First armor - Making my Halo:Reach armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, probably shouldn't post that then lol.
I'd recommend replacing the top shingle with one that bends outward more. You'd likely have to freehand the modification to the template

Ok that sounds pretty easy to do i think. I will do that once I have my duct tape dummy done well atleast the legs so I can measure more accurately and easily. So I will probably move on to the cod piece until my body double is done

Thank you Hatake.

Small update:
I am taking a short brake from the thighs they have irritated me enough for a while lol.I am going to make my new knees now that I have the files for the fj/para(thank you RandomRanger ).

I have cut out the pattern. I only cut out half of it to save on paper and finger pain lol.
I also started putting cheap masking tape on the back to strengthen it. I still use 110lb cardstock but it still helps

20200902_154614.jpg
20200902_154620.jpg

I should probably have another update in a few hours or tomorrow.

Thank you Hatake.

Small update:
I am taking a short brake from the thighs they have irritated me enough for a while lol.I am going to make my new knees now that I have the files for the fj/para(thank you RandomRanger ).

I have cut out the pattern. I only cut out half of it to save on paper and finger pain lol.
I also started putting cheap masking tape on the back to strengthen it. I still use 110lb cardstock but it still helps

View attachment 295636View attachment 295637

I should probably have another update in a few hours or tomorrow.
Oh i know how it feels when the thighs is aggravating. Cant wait to see your progress on everything

Oh thanks man I had read through your thread the other day and saw you were having issues I don't know why but they are a pain lol
Very much so. Thats y im atm finishing up my biceps and gonna tackle the boots. But i now know that thighs, helmet and chest piece are difficult

Yea I'm kind of dreading the helmet and the chest piece and with the chest piece accessories I chose I will need to make a lot of pouches but I'm considering making them out of leather (not game accurate but whatever) which is my specialty so I'm looking forward to that

EddieLadson I didn't do that piece
You're asking the same questions I was asking myself when I was building my suit though :), it's gonna turn out great

Finally got around to finishing the new knees I dont know why it took me so long but I think ill start on the cod piece later tonight. If anyone has any tips for the codpiece let me know.

20200904_173857.jpg

They are a little bit different but I can fix that with some heat and mushing lol.

I also wrapped up my legs with duct tape, again. The first try I started at the thighs and crotch and the weight of the duct tape weighed the pants down so by the end it looked like little hobbit legs lol. I dont feel like taking pictures of those right now but as soon as I figure out what to stuff them with ill take pics.

Update:

I am working on the cod piece now ive been cutting it out for the past day and a half. I am still a little more than half way through cutting all the pieces.

20200906_153137.jpg
20200906_153155.jpg

I do have a question for you all though. I am buying my foam in the puzzle piece mats at harbor freight and the last pack I bought is very light in color you can see it in the first photo. Is it any different to the darker stuff, does it absorb paint weird or anything like that?

I had to scale up the cod piece quite a bit to get it to go around my waist.

Update:

I am working on the cod piece now ive been cutting it out for the past day and a half. I am still a little more than half way through cutting all the pieces.

View attachment 295818View attachment 295819

I do have a question for you all though. I am buying my foam in the puzzle piece mats at harbor freight and the last pack I bought is very light in color you can see it in the first photo. Is it any different to the darker stuff, does it absorb paint weird or anything like that?

I had to scale up the cod piece quite a bit to get it to go around my waist.
no i got a few of those and do it like you would the other stuff make sure you put the rubber coating on it then paint it or yeah it will get all kind of goofy..

Looks good! Makes me miss working with foam. There’s just something satisfying about cutting each bevel, making something from scratch and seeing it all come together. Keep it up and keep us posted with the progress!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back