FINALLY - Movie Accurate WAR MACHINE and IRON MAN Helmets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubean33,

So the tester file is not for the larger unfold of the War machine helmet? So is the size in the tester equal to that of the large unfold of WM?

Zorens did you use the tester file to find your scale? or did you just go straight into the helmet?

James

No, tester file is a waste of my time. I printed the large version which is 1.0 default scale. I only did the face plate to determine the size. 1.0 scale is small for me. The mask is almost the size of my hands lol, way too small. The best way for you to determine the size is print the file (mask only) If the width of the mask matches the width of your face including your ears, it should fit.

Oh the confusion. Jk. Its all good.
@ Zorens: That'd be sweet if you make a tutorial on it after your done man. I think I speak for like everyone (making an Ironman/War Machine) when I say it would be very much appreciated.

I think I could write a tutorial, but I won't be able to write how to organize the materials inside your helmet. Everyone knows pepper's ghost technique. What you can do is visit your local Toys R Us and look for the terminator helmet. You will see that the LEDS are placed on top of the eyes and there is a tilted (45 degrees) lens coated with reflective film or tint to produce an output. Take a look the picture, I posted. The helmet's lens is just a swimming goggles, inside that goggles is tilted lens.

Just visit Toys R Us, when you get your hands on it. I bet everything will be self explanatory. I'm still trying to finish the pep. Jam design was able to do it but he could not masked the lights leaking outside the helmet. He picked up super bright LEDS.

Sorry for tripple posts. I did write a tutorial about pepper's ghost lightning on another thread but everyone was like "WTF are you talking about", pretty much ignored. Right now, I am researching on high quality gun sound effects (46khz super quality, something you can get arrested for having a realistic gun fire sounds) for the gauntlet guns. I have an electrical engineer friend and hopefully, he will be able to help me make one.

I got the sound from Modern Warfare 2.

Do you remember where the tutorial is?

Trying to find it. That thread died long ago. Anyway, this link is very useful. http://led.linear1.org/led.wiz Use this for your arc reactor, repulsors, and pepper's ghost eyes.

It will print a diagram and how many resistors and what kind you need.
For example, you want 12 LEDs for your arc reactor.
Put this and it will print a diagram and how many resistors you need.
Source of voltage: 9 (battery)
Diode forward voltage (color of LED): 2.0
diode forward current mA: 20 (either 3mm or 5mm LED)
number of LEDs in your array: 12

This is my rubbish diagram for pepper's ghost

ironmandiagram.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

You can buy a roll of reflective sheet at online store. Home depot carries acrylic sheets for your lens.
Can get more simple than that, can it?

Thanks. Btw, hows the helmet going? Is it too big/ too small?

I have been so busy but it's 70% done. I just need to do the mohawk and and the bottom piece cover of the helmet. I will rondo it and post pics. By the way, it fits great. I have the chest (2.2 scale) modified into movie accurate. Let me find my camera and I will post it in few hours.

Hey guys, been a little bit on my updates but here ya go....it is all resined up and started the bondo, I still have alot of sanding to do, i just threw on a quick coat of paint for s&g's....but like i said here is a couple pics....

0822000029.jpg

0822000030.jpg

0822000029a.jpg

0822000030a.jpg

Awesome work! I've got a question, did you rondo or fiberglass it, and did you do it all together or as the separate pieces?

What paint did you use on your face plate. It looks chromish.. Did you apply gloss black and put chrome?

What paint did you use on your face plate. It looks chromish.. Did you apply gloss black and put chrome?

I just painted the whole helmet a gloss dark gray and sprayed some metallic silver that I had over the face plate. didn't expect it to get shiny like it did lol

WOOO!!! Lookin' good dubean!! Sorry about the random disappearance, I went to New York to see my dad (haven't seen him in 9 years lol) then I got really sick and had to take care of my dog and his seizures.
Anyway, in case it hasn't been said to ya'll guys yet, you WILL NOT find any 3d models more accurate than these heheh....
@dubean, some people I know have been working hard on getting the real War Machine armor model too. We've got half the Mark 6. :)
I have been so busy but it's 70% done. I just need to do the mohawk and and the bottom piece cover of the helmet. I will rondo it and post pics. By the way, it fits great. I have the chest (2.2 scale) modified into movie accurate. Let me find my camera and I will post it in few hours.
I thought I was the only one who called it his mohawk lol.

Hey Shark, not to derail this thread, but in your thread, you posted a preview of the hand... and chance that is going to be released? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back