Gears of War 3 Baird Foam Full Suit(scratch built). Will be ready for release night.

What weapon should I make to go with my suit?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wicked Awesome I was wondering if were you going to add the top section of the boots.The sawed off is looking epic cant wait to see it done.

Love the sawed off shotgun.

As for the last question. "Optical illusion? What do you mean?"

You're choice of colors and how you gradually fade/blend them into each other give more depth to the object they there is in reality. The blue and silver fading into the black, along with the gray tones with the black wash bringing out those details you want seen. Further more the blue compliments the silver and vis versa along with the black to the brown so the color choices bring out the above mentioned details even more. Basically creating the shadows and highlights that you get from the sun and/or light normally thus creating an optical illusion. In short it truly is larger then life and a wonderful work of Art. :D As apposed to just slapping a coat of paint on it and calling it done.

Sorry, I'm really not that good with putting thought into words but I hope that describes the point I was trying to say on that last post.

hey guys im very new to this forum AND VERY VERY NEW to the cosplay / costume making scene. i was wondering where can i pick up tips for working on foam? my wife and i are both gear heads and really good at drawing. i never tried my hand at creating a costume but i want to now and thank you in advance as well as to the OP you have amazing skill!!! kinda what made me want to try my hand at it

hey guys im very new to this forum AND VERY VERY NEW to the cosplay / costume making scene. i was wondering where can i pick up tips for working on foam? my wife and i are both gear heads and really good at drawing. i never tried my hand at creating a costume but i want to now and thank you in advance as well as to the OP you have amazing skill!!! kinda what made me want to try my hand at it

First of all welcome to the 405th,and second of all try not to hijack someone's else thread.
Foam armoring is somewhat new so I would just look at other peoples threads and see how they are doing.
Also read all the stickies in the noob section for further Q's

What kind of hinges did you use. How did you attach them? And is it possible to get a picture of it? Or maybe even a diagram?

the type of foam is just standard workout mats that you can pick up anywhere. i am pretty sure i remember how he did the hinge but i will let him tell you guys, and lastly the circle believe it our not were cut by hand. i watched him with my own eyes use a high speed cutting bit on the router and make the cirlces.

Love the sawed off shotgun.

As for the last question. "Optical illusion? What do you mean?"

You're choice of colors and how you gradually fade/blend them into each other give more depth to the object they there is in reality. The blue and silver fading into the black, along with the gray tones with the black wash bringing out those details you want seen. Further more the blue compliments the silver and vis versa along with the black to the brown so the color choices bring out the above mentioned details even more. Basically creating the shadows and highlights that you get from the sun and/or light normally thus creating an optical illusion. In short it truly is larger then life and a wonderful work of Art. :D As apposed to just slapping a coat of paint on it and calling it done.

Sorry, I'm really not that good with putting thought into words but I hope that describes the point I was trying to say on that last post.

Ahh, now I know what you mean. I put the shading and shadowing on it to give it more depth. I'm glad you notice/like it :D

What kind of hinges did you use. How did you attach them? And is it possible to get a picture of it? Or maybe even a diagram?

There is a small square of aluminum flashing with a hole drilled in them on each side of the foam where the pivot point is. I also put a tube of flashing through the hole in the foam. IF that doesn't make sense, I can draw a diagram.

Sorry for the dry spell guys. But three weeks ago I started the sawed-off and finished it in under two weeks. Last week I molded it all and it was a ton of work to do in a week, but it is done and here are the results. I hope you guys like it. The suit is all done as well but unfortunately I didn't have a camera man to take pics this weekend, so I will take some tomorrow.

Sawed-Off25.jpg

Sawed-Off26.jpg

Sawed-Off27.jpg

Sawed-Off28.jpg

Sawed-Off29.jpg

Yea, I nearly crapped my pants when you sent me these pictures earlier. Forgot to reply back to you. But seriously, Amazing work!

I am in complete awe of this work. I cannot find a single thing to critique. Everything from the sculpt to the paint is phenomenal. I know how difficult it can be to get such unique curves to come out symmetrical. Add on to it that the overall shape is like a shotgun designed by an architect, and you have really created an amazing piece of work. Congrats man.

You know every time I come to this build I look at the top bar expecting it to be in the Elite section. There's not much more I can add to the other comments on the weapon...it absolutely flawless from what I can see from the pic's

That shotgun is phenomenal! the level of craftsmanship in your work is astounding. You really will look the part at release night. Amazing work.

dude seriously???? that is FREAKIN UNREAL... that is amazing. give me a second to pick my jaw up off the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back