H3 Chief Armor - Build Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw your paint job over on Tubo's thread, so rather than derail THAT one, I thought I'd share my thoughts on THIS one:

View attachment 272564

There Is a God who loves us and wants us to be happy. How do I know this? ExCeLLuR8 finally painted his torso piece!!!!!!
Bahahahaha

It's about time you got some paint pictures posted!
Hahahaha that is to funny!! Yeah I didn't mean to derail his thread. But yeah I'm far from done. Just imagine the weathering from the fore arm piece and hand plates on the whole suit. I can't wait to have it finished for you all to see, it's going to be everything i hoped for and more. Still got a long ways to go even on this torso. Hoping to start black washes on some pieces tonight. It hasnt even begun to "pop" yet. Painting pieces on the helmet now.

20190626_162527.jpg20190626_162855.jpg20190620_195257.jpg20190620_195337.jpg15615842437958100757761048854977.jpg20190626_162855.jpg15615846612102365142185559640851.jpg

Psssh, it's only fair.

Are you using oil based paints for the recesses?
Yup I'm using black oil paints in the crevasses to simulate charring and grime. Also Im really digging a brown watery wash over the whole piece after the black paints and letting it dry on there totally. Really pops the green tones to look more olive plus it kinda adds a dirt build up over the black charring to look like chief got dirty after jumping through atmosphere

More progress!! So much work! Finished black washes today and tarting crevasse charring with oil paints now. Forearm and shoulder piece done with that so far. Will get everything charred and will do a brown wash that really makes it pop olive tones!

View attachment 272871
So, when you gonna put it on for us?

Yeah I'm afraid so. So much work I'm hoping to have it completely done by then. We'll see, one way or another I'll get there, and yes, hand over sniper rifle to the chief marine!
If there is no option to hold x (I dont know what button layouts you guys use si this is x to pickup weapon), then you can always beat him down... noone will even bat an eye... :whistle:

Unless you get greedy and they all start dropping...

this is a beauty.
GAME
ACCURATE
BEAUTY!!
Thank you!! I will admit, I've been comparing various real world lighting of how my armor color compares to how chief's armor looks in different light in the game, it's pretty spot on. I don't know if it's even possible to get any closer in the real world. In low light he is a more charred black/grey olive color in halo 3, but then in bright sunlight he's a much brighter green. Honestly the pics don't do justice, looks better in person. I'm humbled and stoked to have gotten this close

20190702_145443.jpg

Haha thank you!! And I apologize.. I post alot on here. Probably to much but I do it in Hope's to inspire others and to keep myself motivated. Plus I just enjoy talking to you all, my thread is a chat thread. Haha
Well you've definitely made me want to build another suit. Not that it was hard, I was already planning on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back