Guilty Spark Balloon

Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloGoddess

Okay, now I have already been TRYING to research this stuff, but I am not finding what I want!

I tried to find a company that I could call and see how I would go about having them actually create a ballon that looked like guilty spark. Of course I would give them the info they need to make it, but I just can not find anything! D:

Then I started thinking about making my own, but at the same time, when I try to search for how to make a balloon, I get searches on how to make a weather balloon or how to make balloon animals.

After getting annoyed, I just started thinking about my own material that I could use to create a guilty spark shaped balloon. At first I thought about buying one of those perfectly round balloons that usually have a rubber band on it and then just paint it to look like guilty spark, but I thought it would be MUCH cooler to have it as the actual shape.

If I have to make it myself, then I want just ONE, but if I manage to find a company that I can commission to actually make it, then I will want a few. I want these balloons for my Halo themed wedding since both my fiance and I thought it would be really cool. The idea is to have a guilty spark balloon then using fishing line, tie one end to the balloon and the other end to a remote control vehicle, probably my RC Warthog and then on a hook of somesort, have the rings hanging on that. Since we are not going to have the traditional ring bearer, we thought that guilty spark could be like the ring bearer. :p

So, does anyone have ANY ideas on what I could use to make my own balloon and then fill with helium? Or, does someone know of a company that I can get in touch with?

I actually thought of using something like seran wrap to make a balloon since it seems light enough, but I don't know what I would use to hold it together, but I figured it would be light enough to float once filled with helium. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate to burden you but if someone pepped the monitor file and just resined it and closed all the holes helium would make it float possibly. if not alimunum foil skin and cardboard support frame.... just throwing that out there... btw i still am crunching numbers but i think its possible to attend.

If you could manage to come across some of the foil material they use to make balloons in sheet form then you could use the monitor pep file as a template for your parts to cut out with some small tubes of the same material connecting the parts so that it would allow you to inflate all the parts at once and it would hold the parts where they should be when you inflate it.

It could become quite a pain though but that's the only way I can think of doing it easily.

or, or, ooorr, you could learn how to make the balloon animals and fashion some of those long balloons into guilty spark.

Im thinking the mylar idea is best.(the foilish stuf that most ballons are made of)

You might want to see if you can find someone willing to fashion them for you.

Ill see if i can find anyone.

Wtfmfkr said:
If you could manage to come across some of the foil material they use to make balloons in sheet form then you could use the monitor pep file as a template for your parts to cut out with some small tubes of the same material connecting the parts so that it would allow you to inflate all the parts at once and it would hold the parts where they should be when you inflate it.

It could become quite a pain though but that's the only way I can think of doing it easily.

I was sort of thinking of something along those lines, but I don't even know the correct name for that stuff. I was already thinking about using the pep file as a template. There is NO way that I am just going to eye ball it and just take a guess as to what I am supposed to do. :p

guilty said:
or you could just pep it (with paper and no resin )and put a ballon inside while you peping it

I thought of that too, but at the same time I was thinking that it might be too heavy for a balloon to hold it up. It usually doesn't take much to hold a balloon down and with the size of guilty spark, I'm not sure it would really float.

A_Guardian said:
Im thinking the mylar idea is best.(the foilish stuf that most ballons are made of)

You might want to see if you can find someone willing to fashion them for you.

Ill see if i can find anyone.

If you can find someone of something, that would be awesome! :D I had the hardest time trying to find a company to contact and look into having them custom make a balloon shape. XD haha

you can always make Latex Balloons of each piece. This involves creating a sculpted piece the same way you normally would. Then adding a "Base" to the objects where you would put the blow up taps. Remember that this part is critical do to the fact that not only would this be used to inflate the pieces but probably to connect the parts as well. The valves must be wide enough to remove the entire balloon from the model as well (latex will stretch a great deal, but it's not infinite). After this the balloon making becomes relatively easy, yet time consuming. First you will need to add coloring to your latex. Then you will dip each piece (now called your ballooning mold) into the latex, pull it out the heat in your oven at 150 degrees f. when the latex is dry (about 10-15 mins) repeat this process. Repeat about 25-30 times depending on size of object. This repeated heating, and cooling will vulcanize the latex rubber, and create your balloon. Before removing the balloon coat the outside with baby powder (to help it not stick to itself). After this you can paint the details on the balloon with a latex based paint. And like magic you too can have a floating Monitor at your very side.

For added effects wire up and led for the center eye. Add about 10 ft of wire to the led and tape it to the eye of your (Mold). the dunk your piece. after the ballooning process is complete you will have an embedded led in the eye. This can be turned on my simply adding a small handle, with switch and 9v battery to the end of the wire. The wire will also serve as a nice string for your completed balloon (with a built in weight at the end)

This sounds like a fun project, I may have to give it a shot also ;p

BenStreeper said:
you can always make Latex Balloons of each piece. This involves creating a sculpted piece the same way you normally would. Then adding a "Base" to the objects where you would put the blow up taps. Remember that this part is critical do to the fact that not only would this be used to inflate the pieces but probably to connect the parts as well. The valves must be wide enough to remove the entire balloon from the model as well (latex will stretch a great deal, but it's not infinite). After this the balloon making becomes relatively easy, yet time consuming. First you will need to add coloring to your latex. Then you will dip each piece (now called your ballooning mold) into the latex, pull it out the heat in your oven at 150 degrees f. when the latex is dry (about 10-15 mins) repeat this process. Repeat about 25-30 times depending on size of object. This repeated heating, and cooling will vulcanize the latex rubber, and create your balloon. Before removing the balloon coat the outside with baby powder (to help it not stick to itself). After this you can paint the details on the balloon with a latex based paint. And like magic you too can have a floating Monitor at your very side.

For added effects wire up and led for the center eye. Add about 10 ft of wire to the led and tape it to the eye of your (Mold). the dunk your piece. after the ballooning process is complete you will have an embedded led in the eye. This can be turned on my simply adding a small handle, with switch and 9v battery to the end of the wire. The wire will also serve as a nice string for your completed balloon (with a built in weight at the end)

This sounds like a fun project, I may have to give it a shot also ;p

You have now won the internets.

[attachment=16281:Awesome1.jpg]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back