Halo 3 Marine Armor - Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spase said:
Most definatly not flat... it has curve up and down... left to right...
I had a feeling it wasn't flat. It looked too good to be a flat piece. BTW, just so we're talking about the same idea, we are referring to the back of the chest plat (ie. the part that is worn against the body), correct? I ask because I had an idea for sculpting the chest plate in polystyrene foam glued to a wood or cardboard backing material for rigidity. I want the piece to fit as good as possible. To me that means copying the look that you have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam said:
68fc050ec5.jpg

"Noob, you've failed me for the last time!"

That is freakin' sweet. Have I said this already? Oh, and on the back of the helmet, there's a plaque-like thing. Maybe for the last name for identification?

Adam and Spase, that is some DAMN FINE lookin suit of Marine armour. Great job on it. Is it safe for me to asume that you plan to use this for a Fan-Film? I recall some were in the Halo Universe forum or the General forum that you had a thread about a Marine Fan-Film. I'm just curious.

You can has dancing Jim Carey :tutu:

Yodajammies said:
top notch guys!

:D

I assume those are standard marine fatigues that you can find at any local army surplus?
Probably, you can get it online as well. They are probably some of the new Army ACU's, but those will be replaced really soon (got that from my cousin, he graduated a week ago from the US Rangers) They, and the Air Force, will be moving to the new style the Marines are using. Ooh-rah

Spartan Adam, you need to engage your body armor side locks, before engaging in combat. LOL :D

CPU64 said:
Spartan Adam, you need to engage your body armor side locks, before engaging in combat. LOL :D

this is the truth. New chest part fixes this problem, though i haven't made a mold of it yet.

someone threw this page up on stumbleupon, so expect more traffic. Hit it at random, and I thought I screwed up my bookmarks for a sec.

Leatherneck_Marine said:
Probably, you can get it online as well. They are probably some of the new Army ACU's, but those will be replaced really soon (got that from my cousin, he graduated a week ago from the US Rangers) They, and the Air Force, will be moving to the new style the Marines are using. Ooh-rah

just to clarify with you, the army is not moving to MARPAT and never will. the army will be moving away from the ACUs speculated at 2010, and if our own land warrior future warrior program is any indicator we will be moving to CRYE multicam, not MARPAT

The Pouches were more or less thrown on last second to shoot some pictures, greater accuracy will be attempted for the final suits. And yes the Stomach Plate is supported by the belt, thats how it was built.

DO WANT

Good job guys, it looks amazing. I've always been more of a fan of Marine armor than Spartan Armor and you guys blew this out of the water.

Adam said:
Not too many people can kneel like that in MKVI armor... Amirite?

Glad to be on HBO

http://nikon.bungie.org/

I agree about the kneeling. When I make my armor, that's one of the key factors of how I go about making it. I'm a martial artist and I have a public demonstration with my students and classmates every halloween so mobility while inside the armor is crucial.

bald cactus v2 said:
Very nice to all of you. Brian, if I recall correctly, that was vac-formed?

Yeah 100% vacuformed and easy to replicate.

INVISIBLE POST ~ Spase

Holy shiznits. This is amazing, so much want right here... however!
May I suggest you get hold of some Pantera camouflage. Polish woodland camo seems to be the closest I've found to the Halo marines camouflage. Although I must admit, it looks remarkably good with the ARPAT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back