Gundam Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many Gundam 0079 Abridged for my liking. I did enjoy 08th MS abridged, though.

In other news, I just finished painting the GM Sniper in its base colors. Also, this gunmetal looks surprisingly better than I thought on the beam sniper that I thought, though in hindsight, I should have painted the power conduit port in the German Grey I used for the joints. Now, for final assembly, detailing, weathering, and sealant coats. Then, I begin work on the diorama.

Oh, and, amazingly, though I had to use 2 cans of Olive Drab, the colors are almost completely identical.

Well, I've hit a snag that'll delay me a bit. The flat coat I'd planned to use to seal the paint enough to not come out weird once panel lined is a bit... Weird. So, I'm gonna have to use a more time-intensive panel lining method, before I can topcoat, and I also noted some pieces needed respraying in their intended colors, so I've got a few sitting outside, drying.

In any case, my phone, my only camera, is being an *******, and grandma vehemently refuses to switch from MetroPCS to the (CHEAPER) Virgin Mobile service I keep suggesting, and Metro doesn't know the first thing about customer service. So, since my phone sucks, I can't put my pictures up. Thank Samsung's low-end design team and MetroPCS.

Update: The alcohol I use to clean up my panel lines is eating my spray enamels, as well, which makes no sense, so several parts have to be resprayed, and I don't have enough German Grey to redo the backpack. It looks like I'll also have to import some Gundam markers to make up for the panel line issue (I refuse to use a pen or a pencil >.>). All in all, the project's on hold again, and I'm too broke at this stage to make the deadline for the contest. (It's a month away; it takes 2 weeks to ship from Japan)

Screw the forum rules, **** my life.

Just a quick question. Do any of you check your models under a black light before painting them? Yesterday I was checking my old 1/100 Gundam Wing models with the clear green accent parts, and while they glow really well. I also noticed that with the black light close enough all the black pieces on my Deathscythe Turn orange.
So Just wondering if anyone else has done this and came across anything odd like this.
(also if you want I will try and get some pics of it.)

The clear green parts are made of a UV-reflective plastic. The same thing happens to clear green Legos.

Most Gunpla parts don't reflect UV very well.

In other news, I've packed up the GM Sniper, indefinitely, until I can afford it.

A good panel lining pen would be a grey Sharpie Fine point, Damp not wet papertowel can clear up the runoff nicely. Just an Idea. Look around your house for one.

I don't have one, and my prior experiences with Sharpie markers remind me that the ink dries with this weird luster I'm willing to wait on cash for gundam markers for.

I'm starting to sound like an arrogant -blam!- but, not in my experience, they don't, and, well, they don't accomplish the look I'm going for. In any case, I'm willing to wait until funding comes in to finish this.

If I'm gonna pay that much for a line detailing tool, I'm just gonna buy gundam markers with my next order. They won't end up adding to shipping, and they're $2 a pop. Come on, man.

I've seen 4-5pc packs in craft stores and they're .50-.99 cents, Just lookin out for ya. I use them for Powder burns and mechanical parts

hello im new here and i was wondering if someone could help me out. i wanted to dress up this year for anicon in NY and i wanted to go as deathscythe. but i wanted to make the costume from scratch and i need help. anicon's in october so i have from now til october8th. any help would be really appreciated.

Well,
Welcome to the 405th!
Have you read the the Costuming Stickies?
What in lines of help do you need? Reference Images? Material Ideas?

thx! well i havent got a chance to check out the site fully yet, but i need material ideas and if u know where i could get some good reference pics for deathscythe. its my first time making a costume and i dont want it to look like crap. any help is cool. also where do i find the costume stickies.

Check out the Armor Building section. I used the Pepakura method, so check that subsection for the related stickies. Jester's using a fairly new method to make his armor. I don't know how he does it, or where any info on his is, being as I haven't visited the Armor section in months. Even still, I must say, his armor looks no less than amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back