leaking in gaps or holes. You don't want a Jack-o-lantern War Machine. You may stay away from super bright LEDs.

Hey guys can you help me with the pep files...

What is the best way to scale to my size? I am a 5'10" 275lbs big framed guy with a head circumference of 27 inches around the tip of my nose.

I have already tried to go with a scale of 1.1 and that was too small on the tester file

James

Hey guys can you help me with the pep files...

What is the best way to scale to my size? I am a 5'10" 275lbs big framed guy with a head circumference of 27 inches around the tip of my nose.

I have already tried to go with a scale of 1.1 and that was too small on the tester file

James

Mine is about 21 inches not counting my ears and my scale is at 1.15. I'm still trying to finish mine.

how did you figure out your scale though. if my head is 6" bigger than yours should I go with a scale of 1.2?

James

Try measuring the width of your head and then in pepakura entering that width, plus maybe a little more added on and try that on the tester size. Thats all i could suggest at this point. Scaling is very tricky which is why i included a simple tester file, so ya don't waste all your time making something thats ultimately too small.

@ llInformerll, The test file is the same size as the smaller helmet.. which is really quite small. I forgot to account for the positioning of the model when i scaled it. I'll have to do a version two that has a bigger unfold. Sorry for that everyone. That was my bad

Dubean33,

So the tester file is not for the larger unfold of the War machine helmet? So is the size in the tester equal to that of the large unfold of WM?

Mine is about 21 inches not counting my ears and my scale is at 1.15. I'm still trying to finish mine.

Zorens did you use the tester file to find your scale? or did you just go straight into the helmet?

James

Oh the confusion. Jk. Its all good.
@ Zorens: That'd be sweet if you make a tutorial on it after your done man. I think I speak for like everyone (making an Ironman/War Machine) when I say it would be very much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back