First {Halo} build - Spartan (TV series)

Yeah - I think I can consider that a decent fit.
1:1 model is for a 7' Spartan II
I'm 5'10 first thing in the morning. A little stocky. Call it 85%
Yeah, if I don't over build the arms on the undersuit that's gonna work. Can bend the arm fully etc.
Sanding will begin in the future.
1652363457954.png

But first I'm going to finish the under armor. Just silly to print any more body parts without sizing them with the suit on: That thing isn't exactly thin spandex
1652364013167.png

Yeah - I think I can consider that a decent fit.
1:1 model is for a 7' Spartan II
I'm 5'10 first thing in the morning. A little stocky. Call it 85%
Yeah, if I don't over build the arms on the undersuit that's gonna work. Can bend the arm fully etc.
Sanding will begin in the future.
View attachment 318061

But first I'm going to finish the under armor. Just silly to print any more body parts without sizing them with the suit on: That thing isn't exactly thin spandex
View attachment 318063
it has been amazing to watch your progress. I wish you the best of luck in finishing this so far amazing cosplay! Can't wait to see the final reveal

it has been amazing to watch your progress. I wish you the best of luck in finishing this so far amazing cosplay! Can't wait to see the final reveal
Thanks. I love the encouragement of this group. Alas most of the work is now going to have to go on hold. I'm in the midst of a move and all the armor is in freight.

Thanks. I love the encouragement of this group. Alas most of the work is now going to have to go on hold. I'm in the midst of a move and all the armor is in freight.
Hey that's okay! Still great either way! My 3d printer if being delivered today then I begin my process of my first ever build

Looks amazing, theoretically could you do it all on the ender 3 and just break it up? asking for myself.

Spartan Khan Bloxx3r kmccanless
If all you have is a small printer like an Ender3 then you do what you have to do to get by with what you have.
Me? As I am detailing on this thread for my build: Oh heck no!

I have no desire to turn a helmet into a dozen parts or a chest into 30 - then print - then glue - then seam - hide all the edges - back-line it all in fiberglass and resin in the hopes of it not breaking all to bits along the 30 seams while I'm wearing (and stressing) it at a convention. My time is worth more than $1/hr. after all that labor and extra materials.

My choice was to buy a big freaking printer and just print big parts as whole parts. A one-time investment of an extra few hundred dollars to eliminate repeated jobs of hundreds of hours of manual labor is simple math in my book. Just hit [Start] and walk away for a week.

Helmet main body - 1 job - on CR10s-5 (500x500)
Forearm - 1 job - On Hictop D3Hero or similar 300x300
Use the tiny Ender3 printers for small parts, details and greeblies etc. (Or print them on resin printer - either way)

Last edited:
Spartan Khan Bloxx3r kmccanless
If all you have is a small printer like an Ender3 then you do what you have to do to get by with what you have.
Me? As I am detailing on this thread for my build: Oh heck no!

I have no desire to turn a helmet into a dozen parts or a chest into 30 - then print - then glue - then seam - hide all the edges - back-line it all in fiberglass and resin in the hopes of it not breaking all to bits along the 30 seams while I'm wearing (and stressing) it at a convention. My time is worth more than $1/hr. after all that labor and extra materials.

My choice was to buy a big freaking printer and just print big parts as whole parts. A one-time investment of an extra few hundred dollars to eliminate repeated jobs of hundreds of hours of manual labor is simple math in my book. Just hit [Start] and walk away for a week.

Helmet main body - 1 job - on CR10s-5 (500x500)
Forearm - 1 job - On Hictop D3Hero or similar 300x300
Use the tiny Ender3 printers for small parts, details and greeblies etc. (Or print them on resin printer - either way)
by the end of this year ill probably upgrade to a larger one.
As Creativity4ever said, Ender3pro is a great intro. I describe it as "if you can't print with an Ender3, you can't print."

Personally I hate sensors like the BL touch. Personally I find them to be more trouble than they are worth and cause too many issues when (not if) they fail. Especially on a small printer like an Ender3. To me, just one old-school opinion, I want to learn to drive on a stick shift with no bells and whistles. I want to actually feel and understand it all. For me, this meant when I moved up to larger printers that didn't support sensors it was no big deal instead of being a learning curve that I should have gone through at the beginning.

Whether you do a sensor or not is up to you. But the Ender3 is a good beginner choice. Just expect and budget to move to something larger in short order. Because you'll be hooked in under 30 days - then ask... Wait: I can't do armor on this unless I carve it up into 20 pieces. Now what? Then you get a bigger printer to set next to the little one. They aren't fast. So small printer for small things and big printer for big things. Going at the same time.
after my first successful print on my ender 3 pro i was hooked, i cant afford a new printer till the end of the year but i will be getting one! Hopefully something with a large print bed, i would love to be able to do a helmet in one print!

Well... Its been a break while moving from USA to AU. But have my hobby shop up enough to start printing again - Hurray!
Brand new machine while my others are still on a freighter. Anycubic KobraMax (400x400x450). Some small tests and calibrations look good.
Let's throw something bigger at it. Boot, front half (toe cover). 38hrs print time, give or take. PETG. Even on this 400mm machine just a portion of the boot takes a good chunk of real estate; Hahaha!
1661213351246.png

Thanks. Its good to have machines up and a hobby shed getting setup a little more each day.

Have you given any thought to printing the boot pieces in a flexible filament? It might extend their lifespan and give you more comfort for walking
Thought about it: Yes.
But I don't have any TPU on hand. And I have to get moving on this for Supanova Brisbane in November. So don't exactly have the luxury of waiting on supplies.
And its a new machine so worst case, this is still part of my dial-in... every job is about faster, less stringing, better skin finish, etc. That's why I'm starting low. Boots can get beat and dirty and still look correct. By the time I work upward to parts at eye level the machines will be better tuned.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back