Props Firing Halo CE Magnum

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetAlexander

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Member DIN
S018
Over on the RPF, I started a thread on a firing Halo CE Magnum, built from the Nerf Firestrike Elite. Because this is the 405th, I thought people might be interested to see it.
Firing Halo CE Magnum Replica
I've been collecting resources from CE and putting them there as well.

PS. If this is considered spam because I'm just linking to another thread on another website, than I'll take this one down.

Over on the RPF, I started a thread on a firing Halo CE Magnum, built from the Nerf Firestrike Elite. Because this is the 405th, I thought people might be interested to see it.
Firing Halo CE Magnum Replica
I've been collecting resources from CE and putting them there as well.

PS. If this is considered spam because I'm just linking to another thread on another website, than I'll take this one down.

I'm not sure what your local conventions allow but on the West Coast most cons prohibit anything capable of firing projectiles of any variety so be careful with this prop if you're planning on taking it out to fan events. Most conventions will have a prop and weapon policy so do your homework to save yourself from potential heartbreak of being turned away from an event or having your hard work being confiscated.

East coast cons have the same rule......any Nerf or Nerf type prop weapon must be non-functional.

Yea, thanks for the reminder. I have a feeling that for my con (Supa Nova Australia, not sure 'bout Aus Comic Con) if you put an orange cap over the barrel, it's considered to be fine.

Yea, thanks for the reminder. I have a feeling that for my con (Supa Nova Australia, not sure 'bout Aus Comic Con) if you put an orange cap over the barrel, it's considered to be fine.

Supanova policy is NERF blasters are allowed if incapable of firing a projectile and must have a bright muzzle block. If you do take it with you I'd have it possible to remove either the spring or air chamber but still maintain the slide action but be impossible to launch a dart.

TurboCharizard Oh... well, thanks for pointing it out. I have been planning to do a CE Marine cosplay this year and was thinking I could take the Magnum as a part of it... guess I'll just be taking a prop (non-firing) Assult Rifle. I'll still make the Magnum firing, just for fun (and of course to develop more skills).

MajWood Thanks! To save me posting progress back and forth between the 405th and the RPF, I'll post my progress on the RPF. Started building the structure around the firing mechanism, hopefully work more on it today then post progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back