Gipsy Danger 10 Foot Tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone said yet.....

eYrca9f.jpg

SETBACK!!!
Yep time for another setback update :(. This time though it has nothing to do with Gipsy, but more of me. I know a few people have been wanting to see a video of me in Gipsy, but as of this past Monday I injured my foot....in my sleep....like a lame person. It's happened before, but never to this extreme. I think I ended up tearing something right above the arch of my foot, causing my whole left foot to tilt at a 30 degree angle. I've since gone to the chiropractor and had it put back in place, but I'm still in pain when I walk. Today it started to get better, so we'll have to see how I feel when it comes time to unveil Gipsy here next weekend. So I apologize to everyone who's been waiting, but the wait might have to be longer for the sake of not tearing my foot again.
So if not this upcoming weekend I do plan on getting into Gipsy on May 4th and I'll be sure to get video then.

No weathering at this time except for natural weathering from moving about. I do want to add some wear and tear eventually though, just need to get better at it first lol
I love the colors chozen. It's not as dull as it is in the films, but pops out in a retro Miami feel. I hope you get better, and you got to stop sleepwalking my man! Get well soon!

Sorry to hear about your foot........but the build is just AMAZING......Sorry I haven't been following up on it but better late than never.

UPDATE!!
Gipsy first outing was a big success! But with the success also comes a realization. The stilts ended up being very cumbersome and not very stable. Once I got up into the suit I didn't move my legs in fear of toppling over. Needless to say I'm debating whether or not it would be easier to just lock the legs completely in place and just have the upper half moveable while the bottom acts as a platform I can stand on. In reality, there's not many places I'd be able to walk in Gipsy anyways with the locations I plan on taking him to. While it's a step backwards in the pursuit of full mobility, it might serve as a step forward to being able to get in and out on my own. Getting into Gipsy this past time took the help of 5 people, 2 of which had to hold me in place so I wouldn't fall forward. This is something I definitely want to eliminate going forward.
CIMG6691.JPG
CIMG6694.JPG
57099106_10158510489449968_4975256494682406912_o.jpg
57390085_10158510490304968_8192234510314635264_o.jpg
56879242_3071604526186690_7900628135249444864_n.jpg

Lookin awesome!

I feel ya about the stilts (funnily enough I have the same type of lawn aerator shoes kicking around). Try adding a brace that goes up to just below your knee , maybe hinge it with some bungees for tension? (kinda like digigrade stilts do) Judd's shins end where mine do which does wonders for stability.

Sorry to hear about the issues, but man........this build is AWESOME!!!!!! The last pic is my favorite.

My favorite photo is the 4th one. I'm actually in the suit in that picture, but I can't even see myself no matter how hard I look. Means that my attempts to hide my body while in it worked out great!

So... just out of curiosity. About how much foam did you use? And the worst part; how much paper and tape XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back