Foam ODST Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see another ODST build being started out of foam! I also love the choice of file to use for the breastplate, I have always been partial to that nice rounded look that file gives!! Plus I love that you are working on a tactical kit for the back of the suit!
Thanks! Hoping it turns out pretty close to my reference!

Alright, here is a larger shoulder plate, think I got the size down! If not maybe one more inch! Behold:

20190325_092310.jpg

20190325_092319.jpg

20190325_092325.jpg

d
Thanks! Hoping it turns out pretty close to my reference!
No problem! also, for the gauntlets, I highly suggest using googly eyes as fake rivets along the armor! An example posted below for my piece! It really adds a nice level of dimension and detail. I used it across my shoulder pieces and the gauntlets.

Attachments

• IMG_20180420_140809_775.jpg
    IMG_20180420_140809_775.jpg
    807.3 KB · Views: 230
d
No problem! also, for the gauntlets, I highly suggest using googly eyes as fake rivets along the armor! An example posted below for my piece! It really adds a nice level of dimension and detail. I used it across my shoulder pieces and the gauntlets.
Yeah, that's dope, I might dremel a "googly eye" sized dent then pop it in or use airsoft bbs, or leave it plain, I do like the rivet look though! Pretty awesome!

Anyway, after work I am going to take the shoulders one klick away from my house and shoe goo the inner seams, mostly because I like how they turned out and don't want dragon con football to wreck them!

Yeah, that's dope, I might dremel a "googly eye" sized dent then pop it in or use airsoft bbs, or leave it plain, I do like the rivet look though! Pretty awesome!
This is the method I use too minus the BB. I use a stone dremel bit that has an indentation on the top or a sanding band slightly hanging off the top of the bit to cut into the foam and leave a center circle. This way you don't have to worry about material mismatch when priming.

This is the method I use too minus the BB. I use a stone dremel bit that has an indentation on the top or a sanding band slightly hanging off the top of the bit to cut into the foam and leave a center circle. This way you don't have to worry about material mismatch when priming.
Exactly my thoughts!

Also xXDashIVXx is competing with Dirtdives for the "like" count, wonder who will win?

giphy-15.gif

Dirtdives. He's been on here for ages! I'm sure back in the stone age dirtdives had a square rock in front of his mammoth pen with "405" scribbled on it in written charcoal, building a suit of his favorite futuristic Roman Legionnaire! He was 'liking' things way back then and making fun of poor PaiganBoi as he carried rocks back and forth with Mr. Flintstone.

Sorry xXDashIVXx , you just don't have the tenure...

View attachment 267926

Dirtdives. He's been on here for ages! I'm sure back in the stone age dirtdives had a square rock in front of his mammoth pen with "405" scribbled on it in written charcoal, building a suit of his favorite futuristic Roman Legionnaire! He was 'liking' things way back then and making fun of poor PaiganBoi as he carried rocks back and forth with Mr. Flintstone.

Nevermind, xXDashIVXx, I'm sorry you lost by centuries, haaaaaa it's funny because he has a "Centurion" suit, well played Sean Anwalt

View attachment 267926

Aren't "Likes" on the site a relatively new feature though?

If you have any voids that are empty & want to fill them i would use Great Stuff spray expanding foam i have used it myself in my suites to give it great support & a custom fit to my body. Its also light weight.

If you have any voids that are empty & want to fill them i would use Great Stuff spray expanding foam i have used it myself in my suites to give it great support & a custom fit to my body. Its also light weight.
Hmmmm? Whatya talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back