Girl Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, this may be pathetic, asking a halo armor froum for girl advice, but here goes.

So, ther's this girl in my school i like. She is in some of my classes. I try to talk to her and make her laugh, but it just doesnt work. I open my mouth and words dont come out. And when i do to talk to her, it seems she isnt listening or doesnt care. I havent told any of my friends because they will tell someone, then someone will tell someone to tell someone to tell her. And then my friend, he's a really bad liar. He tells me about his him having tons of girlfriends before he moved here. I cant tell if hes telling the truth. Anyway, i do know he talks to her a lot and she smiles and stuff. i know the dont go out cause he says "he has a girlfriend." its not her though. but, i dont dont get one thing. Hes a new kid and ive known this girl longer. How can HE just step in and sweep her away without me getting a chance? I know hes selfish. he only wants her because he just wants to make out with her. At age 12, i think thats kind of early to start that stuff. But, me, i really care about her. Arent you suppost to love someone because they love you and not for making out? I think so. Anyways, i want to be able to get her to like me. I want some advice.

Then there's this other girl i had a crush on the whole year. I think she may have known by how i acted around her. She's a nice person. When she found out it was my birthday the day before my birthday, she got up early to wrap my locker with wrapping paper with a few other friends for my b-day. It was very sweet of her. But this year it seems she has no interest in me at all. Its wierd. And her knowing i liked her ruined our chance of being at least friends.

For help to understand, do for first girl, say girl 1 and next girl say girl 2. Thanks and if you help me understand what happened about girl 2 and why you think she may not like me as afriend, please tell me.

Thank you.

-owner of a broken heart :cry: :mad:
And a lonely heart.

I'm sorry to hear that, I guess I'm the wrong guy to ask, bcecause girls dont like me at all. But just try talking to her, even just ask simple uestions like "how are you?" or "how do you like your classes?". I'm no expert, but if your friendly to someone, they will at least want to be your friend.

weird, i had the same problem... the girl i like, i used to be friends with... and now this year, its like she doesnt know me anymore

My advice? Tell someone, trust me... it helps. Also if she doesnt show interest in you, its probably not ment to be...

Cheers,
-John-

I'd give you advice, but then one of these people I know will come up to you and be like "No, don't listen to him."

His view of how I act is that I'm a complete ass to random girls and yet they still like me (Which is totally untrue, if I was a total ass to every girl I met, I would have maybe... three friends.) A general rule, obviously, is be nice. Beyond that, it's probably different for everyone.

And this is my Asian prude-ish side speaking, but if you're 12 like your friend, then I suggest you wait until at least high school (I'm 16 and hardly any luck yet, so don't worry about it :D )

It's been awhile since I've been in your shoes but I can tell you this much. As Adam put it "Step one to getting a girlfriend, Don't build Halo armor." lol

No but seriously, girl one seems not interested in you and your definitely too young to be discussing love. All girls at that age were always interested in the new guy at school and there's nothing you can really do about that. The only thing you can do is man up and be yourself. Talk to her with confidence and be yourself. If that doesn't work, think about it ... was it going to work out if you lied about what you really were like?

Girl 2 sounds like she likes you just as a friend, most girls this age aren't looking for boyfriends so I've heard OVER and over again from my three little sisters 11, 12, & 13. Be her friend, expect nothing more, ever. There are plenty of years ahead and plenty more girls. Don't rush it, more importantly be yourself.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
It's been awhile since I've been in your shoes but I can tell you this much. As Adam put it "Step one to getting a girlfriend, Don't build Halo armor." lol

No but seriously, girl one seems not interested in you and your definitely too young to be discussing love. All girls at that age were always interested in the new guy at school and there's nothing you can really do about that. The only thing you can do is man up and be yourself. Talk to her with confidence and be yourself. If that doesn't work, think about it ... was it going to work out if you lied about what you really were like?

Girl 2 sounds like she likes you just as a friend, most girls this age aren't looking for boyfriends so I've heard OVER and over again from my three little sisters 11, 12, & 13. Be her friend, expect nothing more, ever. There are plenty of years ahead and plenty more girls. Don't rush it, more importantly be yourself.

Cheers,
Kensai
i want to atleast be her friend its like shes a complete different person. did she hit her head in the deep end during summer and end up like this? i dont know. btw shes wnt out with a couple guys. so, i dont know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Girls are stupid, let me be the first tell you that (*gasp* a girl said that about girls). They play games with you, they ignore you to keep you hanging and they wait to see what they can get you to do. And once you ignore them, then they'll come chasing after you. And if you're 12... yeah, it's not even worth thinking about that crap right now. Girls are pretty stupid (in most cases) until they're 24. Most of us learn our lesson after we've had our hearts pounded into Heinz 57 sauce

And people change. I had friends I grew up with that all of a sudden, when we came back after the fall, after only 3 months, they all of a sudden got too cool to be my friends.

Just be yourself, guys that are asses, phsssssssssssst! Losers... girls like ot be respected. Not catered to, not treated like something caught in a drain, just respected. And if she can't see it, then oh well

So in short, girls are dumb, you are young, people in general change and are good, but sometimes dumb. Enjoy being a kid!

Skullcandy Girl said:
Girls are stupid, let me be the first tell you that (*gasp* a girl said that about girls). They play games with you, they ignore you to keep you hanging and they wait to see what they can get you to do. And once you ignore them, then they'll come chasing after you. And if you're 12... yeah, it's not even worth thinking about that crap right now. Girls are pretty stupid (in most cases) until they're 24. Most of us learn our lesson after we've had our hearts pounded into Heinz 57 sauce

And people change. I had friends I grew up with that all of a sudden, when we came back after the fall, after only 3 months, they all of a sudden got too cool to be my friends.

So in short, girls are dumb, you are young, people in general change and are good, but sometimes dumb. Enjoy being a kid!
Thanks SKG. Advice from a girl helps. thanks. My older brothers that are in their 20's say that they started in middle school so, i dont know.

Basically, what you should do is wait until:
A. You're in high school
B. You have a car and a driver's license.
C. You have a job or at least some way to get money.

Any sort of relationship (in my experience at least) won't really work that well until all three of those are met.

*curses my lack of a car*

Graverobber said:
i want to atleast be her friend its like shes a complete different person. did she hit her head in the deep end during summer and end up like this? i dont know. btw shes wnt out with a couple guys. so, i dont know.

Well from my understanding you already told her you liked her no? That changes things between people. Your going to have to talk to her and work things out. Plus your at a point where hormones among a billion other things are going on for both you and her, so yeah things do change. Best bet is talk to her face to face and try and be mature about it and hope she wants to fix things too. Beyond that there's nothing you can do my young padawan.

Cheers,
Kensai

kensai111 said:
Well from my understanding you already told her you liked her no? That changes things between people. Your going to have to talk to her and work things out. Plus your at a point where hormones among a billion other things are going on for both you and her, so yeah things do change. Best bet is talk to her face to face and try and be mature about it and hope she wants to fix things too. Beyond that there's nothing you can do my young padawan.

Cheers,
Kensai

it was kind of a rumor, but i dont know. she wrapped my locker after she heard, so ???????idont know. i think i say "i dont know" too much.

Like Bloodletter said, wait until you can drive and have a job. Trust me, i have had many girlfriends and they are expensive as hell. When you go out to eat, you pay, when you go to a movie, you pay, it goes on and on. And if you cannot drive, what are you going to do, have your mom take you to the movies? Trust me on this one, wait a couple years. Its ok to have crushes, but a relationship is a big deal. You make your own decision.

And as far as advice, if you want a girl to like you just be yourself when your around her, dont try to impress her, she'll just look at you like all the other guys. If you want to stand out just be yourself. If they really like you for who you are, then you'll know. Good luck with the ladies.
(y)

And by the way: I didnt even have my first girlfriend until 7th grade, and even that was a joke of a relationship.

If your friend hangs out and talks to the girl you like sometimes, then maybe hang with him, at the right time, crack the right joke, say the right thing, and she will listen. Then when she knows you're funny/smart, she'll pay more attention and listen to you.

But like everyone else says, wait till you drive and have a job, it's embarrassing to have mommy and daddy take you to the movies with your date in a mini van :p

AoBfrost said:
If your friend hangs out and talks to the girl you like sometimes, then maybe hang with him, at the right time, crack the right joke, say the right thing, and she will listen. Then when she knows you're funny/smart, she'll pay more attention and listen to you.

But like everyone else says, wait till you drive and have a job, it's embarrassing to have mommy and daddy take you to the movies with your date in a mini van :p

And again, having your own car is a plus (actually, a necessity) too, driving the minivan yourself isn't much different.

DavidFarris said:
Like Bloodletter said, wait until you can drive and have a job. Trust me, i have had many girlfriends and they are expensive as hell. When you go out to eat, you pay, when you go to a movie, you pay, it goes on and on. And if you cannot drive, what are you going to do, have your mom take you to the movies? Trust me on this one, wait a couple years. Its ok to have crushes, but a relationship is a big deal. You make your own decision.

And as far as advice, if you want a girl to like you just be yourself when your around her, dont try to impress her, she'll just look at you like all the other guys. If you want to stand out just be yourself. If they really like you for who you are, then you'll know. Good luck with the ladies.
(y)

And by the way: I didnt even have my first girlfriend until 7th grade, and even that was a joke of a relationship.

7th grade? heck, my first one was four months ago and that was a complete joke as well.

Quite literally, we were playing a prank on a guy who we knew liked the girl and it kinda evolved beyond where we meant for it to go. >.<

So, Graverobber, the only thing that's really been said is that you should just wait.

Bloodl3tt3r said:
I'd give you advice, but then one of these people I know will come up to you and be like "No, don't listen to him."

His view of how I act is that I'm a complete ass to random girls and yet they still like me (Which is totally untrue, if I was a total ass to every girl I met, I would have maybe... three friends.) A general rule, obviously, is be nice. Beyond that, it's probably different for everyone.

And this is my Asian prude-ish side speaking, but if you're 12 like your friend, then I suggest you wait until at least high school (I'm 16 and hardly any luck yet, so don't worry about it :D )
Im 16 too, and I have never had any exprience, so dont worry about it, I'm sure it will go your way sooner or later.

Overlord_Ian said:
Im 16 too, and I have never had any exprience, so dont worry about it, I'm sure it will go your way sooner or later.

Sooner (maybe two days, who knows?). As long as the asian parents thing doesn't get in the way. >.<

Lets see here, I'm 15, nothing yet.
I meant lets also see here, girl in sixth grade, we didn't talk.
8th grade, girl, didn't talk (too bad I now realized I still like her.)
Keep trying to talk to her, and she'll open up, if she sweeps you away, take it like nothing, as if she's playing hard to get (which in most cases may be true.)
So keep going man.
BUT, you may want to wait until you are atleast 14 years old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back