Finheads Ironman Build - Prototype Hing With Chin Movement P.10

Status
Not open for further replies.
drgon47 said:
This is going to rival/surpass the movies costume if your not careful ;)

I dont know about the movie suit but sure is giving tmp a run for his money

Last edited by a moderator:
llinformerll said:
Does it fit you?

It should that's my upper torso from my duct tape mannequin of myself. I've tried the parts on as I built em they seem to fit fine. Mind you it'll never get worn so I don't see the point really, it's just to say "yeah it'll fit".

STEALTH said:
yet this is still not elite... jeez

Makes zero difference to me. ;)

ybleesh said:
hai finheads,

that's a great armor build.

can you tell me where to find the pdo file for knee till the toe?

because i cant find it..

thanks a lot.

Front shin and knee is from Carnage Med Def files. Back is from Clarx's files, those are not unfolded and he has not given the ok to post em so you'll have to unfold them yourself as of right now. I'll most likely rebuild em if DF gets his done before I'm that far.

Spartan 051 said:
I dont know about the movie suit but sure is giving tmp a run for his money

Actually mine is alot closer to the movie suit than TMP's, his is pretty bulky and has way different Arms,Back/Spine and Helmet.

Awesome... that is all....ok thats not really all i wanna say... you have set the bar that few can. look forward to seeing it all finished as im sure you are as well... have you figured out what kind of paint you will be using?

Finhead said:
It should that's my upper torso from my duct tape mannequin of myself. I've tried the parts on as I built em they seem to fit fine. Mind you it'll never get worn so I don't see the point really, it's just to say "yeah it'll fit".

:( thats a shame as awesome as it's turning out

So for all intents and purposes, this is going to be a "show piece" right? If so, are you going to forgo a flexible stomach plate and just use the standard resin and body filler to finish it?

Dang man.

Looking sweet. course i should also be cursing you, Starx and a few others as you guys inspired me to build my own.

Truly an inspirational build!

Why the decision not to wear it though? If I had that sitting in my garage, I'd be wearing that sucker to get the mail; to bed; heck, even in the shower!

If you get a few minutes, pop on down to Pennsylvania, I've got a chest and back that need some body filler work. :p

Keep up the awesome work.

^-^Foxy~>

jwstroud84 said:
Awesome... that is all....ok thats not really all i wanna say... you have set the bar that few can. look forward to seeing it all finished as im sure you are as well... have you figured out what kind of paint you will be using?

As in brand or?? I'm a bodyman by trade so paint is the least of my worries. But it'll be PPG tri coat candy basecoat clearcoat.

dubean33 said:
So for all intents and purposes, this is going to be a "show piece" right? If so, are you going to forgo a flexible stomach plate and just use the standard resin and body filler to finish it?

Nope no sense in half ass'in it now. I'll or course be building the abs, neck, elbows, knees out of pep/fiberglass/filler. Then casting molds and running the parts in urethane I believe. Although I doubt it's going to be a show piece either I don't think it's going to fit where I had planed on putting it, and the other 1:1 that have the space are not going anywhere. ;) Maybe a coat rack??

foxymcfox said:
Truly an inspirational build!

Why the decision not to wear it though? If I had that sitting in my garage, I'd be wearing that sucker to get the mail; to bed; heck, even in the shower!

If you get a few minutes, pop on down to Pennsylvania, I've got a chest and back that need some body filler work. :p

Keep up the awesome work.

^-^Foxy~>

I never said I was ever going to wear this, so I didn't have a change of mind. ;)

Well if you have no where to put it, i would gladly make a home for it. I could babysit it for ya if you want. I'd dust it everyday and make sure it got plenty of love and attention!

dubean33 said:
Well if you have no where to put it, i would gladly make a home for it. I could babysit it for ya if you want. I'd dust it everyday and make sure it got plenty of love and attention!

And I'd make sure it got plenty of exercise. haha

^-^Foxy~>

The shoulder bell was too high and it was bothering me so I went out and arranged it better and took a few extra pics. Here's a few if you want other angles just check my gallery.

http://s793.photobucket.com/home/c2hoines/allalbums

01.jpg

03.jpg

26.jpg

dude, all i can say...is sex. this is the most amazing work (rivaling the tmp suit) that ive ever seen! good luck bro-ham!

finhead your project look's amazing cant wait to see more.

Can you please tell me where did you find the pep for the heel please and what are your plans for the to parts ?

do you plan to join them ?

thank you

unheared said:
finhead your project look's amazing cant wait to see more.

Can you please tell me where did you find the pep for the heel please and what are your plans for the to parts ?

do you plan to join them ?

thank you

Sure they are in the Cammillo files. I plan on spinning out a hinge system on the lathe from aluminium and mounting it into the fiberglass.

llinformerll said:
Idk if you mind me asking, but how do the bolt/rivets work? Did you find a way to make them spin when you move a joint?

How do they work? They don't do any work. :p I'm just going to attach em to the bolts that hold the sections together, if they move they move not sure why they would have to though.

And haven't even looked at the suit since last post ( well looked at it just no work) Been busy with other things. :) But I did buy all the supplies to cast my helmet and the boot so hope this coming week to have some updates.

Also updated the first post with a link to the files I can share that I have used.

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1960.jpg

IMG_1961.jpg

Those are some beautiful bolts there man. Looks like you got quite a collection going :) Can't wait for molding/casting updates too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back