- Hall of Honor - Post Pics of your finished armor/weapons

Just finished my first set of armor.
c42hdZ2.jpg
QdQs9MP.jpg
RMrtDFi.jpg

@asiathat looks soooooo good! The paint scheme is great, and it is a little too clean for my taste, but that is amazing! May need to upgrade the size of that needler though... :b

Well I cant think of a better way to add my finished Halo 3 Master Chief armor to the Completed Thread!
Just finished volunteering and debuting my armor at the Philly Halo Outpost Discovery. Wow what a fun time, it's hard to find words to describe the experience! Got to finally meet alot of great 405th members in person and I'm just amazed at great everyone was, incredibly nice and talented people!
I also took part in the cosplay contest and was awarded 1st place best in show! It was such an honor to be awarded this and I still cant believe it's real! So many people I have to thank for their support but my post would take up 30 more pages of this thread! Thank you everyone who supported me during this build on here! I have alot more plans for my Halo 3 armor!

Screenshot_20190722-112753_Gallery.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0128.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0182.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0332.jpgScreenshot_20190721-203750_Gallery.jpg20190720_184221.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0200.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0326.jpgFB_IMG_1563905391899.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0080.jpgIMG-20190720-WA0234.jpgFB_IMG_1563933562895.jpgFB_IMG_1563929376784.jpgFB_IMG_1563933565571.jpgFB_IMG_1563929344277.jpgFB_IMG_1563929421981.jpgFB_IMG_1563929366424.jpg

Last edited:
Will it's about time.

Congratulations on the best in show, man. The amount of work and time you poured into this, you certainly deserve it! Looking at the statue they have up and comparing it to your suit, they are identical.

Awesome job, man, awesome job. I'm proud of you.

Will it's about time.

Congratulations on the best in show, man. The amount of work and time you poured into this, you certainly deserve it! Looking at the statue they have up and comparing it to your suit, they are identical.

Awesome job, man, awesome job. I'm proud of you.
Thanks man you have been there from the start and such an amazing supporter!

Last edited:
My first build, a Bradley ODST Kit.

Armor was obviously trimmed, then reinforced with a Bondo/Fiberglass Resin mix and Fiberglass cloth. I used an automotive primer for the base, then a Krylon Metallic Dark Metal for the top coat. I used a Krylon matte dark ink blue for the accents and matte white. I used a rifle vietnam tiger stripe sticker stencil set for the thighs and wrists, a Buck sticker stencil for the chest and "warbird" sticker stencil for the helmet. The UNSC emblem is a vinyl transfer sticker. And the UNSC text was done with a custom stencil using the "Denmark" font.

The legs were held together with two elastic bands each, top being 2" and bottom 1". These also held pouches, one featuring my "tactical scream at own ass" patch. I have a single AR mag pouch on the chest that held the power bank for my helmet fans. I also had 3 spent shotgun shells on my right wrist.

Underneath is just a black compression pants/shirt combo, a tactical vest and belt. And mechanix fingerless gloves!

Beyond helping me learn about pop riveting, I also learned to sew for this project!

Had help assembling from my dad, did it in about 5 weeks or so. Stayed up until 4 AM after the first night of Outpost Discovery Chicago re-sewing the shoulder straps only to wake up at 8 AM to head back to it. Overall, wearing this for all 3 days of Outpost Chicago was tiring but super fun.

I'm still going to be building on this over time, namely some added wear detail through dry brushing and some additional pouches that I can actually use. I'd also like to look into a dust/mud/snow look on the legs, saw a fellow ODST in the Chicago Outpost cosplay contest who did that and loved it!

Overall, I'm extremely happy with this. I look forward to expanding on this armor and attending more cons in the future!
20190804_143155.jpg
20190804_152327.jpg
20190804_152021.jpg

20190804_150647.jpg

It was absolutely awful. I could only see out of the eyes and the rest is solid foam. Originally I was trying to vacuum form the visor but it went terribly and I had to come up with something quick. Emile helmet 2.0 will be on its way
can only see out of the eyes?!?!! what is the material for the eye holes then because the blending is perfect! I would never have thought there was more than one material there. I love the lego emile too...

can only see out of the eyes?!?!! what is the material for the eye holes then because the blending is perfect! I would never have thought there was more than one material there. I love the lego emile too...

Haha thanks! The material for the eyes is PETG plastic. I had enough to salvage from the failed vacuum forming attempt so I tinted it with mirror effect gold spray. I used very thin coats to cover it just enough so I can still somewhat see through it. However once I put on the helmet they fogged up anyway so it was not a very effective helmet overall. But at least it looks decent

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back