Props Halo 1 Flood Spore

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is some seriously nice work! I didn't notice any molding/casting pics... you're not painting directly on the sculpt, are you?

That's just a quick photoshop of what it might look like after it's done. I'm still working on the mold for this critter, but I should have it done by week's end.

I did a couple casts of this guy in flexfoam and I'm not at all impressed with the surface finish I'm getting so I'm going to redo the mold.

-Pull a resin cast, mold in ultracal, then use the stone mold to skin in latex and then backfill with foam for support. It should give much better results and be easier to paint.

5587372852_23acdde746_z.jpg

5587373552_b175b4a5a3_z.jpg

5587371916_521e22dc1e_z.jpg

so you have me wishing i could somehow follow in your footsteps and do something like this on my own. but its beyond me.

this is awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
While waiting for the Apoxie Sculpt to cure on the Mass helmet, the Flood Spore got spikes! I always wondered why a little sac of goo damaged your shields so much when they 'sploded. I really figured I'd be done with this project by now, but I've been forced to make yet another mold of it to do proper latex cast pulls.

I really don't post up here often, but if yall want to follow this project check out my facebook - http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Jarman-Props/112460695489733

5614224605_2a87413eb0_b.jpg

I can't believe I missed this!!! That is too cool! I want one! :D hehe That would look cool as a statue with the rest of my Halo collection!

Now you just need to have an automatic system that catapults these at your friends when you open the door for them :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back