Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think its cuz this one is actually like hes trying to find the materials and cant get the pics up. he's at least chasing the idea instead of just talking about it

i have a coupe of ideas, if you do ever build it from scratch and you want it to move, i suggest either a lawn mower engine or a chain saw engine.

or you could build it over an ATV

I think that somebody else had this idea and was going to use an electric scooter with a seat on it.

If you go that way then you could put some training wheels on the front to stabilize it.

It would be cool to put purple neon under it too.

:shock: My God. Watch for potholes... The wipeout on that scooter would be spectacular. EMT's wouldn't need an ambulance, just a sponge and bucket for cleanup.

I realize this could never work for a average sized man but if you were to make one for say like a small child. One of those little battery powered motorcycles like you find in the kids section at walmart could provide the frame all you would have to do is build around it, and then you have not a very fast but at least a mobile ghost.

IronGiant628 said:
I realize this could never work for a average sized man but if you were to make one for say like a small child. One of those little battery powered motorcycles like you find in the kids section at walmart could provide the frame all you would have to do is build around it, and then you have not a very fast but at least a mobile ghost.
You cannot bump old topics unless the original poster has updates or has more questions this was on like page 5 and it was at the bottom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thought - those scooters that old and fat people use have a really good turning radius. They're not fast, but they could probably mimic the movement of the ghost fairly closely.

I think your best bet at making a ghost that actually operates, is building every aspect of it from scratch. In MY mind, the way to go about making the base, is making a steel frame, the front having two wheels, the back, just under the seat, should be a third wheel/caster so that it can swivel, so you can make turns better. Just use the motor from a scooter, and modify it

Here's just a quick sketch of what i mean

ghostconcept.jpg

Good work, Tubachris - that looks great.
Do you think it would be too hard to incorporate the drive wheels to turn also, so you can almost do that strafe thing in the ghost? Possibly incorporate one control for the back wheel, and another to do the strafe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back