Halo 3 Cardboard Mjolnir Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally after a long time not working on my suit I started working on it again and I completed the first lower leg. I hope to work on the suit on a regular base. Also new deadline is 20 September, but I hope to finish it well before that cos I want to have some fun with it before the convention.

70_percent_by_kaaskop.jpg

riggin sweet!

is that corragated cardborad or the solid stuff??

also... is if from pepakura files, or just all freehanded???

The cardboard I use is 1mm cardboard, so not your regular cardboard box stuff. Normal cardboard doesn't allow this degree of detail.

I did made a helmet and chest plate out of pepakura, but I don't use that anymore. I build all of the part freehand, I rebuild the chestplate and helmet also free hand, I did use the pepakura helmet and chest plate for scale. All of the parts are going to be strengthened with a coating of a 2 component plastic if you wondered.

kaaskop said:
The cardboard I use is 1mm cardboard, so not your regular cardboard box stuff. Normal cardboard doesn't allow this degree of detail.

I did made a helmet and chest plate out of pepakura, but I don't use that anymore. I build all of the part freehand, I rebuild the chestplate and helmet also free hand, I did use the pepakura helmet and chest plate for scale. All of the parts are going to be strengthened with a coating of a 2 component plastic if you wondered.

Let me ask a dumb question. What is "2 Component Plastic"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet job! I use a paper/cardboard (not sure what kind it is) and it looks very similar to yours.

Great helmet design too. The one I got was really confusing and had all these useless parts. Seemed like the split it up just to confuse me! :D What Mark VI helmet did you use?

Hamsterstyle said:
Let me ask a dumb question. What is "2 Component Plastic"?

The 2 component plastic is a plastic that requires 2 liquid chemicals to make a solid plastic, a A-part and a B-part, mix these and you can apply it at a surface, wait some and it's solid after some time. The 2 component plastic I use is Shellshock from Smooth-on.

It's pretty easy to use, no chemical fumes, really strong after it's completely hardened and it's easy to sand. The only downside is the price...

I hope that answered the question ^^

Infantry-Spartan said:
Sweet job! I use a paper/cardboard (not sure what kind it is) and it looks very similar to yours.

Great helmet design too. The one I got was really confusing and had all these useless parts. Seemed like the split it up just to confuse me! :D What Mark VI helmet did you use?

thanks ^^

The old pepakura helmet I made first was the Halo 2 version, but I don't use that anymore. The new helmet I made is totally freehand, so no pepakura was involved. The new one is based on the Halo 3 version.

Theron 113 said:
Can we see a pic of you wearing the chest please? :) It looks way better then mine did.

I'll make one in the near future ^^

ahahah Black Templars for the winnn. i used to paint them but was always running out of money warhammer is a bit of a ripoff

nice suits tho very profesional :D

MEGAMAX said:
ahahah Black Templars for the winnn. i used to paint them but was always running out of money warhammer is a bit of a ripoff

nice suits tho very profesional :D

thanks ^^

I don't even play warhammer, I used to play it, but I'm really terrible and of course it's way to expensive.

That suit is looking awesome dude! The black templar one is really cool too. This is definitely one of the best scratch built suits I have seen. You have inspired me to continue working on my scratch Halo Wars Spartan. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back