Gundam Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some nice older kits from a decent series.
932010015.jpg

Eh, I dunno, I didn't like Wing. (And I would have liked a Shortducks)

To me, the only good AU series is X. SEED was SEED and Wing was whiny emofags. And 00 was Wing2.0 (And I don't mean the awesome MG kit coming soon)

Out of Wing I only like the suits, not the pilots. Nor the Story.
I have the Deathscythe KA, Wing 2.0 should be released already.

Honestly, I don't even like the mobile suits. UC all the way, but if I have to pick another series' suits, it'd be X, or, honestly, SEED, because they had some cool mecha designs.

I always liked the SEED GUNDAMs better because they always seemed the most believable/plausible (for a 20m tall mech). I guess that's why I've always like SEED (and 00 too I guess) better. IMO, all of the Gundam series I've seen follow the exact same plot pattern anyway lol

There are 5 plotlines to a Gundam anime (Full anime, not OVA. Those vary)
Gundam 0079 (SEED)
Zeta Gundam (SEED Destiny)
ZZ Gundam
Gundam Wing (00)
Gundam X
(G Gundam can not be assumed to have a plot)

If you ask me, the SEED MS are horribly, ridiculously unrealistic. The most realistic/believable/plausible mobile suits are those in Gundam: the 08th MS Team. Watch it, and you'll understand exactly what I'm saying.

I HATE, HATE 00 and SEED is hardly better.

Basically, it goes:
Zeta > Gundam 0079 > ZZ Gundam > Gundam X > Gundam Wing > Gundam SEED > Gundam SEED Destiny > 00

G Gundam cannot be assumed to have continuity. Also, Turn A more or less equals EVERYTHING, SIMULTANEOUSLY. And Victory for the lose, guys.

I like the Art of 00, and the way they showed gravity effecting the suits.

I would like to see the UC Era get a redrawn treatment from the 00 crew.

Don't understand why you put Zeta ahead of 79?....Gundam x was an off branch into it's own universe and storyline. Only difference with X and UC Era, was that both sides full Militaries were esentially wiped out and Stranded and crashed MS were used by Mercs and people who found them and threw them back together. GX was Buried underground and found by mistake.

Imo: GX can only really be compared to ZZ series. Just my opinion.

And G Gundam and the Gundam Fights. That Storyline was based as a "What If?" storyline.
What if instead of a war, the governments of both space and the countries of earth decided to hold a Competition instead of an all out War.

I would like to see a G Gundam game on the Xbox K-nect.

Seed design were nice. I like the retro look given to some of the Redesigns, kinda like how Ford Redid the Thunderbird.
But it's storyline was completely in everyway UC0079 Following Amuro's story. Only diff is there are more than 1 Gundam.

Victory and V Gundam were along the UC Era and about 40 or 50 or more years after the First Gundam Storyline.

Now, the new OVA series that is hitting like a thunderstorm, Unicorn, Is Fantastic. It's UC era and Right at the Turn of the new Century for them.

00 and Wing Have nothing in Common besides the Mass destruction of many Fodder suits. There was no Coupe of the Gov't, 00 fought to end war, not like in Wing where they just attacked Oz installation and the suits were damn near indestructible. And in 00 There aren't Even Colonies in Space like other series, instead they have Orbital Elevators.

In 00, the suits were completely destructible, they just had to be hit right. And the Solar Furnaces in 00 were Anti Gravity and power Generators rolled into 1, kinda fitting being 500 yrs into the future and all. Oh and in 00, they defended themselves, they did not attack indiscreminently, They merely warned, and if the warning was not heeded, they attacked.

Wing; those boys were downright killing machines in a respective MS.

To each his own though. But please, don't out right say you Hate a Gundam series just because it brought something new to the table. Explore it, you don't have to accept it.

I know all about what and why, I'm saying, in terms of best story, it follows that path.

Wing and 00 are alike in that it's a small group of terrorists who use their indestructible mobile suits to bring about massive political instability and force change upon the people. Plus, the Gundam Kai swap halfway through. (And Heero and Setsuna are emotionless -blam!-s) I don't hate them because they're new, or DIFFERENT storylines, but because they're just poorly-written and have shallower plotlines than I like.

SEED is like Gundam 0079, but with too much talk and beamspam. If Kira was a little less perfect and I saw more use of bullets, and, well, less talky, more shoot Char Clone, I'd have liked it a lot better.

00's all about indestructible plot armor. Not only are they made of the series' Gundanium, but they have magic particle shields and all their weapons run on magic particles. Plus, Char Mode. (And they named it after a lame Pontiac?) I can only think of twice a Gundam gets damaged: Exia gets raped and Dynames gets La Flaga'd. Further, I don't recall any effect gravity had on mobile suits. As I recall, they spat ANTI-gravity to explain why they don't gravity.

What I'm saying is Zeta Gundam had the best story and execution, followed by the original. After that, you have ZZ Gundam which carries Zeta's loose ends to their knots, Gundam X which has the best AU storyline, Wing, which had enough fighting and character depth to be somewhat watchable, SEED, which needed a lot of refinement, but had a good concept, Destiny, which got its plot tangled on itself when people didn't like Shinn, and 00 bottoms out the list of conventional Gundam anime.

Victory was all kinds of trying to be a good story, but Tomino was in a weird state when he wrote it, so it's awkward. It's lame in some respects, but it's awesome in others, and it's hard for me to compare it to anything besides F91, honestly.

G Gundam didn't have a conventional storyline, but seemed to focus more on the fire-of-a-man's-soul thing, and to me, is more a Super Robot anime instead of a Real Robot anime, and I can't compare it to the rest of the stories.

Turn A Gundam is caught between pure epic and plot reconciliation. As such, it isn't any ONE series, but ALL of them, and is beyond comparison. (Unless you boil all of the plots down to their purest, in which case, I still prefer Zeta)

Personally, I think the 00 animation crew can suck it; Unicorn's manages to look even BETTER. I really have to applaud them, though. They haven't used CGI for any mobile suit in a syndicated series, yet. (That is, to say, Archangel, Minerva, MS Igloo*, and Gundam Evolve don't count because they're not MS or cohesive series, respectively. *I couldn't figure out how MS Igloo connected to itself in all 3 parts. If you can explain that, I'll pull that statement) All digital cel-shading. Better'n Macross can say.

Ow! My Brain hurts!

Never really gave it much thought, that possibly out there, someone knew more about Gundam than myself.

When I obsess over something, I OBSESS. I like knowing things, so I like to learn anything and everything I can about whatever subject interests me at the time.

In other news, the local Hobbytown's having a model kit contest on the 16th of April. I think I've come up with the diorama I want. :)

GM Sniper, kneeling in front of a line of trees, over a blasted railroad, aiming the Beam Sniper outwards. Thinking of having a railroad car tipped over next to it, and a tree by the blast crater knocked over. I'll apply appropriate weathering. Any thoughts?

Decals? Psh. I'm just gonna weather this guy a bit and blast the track. The hard part, I think, is gonna be arranging the damaged track in a realistic and believable fashion.

Look up and see if you can find photos of railroads being hit with mortar rounds in ww2 and Korea, those might get you some good hits.

See, I was thinking of doing that, and there's a diorama of a railroad cannon at the local Hobbytown that has some blasting on the track. I'm thinking of using HO gauge, because 1:87 isn't that far from 1:100. (And I always prefer Gundams to look a bit smaller, compared to real life stuff)

Hm... Why not take one of your completed mg's to Hbt and size up the test tracks to see what fits and looks the best. Make sure to tak e a pilot figure from the kits with you too.

I looked at the HO track, and it looks to be a great scale for this. It's not quite as wide as the length of the GM's foot, so that's pretty good. My main thing's gonna be the trees, really. Thinking Woodland Scenics 4-6" Pine armatures with Burnt Grass foliage. That'll give me mostly as tall as the kneeling GM, which should work. Another concern, is how big and how to go about cratering the track, where I want a blast of some sort to have hit it.

Well Here I am again. Here are a few pics of a couple models I just finished. now back to work on the Red frame.
Picture014.jpg
Picture015.jpg

Picture013.jpg

I'll put some more up on Photobucket when I finish painting the inside of the GM's beam spray gun.
Also have any of you seen Gutted wren studio abridged version of the original gundam series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back