Halo 2A/HW2 Marine Cosplay build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cam4kstudios

Heyo back with another project here on the 405th. Some of you may recognize me from an earlier project where I was making a black dagger ODST entirely out of cardboard. Was super proud of that but I ended up not finishing it because our crew decided to change the theme of our short film project entirely and it's not even Halo related. That being said, now that I have some time to myself I really get the chance to make something for me! I was reading over lots of the suggestions in my previous project and I did some more research into making prop armor. This will definitely be my first fully fledged prop suit and I want to make it as accurate as possible. I ultimately couldn't decided between a Halo Reach marine or a Halo 2 Marine. Then out of pure coincidence my music playlist running in the background played the "i know you song" from the HW2 Cinematic trailer, and I remembered the bad ass looking gritty marines from the Halo Wars series. after doing some research I found out there just retextured Halo 2 Anniversary Marines so my decision was made. I ordered some heavy duty foam pads in matt black and when they came in the mail I got to work. After some planning and finding some good reference photos I honestly couldn't find any Halo 2 Marine models just Halo 3 prop suits and models online so I had no idea how to measure this so once I again I made my own measurements and eyeballed it with my fingers crossed. since the foam matts were so thick I ended up cutting diagonal edges in the sides to make everything slide together without being to blocky but remaining thick and heavy duty. I placed an order for thinner foam to do the detailing but for now I was able to get the basic shape of the chest plate and shoulder pads finished. I used Super glue, Hot glue, and a bit of cardboard and a Staple gun to make everything solid and fairly sturdy, the superglue once pressed and dry had just the right amount of flexibility and it all came together beautifully please let me know if you can find any decent halo 2 models as I made this entirely off concept and in game screen shots. Also let me know if you have any tips or tricks for making this and I'll see you guys soon!
IMG_20210421_144100.jpg
IMG_20210421_170903.jpg
IMG_20210421_174312.jpg
IMG_20210422_094717.jpg
IMG_20210422_094722.jpg
IMG_20210422_095800.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Cam4kstudios, sorry to be the buzzkill, but the 405th is very strict on Airsoft applications. Take a look at this here:

As one of our fellow members (Rock Lobbster ) has tested, even 3D printed builds can't withstand airsoft, so EVA builds would be torn to shreads. If you want to make a suit for looks and just for cosplay, then full speed ahead! But when it's made for protection, that's when flags start to get raised.

Hi Cam4kstudios, sorry to be the buzzkill, but the 405th is very strict on Airsoft applications. Take a look at this here:

As one of our fellow members (Rock Lobbster ) has tested, even 3D printed builds can't withstand airsoft, so EVA builds would be torn to shreads. If you want to make a suit for looks and just for cosplay, then full speed ahead! But when it's made for protection, that's when flags start to get raised.
Ah, extremely sorry about that, I've updated the name of the project as I've wanted to make a Halo 2A marine suit anyways. It's been a hot minuet since I've read over the rules. I'll make sure to read them over again before I continue my project! going to suck I can't use the finished project out on the field but I'll still enjoy the final project.

Ah, extremely sorry about that, I've updated the name of the project as I've wanted to make a Halo 2A marine suit anyways. It's been a hot minuet since I've read over the rules. I'll make sure to read them over again before I continue my project! going to suck I can't use the finished project out on the field but I'll still enjoy the final project.
Thanks, and don't forget to update the description as well as it still says it's for airsoft. I know it's a bummer that you can't make a thread about an airsoft proof build, but cosplaying itself is equally as exciting! We just don't want to see you get hurt as we can't give advice on, nor endorse, protective armour (I know, sounds weird right? But's it's for everyone's safety).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back