Going To Bungie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithica

Sr Member
The Soaring Hammer Team has decided to send some items to Bungie on behalf of Soaring Hammer and 405th. I am sendng my CQB of course. It is being finished as we speak. The wife and I will have it completely painted tonight. I am waitng for the visors to come in so I can double visor it. I am also wanting to do the inside nicely so if anyone has any tips it would great. Remember this is a big helmet.

Charlie (Privateer) is donated one of his concept Marine helmets of course painted by him.

Lee (Leekegan) is donating one of his amazing wooden M6Gs.

Joe (Newspartancreator) is donated some Plasma Grenades.

I am sure more will donate so they hopefully will post itmes and updates in this thread. So be on the lookout for updates and hopefully some good words from Bungie. We are looing at shipping by next Friday.

Here are some updated pics of the CQB from my phone so they are not that great.

CQB1.jpg

CQB2.jpg

CQB3.jpg

Ithica

I really like the motorcycle helmet liners - just remove the attachment "band" and you are good to go. They look "professional" and are designed to do exactly what you are using them for. Because they "cup" your head they do a good job of holding a decently balanced helmet on center. They can also be attached using velcro so that you can remove them for cleaning (a very good thing)...

Helmet Liner

godsarmor said:
give them your gamertag they will most then likely give you recon in the game

Yes, because naturally this is all some big stunt for Recon.

Ever figured out that this is just a way of saying 'thank you' to Bungie for giving us something to make a hobby from? Or even to promote the 405th and what we do to the larger community?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had been thinking about finishing a spiker and sending it to the guy / crew that designed it. I cant finish one before friday, maybe in 2 weeks I can get one done. I am ordering plastic today, so I should have it by Wed. Pass along the address to me if all goes well.

Dog Wizard that motorcycle padding in there looks great. Nice Idea, when I ever finish my Sean Bradley helm, I will use that idea. Thanks.

A funy but very true story. I do not have a gamertag. I do not game. I do not own a gaming system, not even one. I traded my systems back in December to a Member when I joined this Forum. I have played Halo 2 when I was on my 2nd tour in Iraq and Halo 3 on my 3rd tour but never played Halo 1 or Halo Wars. I never even played the online version so I had no clue about any other suits of armoe other than MC until I joined 405th....lol. I see this as an opportunity to show BUngie what Soaring Hammer and 405th can produce and the endless limits of ameture imagination. Who better to grade your work than the creators? We will see how it goes.

Ithica

Ithica said:
A funy but very true story. I do not have a gamertag. I do not game. I do not own a gaming system, not even one. I traded my systems back in December to a Member when I joined this Forum. I have played Halo 2 when I was on my 2nd tour in Iraq and Halo 3 on my 3rd tour but never played Halo 1 or Halo Wars. I never even played the online version so I had no clue about any other suits of armoe other than MC until I joined 405th....lol. I see this as an opportunity to show BUngie what Soaring Hammer and 405th can produce and the endless limits of ameture imagination. Who better to grade your work than the creators? We will see how it goes.

Ithica

is that the halo wars game i see in the background in your vids or just a image of it ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is an empty box I got from Gamestop for doing the promotional stuff during the release of Halo Wars.

Ithica

That CBQ looks great.
I'm glad to see all these great works being donated to Bungie.

Seriously, the amount of helpful/friendly members on this board astounds me.

What you guys are doing is great, and Crucible is right, It's not about getting something back.

(besides if I'm not mistaken, everyone will have the opportunity for Recon in Sept with the release of ODST, get out there and get those vid master achievements if you want to be ready)

Anyway, Ithica, Privateer, Leekegan, Newspartancreator.

Thank you guys!
I really appreciate what you guys are doing, because you actions reflect the 405th as a whole in a great light.

Keep it up!

-Techbot

That helm looks excellent Ithica. Kudos to you for wanting to give something back and show your appreciation. I think they'll love it.

Great Helmet! Great Idea! Great everything. The 405th and Soaring Hammer are incredible to me at the moment. I think this is a great idea and the donations in which are being sent are possible spectacular!

Much Kudos to you!

Chris Gold

Pretty sure we'll here what they have to say when they get it and show it off and talk about how awesome it is on Bungie Blog like NZ-TK.

man I wish I had something good enough to give bungie. Plus I am flying over to Washington soon because on July 3d to a cruise from Washington to Alaska. I could probably go down to Kirkland if I had something.

good luck with that! the cqb looks great. and about you not havign a gt or a system... kinda funny because you do all this kick as work but dont know to much about the game itself. good luck again :p

Can I send you a copy of my thesis on Halo as a Modern Interpretation of Myth to get pritned off and included in the package as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back