Halo 3 - Custom High Detail Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to.... unfold.... this monster.... again? :eye twitches:

o_O

Oh well. It looks great and will be well worth the time!
Great Job FS. I'll send you a friend request. I may get on Halo 3 to play with ya. ;)

Nice... that's frikkin awesome FS. Apart from the whole unfold thing t(^^t) But unfortunatley I won't be able to build it for a couple month while I work on your ridiculously hard helmet ^^. Gratz on your awesomeness.

Model looks great! I'm working on your helm right now, so far got all the back done. but I wish I knew how to unfold things properly in pepakura, hopefully someone will upload an unfolded one(or I'll try and figure it out)

Sinjinsmiley said:
Looking good FS

We gonna get an unfolded model or are you gonna leave that pleasure to Dani? ;)
a week ago i had all the time in the world,, but this week is bad,, christmas etc,, maybe after that i can spend some time unfolding

Last edited by a moderator:
bigdrock44 said:
what is a "space dipper"?

He means the cod piece.
Otherwise known as the piece
of armor that covers whatever is
between your legs (for lack of
a better description, too many
kiddies in here) ;)

Like what is below Boba Fetts belt
in the pic below.

oh ok. i gotcha. i figured thats what it was.

edit: ohhhh. i went back and thought that it said "space dipper" not space diper.

OH NOES! I went and made the old torso because I was in the assumption that you were not going to get this done by Thursday! I needed to finish my armor by New Years so I had to get going... I will be making this one after new years then...
EDIT: Oh, now i realize it isnt even unfolded!

oh so today i can log in for more then two seconds eh? kewl.

--------------

bigdrock44 said:
oh, ok good. thanks for the help. i figured out what i was doing wrong. i was adjusting the flaps and then scaling, which scaled the flaps as well. i needed to scale, and then adjust the flaps.

also, is there a tester model of the torso, because the only tester i could find was for the helmet.
no problem. as of yet there isnt any but there hopefully will be soon. i havnt realy got the time atm so if anyone wanted to jump in there i dont mind in the least.

DoC ByTeS said:
Thanks agian, your model always keep me up to about that time for months. :tutu:
hahaha, it shows.

Razgriz said:
I have to.... unfold.... this monster.... again? :eye twitches:

o_O

Oh well. It looks great and will be well worth the time!
Great Job FS. I'll send you a friend request. I may get on Halo 3 to play with ya. ;)
again? kewl, thanks. bdw make sure you pur a 5 not an s for 5quirl

s-meister said:
Nice... that's frikkin awesome FS. Apart from the whole unfold thing t(^^t) But unfortunatley I won't be able to build it for a couple month while I work on your ridiculously hard helmet ^^. Gratz on your awesomeness.
thanks!!! well hoplefully by then itll be unwrapepd. :D

Sinjinsmiley said:
Looking good FS

We gonna get an unfolded model or are you gonna leave that pleasure to Dani? ;)
heh, yup ide say you will get an unfolded one. but not from me. :p im sick of lookin at the damn thing.:lol:

dannifood4less said:
a week ago i had all the time in the world,, but this week is bad,, christmas etc,, maybe after that i can spend some time unfolding
i wouldnt worry about it, most people cant start on it anyway. and if you dont have the time someone else probibly will.

tipper said:
Wow.

Good torso FS!

Now... back to unfolding
hahaha. thanks!

OH NOES! I went and made the old torso because I was in the assumption that you were not going to get this done by Thursday! I needed to finish my armor by New Years so I had to get going... I will be making this one after new years then...
EDIT: Oh, now i realize it isnt even unfolded!
yea,sorry about that. i just cant face into doing it just yet. :/

-----------------

christmas.tired.to much food.too little time.bad broadband connection.cheese.

soem of the reasons i havnt gotten back to ur pms.

sorry. :(

FS

My Christmas sucked. I didn't get any sleep the night before, and I kept hearing chains rattling and screaming comming from my dads room. And then the next morning he was really hyper and kept rambling on about some old lady, a fat man, and a guy in black robes ;)

s-meister said:
My Christmas sucked. I didn't get any sleep the night before, and I kept hearing chains rattling and screaming comming from my dads room. And then the next morning he was really hyper and kept rambling on about some old lady, a fat man, and a guy in black robes ;)

I get it now! I was just staring at your post for like five mintues thinking, "Wtf?"

I just restarted my FS pep helmet, I had to rescale the thing to 35.0 to make it wearable. So far it looks ok, not sure though It may still be too small once the areas from the ears down are done.

What size hats do you all wear, and what was the scale you used for your pep helmets?

I wear a large, or 7.5" hat

i'm sure i'll get some bad feedback for this but i gotta ask.
are there a specific reason for the supports on the last like 3 pages.
the supports that run through the middle of the helm and across the bottom.
cuz with those you cannot put your head in.
am i suppose to use the tester get the right size and then make the HDcustom with supports then resin so everything hardens in a strong form and then cut the supports off or what?
i'm totally lost on that part.
sorry.
thanks.

easy, the supports are there to keep the entire curved structure held in shape, given the multiple pieces, curved assemblies can never be put together perfectly. And as a result, the supports are provided to make sure the helmet holds it shape until it can be resin'd.

You can leave em out if you want,... but by the time you get half way done with the helmet youll wish you had printed them out!

Yea I'm starting my FS helmet over again too. *****!* I'm having problems with the grooves on the top not staying straight. I'm planning on having it done by the end of the week though.

aooo309 said:
so after i were to resin the helmet with the supports in the middle i cut them off?

Here's what you do.
  1. Build the helmet without the supports.
  2. Try the helmet on to make sure it fits.
  3. When you have a good size, add the supports
  4. Then resin it on the outside twice
  5. Then you can remove the supports because it should be sturdy enough to keep it's shape.
  6. Then you fiberglass, detail, paint, etc, until it's done. :D
You can also add the supports as you're working on it, but then you can't try it to see if it fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back