First Build: Fallout 3 T45-D Power Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this is a substantial update this time. I finished pepping the legs and am like 3/4 of the way done resining them. I hope to finish resin and rondo on this stuff by the end of this week, if the weather permits.
DSC02340-1.jpg

DSC02341-1.jpg

DSC02342.jpg

I feel I am going extremely slow on this and with my October 31st deadline fast approaching I'm unsure of whether I'll finish this in my allotted time, do you guys think I will be able to do it, now that school's out?

Also, do you guys think my pictures are too large? I am used to resizing them to 800x600 but I can go smaller if you guys want.

Update:

Resined the thigh, put another coat on everything else.

Pepped the forearms.

Started the chest, oh God I hope I scaled it right, don't wanna be doing this massive 40 page pep ever again, lol.

Here are the only pics that would be of any interest, the forearms.
DSC02344.jpg

DSC02345.jpg

Thanks for looking!

About 10 hours and many many hot glue burns later...

It was too small.

Man I suck at scaling.

:(

Don't get discouraged. Just think of it as more practice at pepping. Practice makes perfect.
And it doesn't have to be a total waste; post it in the Classifieds and you might make some money off of it!

This is looking really good. Your pepakura skills are obvious. And I do enjoy the Fallout love. Keep up the great work

Thank you very much. I am very much enjoying following your RvB build, it's coming along very nicely.

Update: What I have so far, propped up with random items.

DSC02351.jpg

DSC02352.jpg

Also that odd stain on the floor is room when my dog walked through my paint palette as I was painting lol.

@TH3 FETT MAN, thanks for the compliment!

Even more progress.
Chest Resined
DSC02367.jpg

Forearms Resined
DSC02366.jpg

Knees filled with baby vomit, I mean rondo...
DSC02365.jpg

Thighs filled with baby vomit rondo
DSC02364.jpg

The rondo turned that ugly green because I used professional gold body filler in the rondo mix and so the yellowy-green and red
combined to make that weird color.

I also made one of those completion picture thingies in a few minutes. Albeit terrible, it is still a good gauge of how I am progressing.
Untitled-1.jpg

OMG !!! This is epic :) Keep up the great work !
Thanks for the kind words buddy.

Got a lot done in my two days off, as you can see. Today I rondoed 5 pieces, would have been 6 but I ran out of resin...
Forearms:
DSC02368.jpg

Biceps
DSC02369.jpg

And one shin, close up of rondo work.
DSC02370.jpg

Updated Progress Meter Thingy:
Untitled-1-2.jpg

I like feedback. Tell me what I'm doing right and wrong. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Great work so far. Looks like all your rondo work came along well. Can't wait to see how the bondo and shaping turn out.
Thanks for the kind words. However I still am far from bondo work. Last night I had one of my pieces drop from arms length and it caused some nasty cracking around the edges. I really was worried about the structural integrity of my suit but the cracking that happened from such a small drop made me realize I'm going to have to harden them more. I plan to fiberglass most of these and have the rondo there as a layer underneath in case I miss any spots with the fiberglass. So, yay more work to do!

Did a bit of fiberglassing today, I did half of the inside of the biceps and forearms. The rondo below it was a bit sticky and made the glassing 100 times easier.

Pics:
DSC02373.jpg

DSC02378.jpg

I attempted to add another layer of rondo onto my thigh, but I was clumsy and forgot to add hardener. I ended up mixing up another batch of rondo and using like triple the hardener required. It caused this mess but it fixed the problem and saved my piece. Hopefully I can just sand down the imperfections.
DSC02371.jpg

So now just another half of fiberglassing on 4 pieces, and one more coat of rondo on the other thigh and I'm set to start bondoing.

Did all the rondo and fiberglassing and started bondoing today. Did a bit on the thigh, nothing much though. I did however complete my first coat on one of my forearms, all it needs is a touch up coat of bondo for all the mess ups and gouges, and I'm done with that piece.

Pics:
DSC02379.jpg

DSC02380.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

DSC02382.jpg

Looks warped in the last one, but it's just the camera angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back