Fine details

Status
Not open for further replies.

myFRAGisFUBAR

Hey everyone. Im am in the process of maiing my second helmet but I am wanting a lot more detail in this one. I have seen people use "foamies" but I still dont know what those are exactly or where to find them. I have seen the tutorials about adding detail but foamies are the only thing im not 100% clear on. Thanks for the help everyone.

"Foamies" are another name for craft foam. They can be found as plain sheets, or self-adheasive sheets. They are thin (usually around 2 or 3mm) and used for various crafts. You can find them in the craft section at Walmart or at hobby stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's.

As Drack told me too don't use standard hot glue to stick them down either, go with using spray mount to avoid the bumps and uneven surfaces that hot glue would cause. Its just a spray on adhesive, apparently it works fine though I have yet to try it myself.

I use hot glue to stick my foamies on because the hot glue slightly melts to the foam and does a pretty good job sticking on. It's terrible against bondo on the other hand.

To back up what DBmike said if you have had the pleasure of seeing LilTyrants build then the foamies covering the entire thing are glued with spray mount. So don't take my word for it see it for yourself if you haven't already, here

Tom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back