Free Halo 3 Modding Service

Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloFreakX said:
Anyone can make turretless Hogs.

I think what he means is instead of using the new round trick that you could have a map saved with them on it.

For Ima, can you stack things? Like clones or other objects?

Last edited by a moderator:
Keegan said:
I think what he means is instead of using the new round trick that you could have a map saved with them on it.

yes that's what i wanted for a machinima idea

Keegan said:

Most non-Forge objects stay in place where they are spawned. Active equipment, vehicles, and other Forgeable objects fall when they spawn, or can stack. Clones can also be stacked, but they normally slide off the clone beneath them unless you place their spawn points perfectly.

Basically:
Non-Forge = floats
Forgeable = stacks/doesn't float
Clones: stacks, but slides off/doesn't float

jjb479 said:
I'll take you up on this offer. I'm making a Machinima called Project GHOST, and I've had trouble finding someone to mod the game for me. What i request:

Map: Sandtrap
Request: A frigate hovering over Sandtrap
Author: Project GHOST
Map Name: GHOST
Map Description: I don't want any description
Time: I'll PM you to let you know when I'll be filming.

i kinda have a map like that only difference is that there is a frigate but its crashed into the ground... and there are clones and warthog turrets every where AND! there are a bunch of elephants... its called crashed frigate...

Gamertag: sepheus 13
Type of mod wanted usermap
http://www.bungie.net/Online/Halo3UserCont...fileid=62295600

-Usermap Form Extension-
Map: avalanche
Request : missile pod turrets where ever plasma pistols are. i know you can do this just swap out the codes and stuff and guass turrets where ever maulers are
Author Name: renegade
Map Name: the renegades
Map Description map used in the machinima the renegades
Available Time: any time really

jjb479 said:
I'll take you up on this offer. I'm making a Machinima called Project GHOST, and I've had trouble finding someone to mod the game for me. What i request:

Map: Sandtrap
Request: A frigate hovering over Sandtrap
Author: Project GHOST
Map Name: GHOST
Map Description: I don't want any description
Time: I'll PM you to let you know when I'll be filming.

I'll get to work on that. The only thing I have to do is experiment with where to place the spawn points.

Pvt. waffles, I'll get your request too. Can you recommend the file to me? My b.net account never lets me download anything without my computer going crazy and closing the window.

P.S- PM box cleared.

Yes it was a long read wasn't it?
In that case after reading your first post I can't do what I wanted.
I thought it would be cool to have sandtrap COVERED in active tripmines, and two small areas are cleared out at either end of the map. Place banshees and hornets at each "base" to have an air battle only map!

vanalla said:
I thought it would be cool to have sandtrap COVERED in active tripmines, and two small areas are cleared out at either end of the map. Place banshees and hornets at each "base" to have an air battle only map!

I'm liking that.
The two towers on each side of sandtrap could have some weapons and maybe A banshee.
Make a bridge of floating objects leading to the other side where you can fight with weapons.
Or have an air battle.

The only problems being, If the map had that many active tripmines, Chances are it would lag. Not to mention what would happen when the tripmines actually went off.

Second, If you're falling towards the tripmines. All you have to do is crouch and they wont go off. even if you step directly on them.

The Stig said:
Second, If you're falling towards the tripmines. All you have to do is crouch and they wont go off. even if you step directly on them.

I think even if your crouched while falling they will still blow up. Its only if your walking Im pretty sure.
And even so there will be a falling banshee to set the others off anyways, which will still blow you up.

vanalla said:

Actually, that is doable.

I can place the "spawns" for the out-of-the-map Guardian mines to be set in the map, so you can't get near the ground unless you want to die.

Atleast, that's what I've been told and shown. I'll test it out later if you can make the map with all of the vehicles/weapons/spawns you want in it. Once you mod a map, you can't save any changes to it in Forge, or all of the modded stuff disappears.

EDIT: Updated priority list. Receiving a new Xport early this week, my other one apparently died.

Well, As far as I know Kevin is still in business, so a necro would probably be allowed.
I'll be coming STRAIT to you Kev' when I get Sandbox, I'm thinking Killballs... Lots of them...

-Usermap Form Extension-
Map: Valhalla
Request: Basically weapon changes like:

Fuel Rod fires Spartan laser shots
Magnum fires sniper bullets
Battle Rifle fires rockets
Rocket Launcher fires wraith blasts
Assault Rifle is normal
Sentinal Beam fires fully charged plasma pistol bolts
If possible, plasma grenade explosion not only damages, but spawns and Elite clone

Author Name: REALLY BORED
Map Name: IM BORED
Map Description: Very very bored!
Available Time: I can be on anytime upon request. I can PM you with my MSN so you can contact me when it's ready and I will sign into XBL to join you and get the map.

EDIT: Your inbox is full... The information is on my profile.

thepuma said:
hi guys the necro poster is here, so can you put up a list of the objects you can mod

Linky

I can swap out any object with something on that list, but I can't mod their qualities, such as weapon projectiles, weapon speed, player jump height, etc. Only object swaps for Forge maps you have.

EDIT: This weekend I'm going to mod all of the requests in the thread, and open it up for any new requests.

P.S- I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make infinite killballs once the Mythic Maps are released. (Or atleast around 100 >.>)

imMonkeyGOD said:
is it possible to make a green screen but everywhere on the map for machinimas?

I don't think so, no. You could pay someone with a dev kit to mod a map, and record it and send you the video, but that would cost you about $7 per 5 minutes at the cheapest I've seen.

If you're interested in trying that, try talking to Halo03dude on Ibotmodz.net or Xbox LIVE. He has a dev kit and offers dev kit modding services.

The reason for the price is because very few people will use their dev kits to help anyone, and you simply can't get what they can do without a dev kit. Also, the process is extremely time consuming for the person using the dev kit, and they usually have to spend 30 or more minutes manual working with the .map file(s).

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I don't think so, no. You could pay someone with a dev kit to mod a map, and record it and send you the video, but that would cost you about $7 per 5 minutes at the cheapest I've seen.

If you're interested in trying that, try talking to Halo03dude on Ibotmodz.net or Xbox LIVE. He has a dev kit and offers dev kit modding services.

The reason for the price is because very few people will use their dev kits to help anyone, and you simply can't get what they can do without a dev kit. Also, the process is extremely time consuming for the person using the dev kit, and they usually have to spend 30 or more minutes manual working with the .map file(s).
do you have/ plan on getting a dev kit

thepuma said:
do you have/ plan on getting a dev kit

If I accumulate the money and the economy doesn't fall to pieces, then I may. It mainly centers on if I can learn a few different programmingl anguages that the system uses.

If I do acquire one, though, I'll be sure to share any mods with the 405th.

EDIT: Waffles, you're mod's fresh off the presses. I'll give you the mod later today.

Boryenko said:
Awww... You can't do the mod I wanted. Oh well.

You can have projectiles spawn instead of an object, but that is hard to aim, and the projectiles usually lag the game like crazy. You can do about 10-12 projectiles without much lag, though, even tank shots ( :p )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back