First attempt - custom Noble Six(F)

Status
Not open for further replies.

xstatic

Hey all! Long time Halo fan, first time builder here. I'm about as new as they come. I have no experience whatsoever with model making or armor building. However, this has been a back-burner dream project for me ever since halo 2. But don't worry. I did come prepared... I have been researching the projects off and on for a few years. And now that my best friend and Halo partner in crime Hydra has decided to finally do her build, I couldn't feasibly wait any more. I have a planned debut of Starfest Which is April 16-18 in Denver, CO. If the build goes as I truly hope it does, I will have time after Starfest to make all sorts of fine tuning and bring it to next year's Dragon Con. But that is complete speculation.

This picture was posted here about 2 years ago by Hydra ...
halo-1.jpg

I'm the girl in pink. :D BTW I do have to say that costume was a friggin blast to run around in... though it was in no shape or form cannon. XD

so anyways... on to my project...

I plan on doing a custom Female Noble Six. I loved the fact that Reach let you be whoever you wanted to be in this game. I was overjoyed when I heard my voice remain female and my character remain pink. I also love playing around in the armory so this was a no brainer for me.

These are the pieces I wish to use:
Helmet: Commando - Base ...probably with the default visor...
halo_reach_helmet_commando_1.bmp

Chest: Collar/Breacher
halo_reach_chest_armor_breacher.jpg

Knee Guards: FJ/PARA
halo_reach_knee_guards_fjpara.jpg

Shoulder: Sniper
halo_reach_shoulder_armor_sniper.jpg

Wrist: Default (gotta keep something somewhat easy!)
halo_reach_wrist_armor_default.jpg

I believe everything else is standard Default Reach armor. I'm going to maintain my pink color scheme. i haven't decided if I'm going to use the dull pastel pink as that's all Reach gives you, or if I'll go back to my roots and keep my bright pink that I've used for years in other Halo games. I'll probably do that bright pink. It fits my personality best... But I'm not sure if that wound be considered a no no here. Someone fill me in on that please. I really do want the respect and support of the community. Don't want to piss anyone off. :)

So, yeah. :) That's it. That's the plan. A huge undertaking but I have faith that I can get it done. I'm using pepakura for this build as you have probably guessed. I've watched a ton of tutorial videos so hopefully I have it down. I'll probably have a few questions here or there, but I'll try looking through the tutorials first. I hate asking repeat questions. Well... I certainly know I hate answering them on my other forums where I've been in longstanding hobby communities where the tutorials have ALL the answers. LOL! Anyways - expect lots of updates and photos when I start...which should be next week. I want as much constructive crit as I can get!

Oh! Also - before I forget - I really want to send out a huge THANK YOU to all the members who have submitted such wonderful tutorials... especially all those AMAZING video tutorials. I'm a visual learner and those videos really make this project possible for me. So kudos to all of you who spent so much time doing something you did not have to do for the sake of people like me.

Yeah I have to agree the tuts helped me alot as well. And quick question what is that Starfest about? I'm about 4 hours south of Denver.

Hello, and welcome to the 405th, and by the sounds of it it should be a pretty interesting build to watch so I can't wait to see some pregress pics. As for colour scheme as far as I can tell its your armour its your choice and the general feel around here being the sky is the limit so good luck and have fun.

Welcome to the site, you have a start on your ideas on the build. Go for what ever color you want for your armor this will be your armor many of us have our armor somewhat different from how it really is in game. Good luck and have fun with

Cool! Color is up to you entirely. Respect will come from your skill with the build, not the color ya end up with. I may give you crap if we run into each other at D*C, but that's only cos it's Cat's job to give 6 crap. Pending I get my build done in time, lol.

Good to know that the color doesn't matter. That makes me feel pretty darn happy.

Yeah I have to agree the tuts helped me alot as well. And quick question what is that Starfest about? I'm about 4 hours south of Denver.

I'm not enirely sure... I know it's more of a sci fi convention. And I know that my friend lives in Denver and since we are both making Noble Armor we want to debut it together... That's the real reason for me going there... to hang out with my bestie. :3

I'm not enirely sure... I know it's more of a sci fi convention. And I know that my friend lives in Denver and since we are both making Noble Armor we want to debut it together... That's the real reason for me going there... to hang out with my bestie. :3

Well I think I might go to strut the stuff of Master Chief, other than on Halloween and my Graduation :)

SWEET!!!! i love Hyrdas work!!!! is she on the 405th? i only know her from the Mando mercs, but i have seen her other costumes.

And i know you are in good hands with Hydra, so good luck! and don't forget to post progress pics!

Yay another female spartan! I can't wait to see your progress shots. Best of luck!

Okay... an update! Finally! ;) It has been a slow start with a few failed attempts at my first pep. Sizing issues. Gah. I'm terrible at it. However I'm pretty sure I've got it right for the boot now. I used AceNat's measurement of 150mm width and I think it came out okay. It seems a little big? But I'm going to be wearing it with a boot, not a shoe and I think that will make the fit perfect. So here's some progress pics of it around a regular street shoe.

33632_446263307775_501077775_5485768_666112_n.jpg

71693_446263337775_501077775_5485769_4036882_n.jpg

37957_446263347775_501077775_5485770_969338_n.jpg

Quick question... I used super glue for most of this. But I'm wondering if I should use the glue gun as well? I read somewhere that superglue is okay to use with resin but I just want to double check. I also noticed that you valley folds show better when you use the glue gun... but maybe that's just because of the way I'm applying it.

SWEET!!!! i love Hyrdas work!!!! is she on the 405th? i only know her from the Mando mercs, but i have seen her other costumes.

And i know you are in good hands with Hydra, so good luck! and don't forget to post progress pics!

Yeah - Hydra is the best. Unfortunetely we live like 10 hours apart so having her help me will be difficult. But she's planning a visit over Christmas break to come and work on armor together. <3 Oh and um, she IS on 405th but I don't think she posts like... hardly at all.

Quick question... I used super glue for most of this. But I'm wondering if I should use the glue gun as well? I read somewhere that superglue is okay to use with resin but I just want to double check. I also noticed that you valley folds show better when you use the glue gun... but maybe that's just because of the way I'm applying it.

Nicely done! :)

I'm using super glue myself and it doesn't care about resin - or valley folds. Not sure how you apply it though ;-)

Okay good to know. That's great because I find that my pep comes out so clean when I use the super glue. My fingers on the other hand..... >_>

Okay good to know. That's great because I find that my pep comes out so clean when I use the super glue. My fingers on the other hand..... >_>

Try using Elmer's glue. Holds tight to paper but not your fingers.

From what I've read alot of people use it and it works fine. Id think it would react in someway with elmers though... I just signed up so not completeley sure. I use super glue because it dries quicker.;p

Try to keep your fingers moving (when possible). That way they don't stick to the model. Same thing goes when you get glue on your fingers; spread it out and keep your fingertips moving. As long as you don't try to pull it off, it doesn't hurt or do any damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back