Flying Squirrels Helmet Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirvanaking95

well i need help with scaling flying squirrels helmet.
well i got some card stock paper ready so i can start my HD helmet :lol:
im going to using flying squirrels "MKVI_HD_HELM_FLYINGSQUIRL"

alright so im 5 ft 2 in so now what? ;)

haha lol. im not lauphing at you im lauphing at the lines your wrte. e.g i got my pie my whip cream.its frizen. now what. lol
use a ruler and mesure from th chin to a bit above the top of your head or measure exact and add like and extra 1 cm

I think he wanted the ratio to put into the pep, well why not try the Pepakura Scaling Thread?

Thanks for the constructive edit Nirvana.

ILikeCats said:
I think he wanted the ratio to put into the pep, well why not try the Pepakura Scaling Thread?

But Please cut back on the childish emoticons and learn some proper grammar, if you want to be taken seriously.

Note: Search for the thread yourself.

-.-

Last edited by a moderator:
"im going to using flying squirre"
okay... now i see what your saying of my grammar...
correction:
im going to use* flying squirls (mkvi_hd_helm)

oh i thought he was tlkaing to me :eek: lol
i dont nkwo muhc about getting ratio i ust no how to scale hight because mine auto maticly changes everything with the hightnchange

All the responses but none came close to addressing the original query.

@Nirvana:
I want you to take a straight ruler (do NOT use a tape measure!) and measure the distance between your ears while standing in front of a mirror. Post your measured distance in centimeters here and I'll suggest an appropriate assembled height for your head size.

Ral Partha said:
All the responses but none came close to addressing the original query.

@Nirvana:
I want you to take a straight ruler (do NOT use a tape measure!) and measure the distance between your ears while standing in front of a mirror. Post your measured distance in centimeters here and I'll suggest an appropriate assembled height for your head size.

Okay, I got it, its 26 cm. If that's right from ear to ear wait, if you wanted from top let me see.
that's 29 cm.
I got them both if you needed one of them.
Thanks.

Nirvana said:
Okay, I got it, its 26 cm. If that's right from ear to ear
That sounds a bit too big. WIth that distance, I calculate its assembled height as 37 cm and this is way too big for someone of your height. Re-measure your ear-to-ear distance using this pic as a guide:

faceforscaling.jpg

wait, if you wanted from top let me see. that's 29 cm. I got them both if you needed one of them.
Nah. I don't find that method useful.

I thought you were supposed to measure from your chin to the top of your dome? I havent heard of measuring from ear to ear.

if it helps at all im about 5'9'' and i did my helmet at 26.5 cause i have a huge head...the scaling never really came out right for me so i would just have some one take your measurements ..and see if that works...master chief is to buff for me to fit in his suit...even if he was my height

Like Humboldt_spartan im 5'9" and i scale my helmet to 27 to fit my big head. So the scale number different for different people even if you have the same height

Ral Partha said:
That sounds a bit too big. WIth that distance, I calculate its assembled height as 37 cm and this is way too big for someone of your height. Re-measure your ear-to-ear distance using this pic as a guide:

faceforscaling.jpg

Nah. I don't find that method useful.
um i got 26 cm again

Nirvana said:
um i got 26 cm again
I'm sorry if I'm having a hard time believing this number. A helmet based on this measurement will be almost 15" tall and your head is only 11.4" (29 cm) tall. At only 5'2", the helmet is going to be way oversized. Either you used a tape measure or you were moving a ruler across your face. Better get someone to hold a straight ruler steady across the bridge of your nose and have him measure the distance between your ears.

sorry i didn't see this sooner. you must have downloaded it from the wiki, the new links in my thread come with a txt document that outlines it.

basically you just measure from the bottom of your chin to the top of your head, making sure to keep the ruler vertical, and then add a cm or two for padding etc. than put this number into the assembled height bit.

most people get something around 25 - 28.

i got a helmet from doc bytes that was assembled at 25.5 and it fits grand. :)

Nirvana said:
Okay, wait you have new helmet?
nope, i just gathered all the Mrk VI versions into one and included info on how to scale it. i think i did the same with the chest. i ust to get pmed a hell of alot about how to scale it so i put it with the download. :)

Nirvana said:
okay i did it that way, and i got, ...... no i got 26 cm
yea, that should be right. theres no exact sience to it. :)

bdw, just a friendly fyi, most people prefere if you edit your last post instead of double posting. :)

flying_squirl said:
nope, i just gathered all the Mrk VI versions into one and included info on how to scale it. i think i did the same with the chest. i ust to get pmed a hell of alot about how to scale it so i put it with the download. :)
yea, that should be right. theres no exact sience to it. :)

bdw, just a friendly fyi, most people prefere if you edit your last post instead of double posting. :)
k sry and uh do u have any new helmets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back