Gipsy Danger 10 Foot Tall

Status
Not open for further replies.
UPDATE!!
Arms are now being added. Range of motion with them seems pretty good so far. I'm able to lift them almost straight up, and I can bring them inward to meet each other. Forearms bend upward at the elbow like a natural arm would, but they don't rotate very well. Regardless, I have a decent amount of motion provided how big they are. Still working on chest opening properly, right now it kind of just bends the foam back a little at the top of the shoulders. Once the helmet is attached I don't know how well that'll keep working. For right now though I am working on getting the hands assembled and moving which'll take some time.
View attachment 264205 View attachment 264206
I love all those builds on the wall in the back, specially crotas sword. This build is sooo amazing and I want more!!! You are doing a fantastic job

So your arm mechanism is set up like your arms in the biceps, with a handle on the forearm to move them? (currently defrosting my smaller arms as I plan to install big ones)

Holy cow man!!! That's freakin' awesome!!:):)
So are you going to use drywall stilts for the legs or what??
I can't wait to see the final product!!!(y)
Great work!

So your arm mechanism is set up like your arms in the biceps, with a handle on the forearm to move them? (currently defrosting my smaller arms as I plan to install big ones)
The biceps are attached to Female Stud Rod Ends. I'm actually surprised I didn't include a picture of them yet, so here's what they look like. The forearms are attached at the back, and have some nylon straps in the front to allow them to flex up like a natural elbow joint.
50334661_2848280465185765_5677332658003116032_o.jpg

Holy cow man!!! That's freakin' awesome!!:):)
So are you going to use drywall stilts for the legs or what??
I can't wait to see the final product!!!(y)
Great work!

Yep I'll be using stilts, but homemade ones not drywall ones. Trying to design this thing so I can climb out and have it be a statue while I'm away. I have a picture of the stilts on here in an earlier update, but they still need more reinforcement before I can test them out.

Attachments

• 50334661_2848280465185765_5677332658003116032_o.jpg
    50334661_2848280465185765_5677332658003116032_o.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 385
Yep I'll be using stilts, but homemade ones not drywall ones. Trying to design this thing so I can climb out and have it be a statue while I'm away. I have a picture of the stilts on here in an earlier update, but they still need more reinforcement before I can test them out.

You could try using 4" diameter PVC rather than the smaller diameter PVC pipes since you're planning more of a stilt than a leg encasement. 4" PVC its pretty rigid even at the long lengths and you can drill holes for weight reduction if necessary. I've been meaning to try it but you know how builds go...
Been tempted to experiment with ball joints (3d printing 'em) but figured they were too upredictable for my weight management system (translation: bungees)

You could try using 4" diameter PVC rather than the smaller diameter PVC pipes since you're planning more of a stilt than a leg encasement. 4" PVC its pretty rigid even at the long lengths and you can drill holes for weight reduction if necessary. I've been meaning to try it but you know how builds go...
Been tempted to experiment with ball joints (3d printing 'em) but figured they were too upredictable for my weight management system (translation: bungees)

I've switched to using wooden stilts and not the pvc. Didn't want to run the risk on PVC with them being so tall.

Benton my friend. you are just awesome. I hope it is done for sci-fi. you crazy crazy guy you.

UPDATE!!
just realized that I haven't posted an update here in a while, my bad. Things are moving along nicely with Gipsy. Hands are attached, though I have to forgo the moving fingers for now as I'm running out of time to get this done for the upcoming convention. Elbow can still flex up and down and the fingers will instead be able to be posed for now. Also finished the helmet and started to paint her blue. I've gone through so much blue already and I haven't even really started yet lol. Hopefully this weekend I can get back to work on the legs as well.
53399771_1482088025260872_2934879985195810816_o.jpg

UPDATE!!
just realized that I haven't posted an update here in a while, my bad. Things are moving along nicely with Gipsy. Hands are attached, though I have to forgo the moving fingers for now as I'm running out of time to get this done for the upcoming convention. Elbow can still flex up and down and the fingers will instead be able to be posed for now. Also finished the helmet and started to paint her blue. I've gone through so much blue already and I haven't even really started yet lol. Hopefully this weekend I can get back to work on the legs as well.
View attachment 266779
ABOUT TIME! This is looking great and cant wait to see the whole thing!

Hi man!
I'm trying to build a human size suit. You still have de pepakura files? Could you share?

Thanks a lot!

UPDATE!!
Top half is done in terms of painting and assembly. Only things left are the center piece (aka Nuclear Reactor), lights, fans, and cameras. Not sure if I want to try and add the two pieces that wrap from behind the shoulders as they may interfere with my arm motion but I'll see about them later. Right now I've moved on to finishing the stilts and working on the leg pieces. Boots are painted and ready, shins just need attached and painted, but the thighs still need some serious work. All in all it's getting there. With 5 weeks left till the debut con, I think I've got plenty of time to get everything done..... famous last words.

UPDATE!!
Top half is done in terms of painting and assembly. Only things left are the center piece (aka Nuclear Reactor), lights, fans, and cameras. Not sure if I want to try and add the two pieces that wrap from behind the shoulders as they may interfere with my arm motion but I'll see about them later. Right now I've moved on to finishing the stilts and working on the leg pieces. Boots are painted and ready, shins just need attached and painted, but the thighs still need some serious work. All in all it's getting there. With 5 weeks left till the debut con, I think I've got plenty of time to get everything done..... famous last words.
View attachment 267368View attachment 267367
This looks incredible! Cannot wait to see this finished!

Haha
UPDATE!!
View attachment 267368View attachment 267367
Haha! love the helmet!

I cant wait for the next update! This is looking AMAZING, but where is the cargo ship!?!?

I keep being blown away with how awesome this is! Also, do you have those pep files? I'd love to do my own human-sized Gipsy someday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back