Gipsy Danger 10 Foot Tall

xXDashIVXx

UPDATE!!
just realized that I haven't posted an update here in a while, my bad. Things are moving along nicely with Gipsy. Hands are attached, though I have to forgo the moving fingers for now as I'm running out of time to get this done for the upcoming convention. Elbow can still flex up and down and the fingers will instead be able to be posed for now. Also finished the helmet and started to paint her blue. I've gone through so much blue already and I haven't even really started yet lol. Hopefully this weekend I can get back to work on the legs as well.
View attachment 266779
ABOUT TIME! This is looking great and cant wait to see the whole thing!

PJgipsyFan

Hi man!
I'm trying to build a human size suit. You still have de pepakura files? Could you share?

Thanks a lot!

Benton188

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
UPDATE!!
Top half is done in terms of painting and assembly. Only things left are the center piece (aka Nuclear Reactor), lights, fans, and cameras. Not sure if I want to try and add the two pieces that wrap from behind the shoulders as they may interfere with my arm motion but I'll see about them later. Right now I've moved on to finishing the stilts and working on the leg pieces. Boots are painted and ready, shins just need attached and painted, but the thighs still need some serious work. All in all it's getting there. With 5 weeks left till the debut con, I think I've got plenty of time to get everything done..... famous last words.

Azimuth

Jr Member
UPDATE!!
Top half is done in terms of painting and assembly. Only things left are the center piece (aka Nuclear Reactor), lights, fans, and cameras. Not sure if I want to try and add the two pieces that wrap from behind the shoulders as they may interfere with my arm motion but I'll see about them later. Right now I've moved on to finishing the stilts and working on the leg pieces. Boots are painted and ready, shins just need attached and painted, but the thighs still need some serious work. All in all it's getting there. With 5 weeks left till the debut con, I think I've got plenty of time to get everything done..... famous last words.
View attachment 267368View attachment 267367
This looks incredible! Cannot wait to see this finished!

xXDashIVXx

Haha
UPDATE!!
View attachment 267368View attachment 267367
Haha! love the helmet!

I cant wait for the next update! This is looking AMAZING, but where is the cargo ship!?!?

PillarofAutumn

Jr Member
I keep being blown away with how awesome this is! Also, do you have those pep files? I'd love to do my own human-sized Gipsy someday

Benton188

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
Haha

Haha! love the helmet!

I cant wait for the next update! This is looking AMAZING, but where is the cargo ship!?!?
The cargo ship is still here, just needs sanded and painted. Wanted to get Gipsy done first since crunch time is coming up and getting everything done on her is more important. I should have it done pretty quick though.

Benton188

RMO
405th Regiment Officer
UPDATE!!

Alexa- play Legs by ZZ Top.
Gipsy lower legs are pretty much done, just need to add foam on the bottom of the foot for add traction and padding. Working on the thighs now, but they're currently kicking my butt as they don't want to hold their shape very well. Getting close to being fully painted and assembled for the first time. The hype is building!
55439595_1495086527294355_3939322219817074688_o.jpg

Dirtdives

RXO & Keeper of Con Lists
405th Regiment Officer
Community Staff
And they wonder where the legend of "Big Foot" comes from........Looks great Benton188. Your builds are just massive. I love it.

DefineLuck

This is amazing! If I ever had the space to do a mech suit, my DREAM cosplay would be wing zero from gundam wing. but this Pacific Rim suit is on point! Well done brotha