gonna start the chest piece now

Status
Not open for further replies.
got the chest done and now waiting for the helmet sean is making me and i was wondering i got the supplies but can you asure them first\

i got
Bondo body filler
gloves
eye wear
mask
faber glass resign
and three brushes
now i seach up some things and you guys were talking about the faberglass cloth wats that can i see some pics of how it looks like and do i have to use it because i already have faberglass resign

Jordan Roajs said:
got the chest done and now waiting for the helmet sean is making me and i was wondering i got the supplies but can you asure them first\

i got
Bondo body filler
gloves
eye wear
mask
faber glass resign
and three brushes
now i seach up some things and you guys were talking about the faberglass cloth wats that can i see some pics of how it looks like and do i have to use it because i already have faberglass resign

What resin are you supposed to use?... Is it fiberglass jelly resin? That's what the guy said on the phone for walmart...

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...rentPage=family
This is fiberglass cloth. The resin hardening within the fibers is what makes the armor hard and stiff. With just resin, it's flimsy. After you resin the inside and out, use fiberglass cloth on the INSIDE of whatever piece you're making.

Get Bondo Fiberglass Resin. It's in a green container with a white SUV pulling a boat.

DON'T get fiberglass resin jelly. I don't care what the guy at Wal-Mart said, most of the employees have no idea what they're talking about.

i got
Bondo body filler
gloves
eye wear
mask
faber glass resign
and three brushes everything i have it now

ok just to be safe the mask i bought is it ok its says it procets fromthinner particulates mists glue solvents paint and pesticide against

now wat should i do help please

Is there a difference between bondo-glass and body filler.
Other than the fiberglass being in one of them.
Are they used for the same uses?

BONDO IS A BRAND NAME, BONDO MAKES FIBERGLASS RESIN + BODY FILLER. resin is used with fiberglass(main method for harding crafts), body filler is a cream like substance that gets hard(detailing)

Bondo (Body Filler) does not add strength, it only adds weight and thickness.. It is used for filling gaps.

Bondo Glass is NOT fiberglass resin... the big clue here is that it says 'Short Strand Fiberglass Body Filler' on the can.
That stuff comes pre-mixed with fiberglass strands in it... and it's a real mess to work with... it's a bit like taffy, you really have to work with it to spread it over your forms.. About the only thing it's good for is reinforcing armor from the interior thats already been resined.

Polyester Resin is used with Fiberglass cloth in layers to create ultra-strong, lightweight reinforcement. It is a liquid form of resin that can very easily be brushed over your paper forms.

If you need instructions on how to do this Jordan, look here:
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2287
http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2234

Read these tutorials thoroughly, maybe you should print them and keep them with you while you are doing this too. We're not going to walk you through this step by step... it has been explained over and over again..

yes i know but is the iteams i bought a good step you know mask gloves and fiberglass cloth glasses brushes fiberglass body filler :mad: help idk wanna get cancer doing this

Jordan the tutorials have lists... you purchased the items on these lists and now you want to know if they're okay?

Yes, you bought the correct items. All you need now is to give it a try. Read the tutorials again to familiarize yourself with the process, and do a small scale test before you start sloshing resin around.

Question answered???

Thanks Sean but what I meant was if you look at the picture where he shows the body filler next to it is a product Bondo-Glass in a very similar can.

I have been using bondo-glass on my armor and it seems to be pretty much the same other than the color and its harder to sand (Im thinking because the fiberglass in it).

The reason I got it was I thought it was pretty much the same thing and its all that the store had.

So I know The difference between that and the resin so my question still stands, what is the difference?

Digital Demise said:
Thanks Sean but what I meant was if you look at the picture where he shows the body filler next to it is a product Bondo-Glass in a very similar can.
So I know The difference between that and the resin so my question still stands, what is the difference?

Sorry, I kinda glazed over that detail.

BONDO GLASS is NOT fiberglass resin... the big clue here is that it says 'Short Strand Fiberglass Body Filler' on the can.
That stuff comes pre-mixed with fiberglass strands in it... and it's a real mess to work with... it's a bit like taffy, you really have to work with it to spread it over your forms.. About the only thing it's good for is reinforcing armor from the interior thats already been resined.

So, no Jordan, you do NOT want to use that on your Pepakura stuff, it isn't going to spread on your paper forms... at all.

You need to buy Fiberglass or Polyester Resin... it's a liquid form that can be brushed over your paper forms.

Sorry for the confusion, I'll edit that post.

Bondo (Body Filler) does not add strength, it only adds weight and thickness.. It is used for filling gaps.

Bondo Glass is NOT fiberglass resin... the big clue here is that it says 'Short Strand Fiberglass Body Filler' on the can.

Polyester Resin is used with Fiberglass cloth in layers to create ultra-strong, lightweight reinforcement. It is a liquid form of resin that can very easily be brushed over your paper forms.

As I said before...

If you're following the tutorials you shouldn't have this many questions... they're very thorough.

ok so i will have to return the bondo glass and then get a new one can i use this one cause its the only one i can find in chitown

http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.j...+Resin&sr=1

Sean Bradley said:

As I said before...

If you're following the tutorials you shouldn't have this many questions... they're very thorough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back