Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey dudes, sorry for taking so long. thans for trhe complaments n suggestions wif the comp. its not fixed n i cant spend too long on here unfortunatly. :(

Datahar said:
If you want to fix your drive whilst saving all your work you could download "knoppix" linux boot disk, I had to do it with my sisters laptop, with it you could get all your data, format the drive then when ur done reinstall your OS
DEFINATLY guna try this. thanks

Robogenisis said:
Geez FS. What do you keep doing to your computers? You need to keep all your data on a backup drive or six.
tell me about it. this is the third HD this computer's had!

=USMC= DocLacrosse said:
the tester helmet and actual HD helmet are not to the same scale.
the tester is assembled at 27.0cm height, and that works for me, so do I make the HD helmet assembled at 27.0cm height?

thanks and GREAT job on all these peices!
well, if its the size you think fits you best, yup, go for it.

Heavyarms_Custom said:
he FS when you get your PC back can you make hayabusa's chest i know ppl hate it even though i donno whyh(never played H3.................yet) im gonna see about makeing the shoulders then see when NT gets his helm done im gonna do it and i want the chest peice to go with your back part
im acuialy workin on a project with smilie atm so thatll have to be first if/when its running again. but no promises, i realy hate that suit, i just associate it with TKFTs who wont shut the hell up and try to get every one to hide once were one kill ahead. :cautious:

Air_Force_Spartans said:
FS you are my 3rd favorite person of all times.
1st Bungie Studios, lump the whole team into one group
2nd Adam, his armor inspires me to continue with my armor when i want to quit
and last but not least. you FlyingSquirl the person who made some of the pep models i use.

Working on flag crest urrg. sorry don't want to hijack your topic.
wow...wow! thats some amazing company! thanks XD

------------------

ill let you know how the compooter-ness goes. feel free to post any progress pic etc here. help keep it interesting

FS

EDIT:
Matthijs said:
Reply #1000:D (post 1001)
Congrats :p
well hey, would you luka dat!

Last edited by a moderator:
hey question.
when people scaled for the helmet.
did you add the extra couple of inches?
or did you just take your height in inches?
i'd love to know.

flying_squirl said:
yup, normaly people just add an inch or so. but be sure to do all you mesuring in cm because thats what pep uses :)

and when i measure my head.
i measure the top of my head to...?

aooo309 said:
and when i measure my head.
i measure the top of my head to...?
Personally, I wouldn't measure it that way. What I do is I measure the distance between my ears. I then scale the pep file so that the length of the support strut that goes across helmet opening is equal to the length that I just measured. It's been pretty reliable so far.

Ral Partha said:
Personally, I wouldn't measure it that way. What I do is I measure the distance between my ears. I then scale the pep file so that the length of the support strut that goes across helmet opening is equal to the length that I just measured. It's been pretty reliable so far.

i did that.
i got 10.5 inchs so like 26.6 cm.
i just rounded to 27.
legit $#!T or not?

flying_squirl said:
yup, that sounds about right. im prity sure the file itself is scaled to near enought that height already. :D

haha.
i'm assumming you're around the same size?
cuz it is pretty close to that.

@aooo309: ypu, everyone seems to be roughtly around that. :)

@RadioaciveMicrobe: important info? okeyday, ive emptied it out a bit. heh, i tend to let it fill up on purpose :whistle:

aooo309 said:
anyone got like the best time to add the support struts?
like when you should at them.

do it when you build it, itll be harder later on. Im not going to, but i dont know the nature of fiberglass, so we'll see how that turns out ;)

rvb4life said:
do it when you build it, itll be harder later on. Im not going to, but i dont know the nature of fiberglass, so we'll see how that turns out ;)

yeah you didn't really get what i was going for.
i'm saying when you are building it, (pep making it)
when should you add them.
at the end, or the middle or what.
like what people have experienced when they did it how they did it.

aooo309 said:
yeah you didn't really get what i was going for.
i'm saying when you are building it, (pep making it)
when should you add them.
at the end, or the middle or what.
like what people have experienced when they did it how they did it.
There are enough openings in the piece for you to do it at the end. That's what I did.

can i get anyone to give me an understanding about the visor for the pep version?
cuz it seems like the visor doesn't connect to anything?

aooo309 said:
can i get anyone to give me an understanding about the visor for the pep version?
cuz it seems like the visor doesn't connect to anything?
There are two visors. The "motorcycle" and the "Original." Just FYI, the 'ear' pieces aren't connected either. If you go to '3DModelWindow' and click on 'Show Object List' you can choose what to view in the 3D window. I'm pretty sure the visors are just there for reference, and I don't think many (or any) who have built this helmet have included them in the build. There are support struts throughout the helmet, so you should be fine excluding the visor.

EDIT: It looks like, if you really wanted to include it, you could make your own tabs and put the visor in.

ERK!! em, anyone who's used the scaling formula for the chest, looks like its waaaaay off, sorry! im takin it down from the first post.

@Nicktendo: heh, do i recognise part of your sig? :p ;)

I don't know if this has been covered, but is the default H3 HD Torso at Master Chief's size? or what is it defaulted at?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back