Foam recon helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

spartanbula

hey guys thought i'd make a quick recon helmet before i went on vacation so here is most of the top done, enjoy. :D

Snapshot_20120811.jpg

Snapshot_20120811_1.jpg

Snapshot_20120811_2.jpg

almost finished

hey im almost done, gonna finish it up next monday because im going to be on vacation for the next week. but here it is. this is my first foam helmet build so it may look a little off. enjoy...

Snapshot_20120811_6.jpg

i got home from vacation and did some work filling in some of the seams, i use wall spakle to fill in small things, and it usually works pretty well once it is sealed in with paint and primer. but i should have some pics of it in the morning.

i got home from vacation and did some work filling in some of the seams, i use wall spakle to fill in small things, and it usually works pretty well once it is sealed in with paint and primer. but i should have some pics of it in the morning.
If the armor isn't quite as smoothe as w u would like, T know a guy who uses Auto filler for cars to fix the small imperfections in the foam. All u do is put it on after the spackle and paint once it is dry.

If the armor isn't quite as smoothe as w u would like, T know a guy who uses Auto filler for cars to fix the small imperfections in the foam. All u do is put it on after the spackle and paint once it is dry.

You are referring to bondo. It will not work on foam because it flexes and will cause bondo to crack.

yo, i finished up the main painting of the helmet, not too shabby just needs to be touched up slightly with a brush on a few places. my only problem is that im having a heck of a time with some of the seams i see in between some of the pieces and its ticking me off a little, any advice, oh and heres a few pics of the painted helmet.

Snapshot_20120821.jpg

Snapshot_20120821_1.jpg

Snapshot_20120821_2.jpg

Snapshot_20120821_3.jpg

I was debating on doing it in foam, but went pep. I'm glad to see someone was braver than me and made one out of foam!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back