Grunt statue w.i.p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tcgore678

So I built a grunt suit and a plasma pistol and grenade, but the suit was actually grunt-sized... So I plan to make a statue with the grunt in midthrow of an active plasma grenade. But what should I use for the skin that's cheap, and how much do you think a reasonable price for the statue would be if it turns out well? And if anybody has L.E.D experience could you tell me how I could make the grenade gloww?

I have an idea on what you can use for the skin is maybe rubber,but mine is probably not the best idea.As for the LED I don't think I can help you there.

For the texture of the skin you could use a cheap clay, after you make the skeleton that is a approximation of what it should look like, then you should cover the neccessary parts in clay, then carve out the texture of the skin. After it hardens, then paint it. after of course you make the armor, and run wiring inside of the skeleton into the plasma grenade to power the grenade.

Well you can also sculpt the body out of giant hunks of Styrofoam, and chisel in the details. The only real problem is paint/glue. Some paints and glue will eat the hell out of the foam...

Thanks for the idea guys:) Maybe build the base of the body out of styrofoam, and then cover that in a thin layer of clay to make the skin?

I like these ideas guys. Thanks:) For some reason I had the idea of finding one of those remote controlled toy robots and building the body over that in a way that would not restrict movement and then have a remote controlled life sized grunt! :D

ok this is what i would do use clear plastic with blue x mas lights or led wire or alot of blue leds but useing them will get u broke so cheap way is xmas lights or the led wire now glue clear plastic around a small pep of the grenade and use a small wire for a stand for the plasma. now for skin use clay or latex..or call me ask for kc ill throw u tons of help.. 269 323 9227 im on a wii posting right now and it sucks

ok this is what i would do use clear plastic with blue x mas lights or led wire or alot of blue leds but useing them will get u broke so cheap way is xmas lights or the led wire now glue clear plastic around a small pep of the grenade and use a small wire for a stand for the plasma. now for skin use clay or latex..or call me ask for kc ill throw u tons of help.. 269 323 9227 im on a wii posting right now and it sucks[/QU

I have to say not a bad idea..... good job!

I like these ideas guys. Thanks:) For some reason I had the idea of finding one of those remote controlled toy robots and building the body over that in a way that would not restrict movement and then have a remote controlled life sized grunt! :D
I don't know if they have 5' remote control robots for the mass market, but there is one of these:
isobot_camversion.jpg
They may be expensive ($150), but if you know where to shop you can get them for a good price. I got mine for $75 on amazon, and love it. Plus its in the guiness book of world records for the worlds smallest asimo-like humanoid robot. If you do make a skin for an RC toy robot, remember that if the skin material can't breathe, you can overheat the motors.

I don't know if they have 5' remote control robots for the mass market, but there is one of these:
isobot_camversion.jpg
They may be expensive ($150), but if you know where to shop you can get them for a good price. I got mine for $75 on amazon, and love it. Plus its in the guiness book of world records for the worlds smallest asimo-like humanoid robot. If you do make a skin for an RC toy robot, remember that if the skin material can't breathe, you can overheat the motors.

Well I could make latex skin, but poke thousands of tiny holes in it to breathe. And what would I search for on amazon to find that?

That would be so creepy but so awsome also lol, Interested to see this when its finished.

Im a little confused about the size of a grunt any indications of the size of them in real life and what size would you be making the model i thought it was gonna be life sized

Grunts are typically 4 1/2 feet tall, and that's how big i'm making it. So yes, it's life-sized. I originally wanted to make a costume for myself, but it was scaled to actual grunt proportions, so i'm making a grunt-sized grunt.

well grunts vary sizes, to 5"8 so a costume is still a possibility, just look at my progress, (im going to make the casts into a statue as well)

I like some of these ideas. The robot is not for me, but that's ok. I want to make a Grunt suit for my buddys birthday, September 16th (yikes) and I am going to ask my mom if she can get styrofoam and cut out his little grunty shape. Then I am going to Pep grunt armour (already have files for that) and make the suit on top of him. No pretty action poses or anything, no "latex skin", no clay exo, just spraypainted foam with Pepped, resined, painted armour. I hope to the gods I can do this in time, but if not, he won't mind it being alittle late. After all, he is OBSESSED with Unggoy! Thanks for these marvelous ideas. Anyways, guys, does anyone know where I can get a pattern to put on a block of foam? I just want a normal red Unggoy standing there, in no pose whatsoever. THANKS A CRAPTON!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back