Flying Squirrels Helmet Scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
no worries, it was just a fyi :) nah, no new helmets, ive just been working on the recon ODST smg n my armour stuffs

Last edited by a moderator:
flying_squirl said:
no worries, it was just a fyi :) nah, no new helmets, ive just been working on the recon ODST smg n my armour stuffs
k and your smg looks great, i CANT wait until its finished!!

Nirvana said:
Hold up, I redid that and I got 11 cm.
This is much more reasonable. I recommend that you use an assembled height of 23.7 cm or 24 cm. After you have assembled the helmet, go through the usual procedures: resin on the outside, remove the struts and then resin the inside. At this point, your helmet will NOT fit. To make it fit your head, you need to trim the flaps on the of the helmet, shown in black crosshatch pattern in the pic below;

644897af.jpg

They should be soft enough to be cut with scissors.

Do NOT go with anything sized lower than 26 cm, it WILL become too small. I suggest that you use the scale of 27 cm, which will fit PERFECTLY around your head. Remember people: The inside of the helmet will become A LOT smaller when you add padding. You want about 1-2 cm clearence on either side of your ears.

But remember: GO WITH 27 CM!

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
Do NOT go with anything sized lower than 26 cm, it WILL become too small. I suggest that you use the scale of 27 cm, which will fit PERFECTLY around your head. Remember people: The inside of the helmet will become A LOT smaller when you add padding. You want about 1-2 cm clearence on either side of your ears.

K thanks.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:

Keep in mind that he's only 5'2" in height plus he measured the distance between his ears to be 11 cm and with an added 2-cm clearance, his helmet should be 24 cm. But it's his call.

Ral Partha said:
Keep in mind that he's only 5'2" in height plus he measured the distance between his ears to be 11 cm and with an added 2-cm clearance, his helmet should be 24 cm. But it's his call.

But the scale of the helmet is not measured by width, but by height. The chin of the helmet is the lowest point, and it should be 1-3 cm lower than his own chin.

S1l3nt V1p3r said:
But the scale of the helmet is not measured by width, but by height. The chin of the helmet is the lowest point, and it should be 1-3 cm lower than his own chin.
Well, changing the height also changes width (and depth) by the same amount so if you can slip the helmet over your head, chances are its height will be correct too. I'm actually more convinced about your argument regarding the inside paddings for choosing a larger assembled height but we'll see how his helmet turns out.

Ral Partha said:
Well, changing the height also changes width (and depth) by the same amount so if you can slip the helmet over your head, chances are its height will be correct too. I'm actually more convinced about your argument regarding the inside paddings for choosing a larger assembled height but we'll see how his helmet turns out.

Agreed. Let's set aside our arguments, and see how his helmet turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back