Foam Pep files

Status
Not open for further replies.

McPrimus

Jr Member
Foam Pep files / My custom Mark V reach armor

Greetings all,

Its been a while since I have been on the sight, and of man have things gotten interesting. How did we live without Foam armor all this time?!? I have been foampepping (trying to get this term started) like crazy the last few weeks. I wanted to share my files with you guys, since some of you don't have the ability to save your pep files since you are using the trial version (its worth the $$ to buy the full version, trust me).

so here are the links to most of a basic Mark V (b) reach suit , ready for foampep

chest
waist
forearm
shoulder
thigh
shin
carter shoulder armor

These files have been adjusted so that edge pieces and thin pieces have been removed. It does not go together exactly like pep, but it gives you the flat surfaces you need to make good cuts. It also helps to have the pep file open to see the 3D model as you build.

I will post updates on my own work, and a few tips later on.

PS I have given credit to the designers and unfolders in the cases where I knew them. I want to declare right now and openly that I DID NOT design these 3D files or unfold them initially, I have simply rearranged the unfold to work with foam mats.

Update:
Here are a couple of pics

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
sorry the first one is kinda fuzzy. So far I have the chest, waist and left side foampepped and primed with plasti-dip. I plan to work on the shoulders armor next, then do the right side arms and legs to match. I plan to attempt a Mark V helmet using foam, we'll see how it turns out.

Just in time! I have literally just cut the plastic off a bunch of mats in order to start working on a Mk V for my son. I had planned to use MOZ's pep files as a basis, but I may give yours a try, given that you've done all the hard work of making it foam-friendly :) . Thanks for sharing, and of course, credit to the original modelers and unfolders.

ForgedReclaimer has modeled an Hd thigh piece that has alot of large pieces it that look like it may be good for foampepping
he is makeing a complete suit
just thought I would throw this up there,maybe you would want to look into it and have more options

PS I have given credit to the designers and unfolders in the cases where I knew them. I want to declare right now and openly that I DID NOT design these 3D files or unfold them initially, I have simply rearranged the unfold to work with foam mats.
For the modelers, here's the list:

Chest ---> L3X BLU3RIV3R (V1 chest; carpathiavh99's unfold)
Waist/codpiece ---> Rundown
Shoulder ---> Rundown
Thigh ---> Rundown
Shin ---> Rhinoc
Carter Shoulder ---> carpathiavh99 (not zabicvamic)

I also suggest that you move the unused parts to the outside of the white area in the development. That way, those won't be printed accidentally when we press "Print All."

thanks for the info on the modeler credit. I have had most of those files since July of 2010, so I couldn't remember who created them for sure.

As for the extra pieces, to each their own, I just usually print the specific pages to exclude the unused pieces ( I have also had printer problems when pieces were in the "gray" area.

BTW, wasn't there an issue with those Carter shoulders about who exactly designed them, or have I confused them with something else. I know there was (is?) a problem a while back with people taking claim for work they did not actually build.

Been working on the foampep, and making great progress (pics tonight). So far I have the left shin and shoulder finished and primed with plasti-dip spray. The pep files take a lot of customizing due to the nature of the foam material, but overall it gives you a great starting point. I have the chest about 80% complete, and it rocks! It amazes me how much detail you can add using the thin foamies to create depth.

top sde, used foamies to add detail and hide joints

top side near elbow

used the edge pieces from the foam to take out any gaps between arm and forearm armor

underside detail

front view

LOTS to show off today. I have been so busy working on this that I have failed to post updates. The suit is complete, and I am about 90% finished with the paint. You can see my all foam mark V helmet is coming along nicely, and I even found time to build a duct-tape dummy! I really wish I had made the dummy much sooner, it is exactly my size and would be great for testing pieces as you build them. I also built my shoulder pieces using magnets, so I can build mulitple shoulder parts and interchange them. My dummy still needs a little work, but soon I will post final pics with the boots included. I found some Columbia brand slip-on water shoes at Goodwill that are grey and black, that make perfect spartan-III boots.

hey, the links dont work no more, any idea why?

Probably something to do with the links being seven years old and a site migration or two between then and now.

The Halo Reach Mk. V in the Armoury right now is pretty fantastic and has been updated several times so the files might be a lot more useful than the ones linked in the dead links of this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back