First armor - Making my Halo:Reach armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I think i may need to start assembling just to save on some space lol
20200907_205024.jpg

I have about 10 pieces left to cut out. And if anyone is interested I can give a tour of my cart to maybe give some ideas on how well this cart works. If there is any interest let me know.

Hey RandomRanger I finally have an answer on foam clay vs kwik seal. I personally prefer kwik seal it is easier to work with for me. I think ultimately it comes down to personal preference. It produces pretty much identical results as far as I can tell though so i think that kwik seal is probably the better option just because it is so cheap.

This suit is looking awesome so far, excellent job man!
As for kwik seal and foam clay I got some foam clay for filling large gaps but I've used kwik seal or just regular caulk to fill smaller seams. Its truly a game changer

This suit is looking awesome so far, excellent job man!
As for kwik seal and foam clay I got some foam clay for filling large gaps but I've used kwik seal or just regular caulk to fill smaller seams. Its truly a game changer
Yea I definitely prefer kwik seal to foam clay it is easier to work with but i did have to use it for the spartan diaper on some gaps that I had . I'll post pics of that here in a little bit.

Big update:

So I finished the front and back half of the codpiece all I need to do is attach them together, but I need to wait till payday to go buy some buckles.
20200911_231803.jpg
20200911_231821.jpg

I also made the hand pieces today because I got the gloves in the mail so I thought might as well lol. I need to heat form them but other than that they are done
20200911_231900.jpg

And for whatever reason while I type this if I hit the backspace or return key it closes the text pad on my phone . If any of you know why that would be amazing because it is driving me crazy so if thats why it looks like a 5 year old typed this that is why lol.

I have a question for everyone. Do any of you know where I can find the halo reach odst helmet foam files i can only find pep and i attempted to unfold it for foam but i can't figure it out and before I spend hours figuring out how to do it I thiught I would ask here. Also I'm still having that problem with the text pad closing and it seems to only be on here nowhere else for whatever reason. So thanks in advance

I have a question for everyone. Do any of you know where I can find the halo reach odst helmet foam files i can only find pep and i attempted to unfold it for foam but i can't figure it out and before I spend hours figuring out how to do it I thiught I would ask here. Also I'm still having that problem with the text pad closing and it seems to only be on here nowhere else for whatever reason. So thanks in advance
If you can't find a file to your liking the Halo Reach ODST helmet is very similar to the Halo 3: ODST ODST helmet with a slight change at the rear with the intersection of the upper crown, back panel and the ear panels (Reach is rounded, Halo 3 ODST has a notch cut out) as well as Reach having connection ports on the ear panels. If you get stuck you can freehand the changes to the foam files in the Armory.

I can also see about preparing a low-poly version of my Reach ODST bucket for a foam unfold.
1600009562369.png

If you can't find a file to your liking the Halo Reach ODST helmet is very similar to the Halo 3: ODST ODST helmet with a slight change at the rear with the intersection of the upper crown, back panel and the ear panels (Reach is rounded, Halo 3 ODST has a notch cut out) as well as Reach having connection ports on the ear panels. If you get stuck you can freehand the changes to the foam files in the Armory
So after looking at them side by side I think that I can free hand it, it really is very similar I will just have to think through what I'm doing a little bit more than usual lol.

The reach odst also seems to be a bit wider as well, I will need to figure that out as well which I might have trouble with but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thank you.

I have a question for everyone. And I understand that none of you can make this decision for me but I would like y'alls input. I am torn between a couple of helmets. The ODST, Noble 6 and, Recon. Oh and Armorsmith is great for scaling btw, It is not very flattering with my measurements though

;)
Halo Reach armor screenshot.jpeg

I know some of the armor isnt perfectly scaled but I just kind of through all of the armor on for reference.

Oh and Armorsmith is great for scaling btw, It is not very flattering with my measurements though
I think everyone can agree with this statement.
If you are doing a spartan, I say noble 6! it's a great helmet, but it is your character. Pick whatever you want :)
Also for scaling in armorsmith, try changing your avatar color, and then change the opacity on the armor pieces to see how close to your body it is for perfect scaling.

I think everyone can agree with this statement.
If you are doing a spartan, I say noble 6! it's a great helmet, but it is our character. Pick whatever you want :)
Also for scaling in armorsmith, try changing your avatar color, and then change the opacity on the armor pieces to see how close to your body it is for perfect scaling.

Thank you for your input, I will take that into account.

And thank you for the tip I didnt know I could do that!

he4thbar I may be dense but I can't seem to figure out how to do those two things
make sure you have the property grid menu up (select window tab -> property grid option)
then click on the avatar (anywhere) and change one of the RGB colors to 0.
for opacity, select the costume part and then in the property grid change the opacity to lower then 1 (so something like 0.6)
Armorsmith_(64_bit)_IAvOGxrm4c.png Armorsmith_(64_bit)_8SDxTPSZ8a.png Armorsmith_(64_bit)_UyrZPJNaV7.png

make sure you have the property grid menu up (select window tab -> property grid option)
then click on the avatar (anywhere) and change one of the RGB colors to 0.
for opacity, select the costume part and then in the property grid change the opacity to lower then 1 (so something like 0.6)
Thanks so much man that is extremely useful I did have the chest pieces pretty damn close. It still overlaps a little on the sides and on the bottom front but I can make some small adjustments with the foam. The helmets were way big but I fixed that so thank you!!!

Oh man its been a minute. I haven't made much progress but I did finish the biceps.

20200922_142615.jpg
20200922_142626.jpg

They didn't take me long to make but I lost some motivation so I didn't spend much time making them. I think i will either make the helmet or the chest piece next. I am thinking of making the helmet next just to muster up some motivation.

Also this is my 50th post!

Update!

I finally finished the thighs I had to add an insert in the back on the layered pieces and some elastic because I measured wrong lol

20200928_142918.jpg
20200928_142922.jpg
20200928_142931.jpg
20200928_142939.jpg

I'm really happy with how these turned out.

Next up is the shoulder pieces and then the chest piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back