H4 Spartan Laser Barrel

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTAB01

Hey guys, I’ve been working on a H4 SpLaser for my prop to be used in-place of my airsoft gun replica that I’ve been using, I plan on making a sniper rifle from one of the halo games after this prop is finished, but one step at a time. However, I’m havign problems making a nice barrel for the prop, I don’t want to use PVC as it looks too simple, but I’m having problems finding a 3D print file that I can use for the laser, as I need to have a hollow inside so I can fit in a small cluster of LEDs and allow it so the very front of the barrel is removable. And can be popped on and off. This is so that I can easily install the LEDs and place some acrylic behind the “opening” in the barrel that will catch some light from the LEDs and cause a slight “glow” to the front. I’ll also be making a small post of my suit that will contain my current prop. Thanks!
5E9AE8FA-4ECC-466E-B56B-7BCD3A4CB298.png

70DD44A5-D97B-4121-8C3C-09F1FDEC9EA3.png

Attachments

• 7820F974-C97F-456F-AA1F-B2596BD5F989.jpeg
    7820F974-C97F-456F-AA1F-B2596BD5F989.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 192
  • A97F8F7C-D9DB-413F-AD0A-204F53F0C7CE.jpeg
    A97F8F7C-D9DB-413F-AD0A-204F53F0C7CE.jpeg
    587.5 KB · Views: 178
If you go to Home Depot, Lowe's, or whoever your local hardware store is, you can get various sizes of metal pipe. Get one with a threaded end, and find an attachment you like to screw on and off. There are a ton of varieties out there and they're usually decently cheap, so I would recommend something along those lines.

Alternatively you can use PVC pipe in the following manner:

Take a very thin PVC diameter and another that slides snug over that one. Cut the inner one long so it pokes out one end, and fashion the muzzle of your Splaser from the thick pipe to fit in the enf that pokes out. ...I dunno if I'm explaining this very well... lemme try to draw a thing, hang on...

K, here we go, hope it makes sense. I'm sorry the picture is dark. Let me know if you can't read it.

Attachments

• 15516771550019007104253122311091.jpg
    15516771550019007104253122311091.jpg
    939.3 KB · Views: 172
If you go to Home Depot, Lowe's, or whoever your local hardware store is, you can get various sizes of metal pipe. Get one with a threaded end, and find an attachment you like to screw on and off. There are a ton of varieties out there and they're usually decently cheap, so I would recommend something along those lines.

Alternatively you can use PVC pipe in the following manner:

Take a very thin PVC diameter and another that slides snug over that one. Cut the inner one long so it pokes out one end, and fashion the muzzle of your Splaser from the thick pipe to fit in the enf that pokes out. ...I dunno if I'm explaining this very well... lemme try to draw a thing, hang on...

K, here we go, hope it makes sense. I'm sorry the picture is dark. Let me know if you can't read it.
Thanks mate! This actually would be almost perfect for what I was looking for. I might (might) even be able to convince my shop teacher to allow me to use our lathe to put some extra detail on the pvc, as long as I don’t make it too deep. (I didn’t think about that until just now). Also, VERY nice drawing/sketchwork. Wish mine was just an eighth as good as that. Thanks mate!

No problem. Let me know how it goes, I'm interested to see the thing finished.

Is your H4/H5 Mjolnir suit foam?

Just saw your thread. Your splaser is coming along nicely. For the barrel I mounted mine up to spin slowly in a drill press and used files to cut in grooves. It took forever as mine is all aluminum, but I'm happy with the result. I used the drill press to cut in dimples (shallow drill holes) and other details. For the red light, I used an LED tailight bulb. That does require close to 12 volts to run though.

I'm on the road so I don't have a better pic. If you need, I can get you better pictures of my barrel design. Unfortunately, Imgur canned most of the photos on my build thread.

Happy to help with other details as well.

Redshirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back