Halo 3: Odst | Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
RVB 18: I'm looking forward to that! Thanks for trying all those things. Know that I'm not the only one waiting for some first-time pep pictures. How does it actually fit? And how do you plan to strap them together? Just a few questions.

Also, Nightshade, there's no problem with multiple unfolds. Different builders who have been around for a bit will prefer one unfold to another, and that will vary greatly with each individual building it. I think it's worth it to post ALL of the unfolds and let each builder decide which they like best.... and just leave it at that.

Ok, I can do that. I just didn't think you'd want me putting up a lot of unfolds. Well, ok unfolders, looks like you're back in business! Anyways, you're right, better let the people choose instead of just me.

Can't wait until tommorow,

Shade

PS - I'm having trouble finding good references for the thighs and boots. Can someone post any that they find? It will make my job a lot easier.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya sorry about no pics, but it does fit well after some trimming and I'm going to attach the block part the the top part with glue then resin over it for a permanent bond then after glassing the hole thing glue the bottom part to a strap that then will be glued to the block part. Lola sounds confusing doesn't it? but after that il strap it on my are using adjustable strapping on the bottom part that will go around the inside of my arm and a strap on the top that will be attached to the suspender rig i have. this will be similar to how Westfield armor does there strapping

Wow, I stepped away for a day and this thread literally exploded with activity. How awesome is that?

Well, I'm dropping my next unfold in the hat. I tried to unfold this with the philosophy of making this as easy as possible to cut and glue. That said, I always hated trying to glue tiny, barely existent tabs. So that's why all of the sides are done as long strings of parts so there's a minimum of tiny tabs to glue. I also altered the tab shapes so you can just cut straight across a bunch at a time and go back put in the slits to separate them, rather than cutting zig-zags around the side-by-side tabs. And sometimes, it's a little tough to tell whether a fold is a mountain or valley, so I colored all the valleys green (Get it? Green valleys? Hehe. :D). Well, good luck with the pepping everyone! I'm going to get some dinner.

odst_sniper_platesv3_Unfolded_by_MrOreo123_v1.pdo

odst_sniper_platesv3_Unfolded_by_Mr.jpg

So that's why all of the sides are done as long strings of parts so there's a minimum of tiny tabs to glue. I also altered the tab shapes so you can just cut straight across a bunch at a time and go back put in the slits to separate them, rather than cutting zig-zags around the side-by-side tabs.

Now that is convenient! :) Really awesome job dude. Digging that unfold. ;)

Thanks guys!

... I'm going to attach the block part the the top part with glue then resin over it for a permanent bond then after glassing the hole thing glue the bottom part to a strap that then will be glued to the block part. Lola sounds confusing doesn't it? but after that il strap it on my are using adjustable strapping on the bottom part that will go around the inside of my arm and a strap on the top that will be attached to the suspender rig i have.
Definitely confusing, but awesome, nonetheless. I'm glad you've started this little armor project! I guess the longer we wait, the better the pictures will be. That's how I see it.

Wow, I stepped away for a day and this thread literally exploded with activity. How awesome is that?
I was thinkin' the same thing. I knew ODST was popular, but I never imagined this much feedback and willingness to contribute. Keep it up!

I tried to unfold this with the philosophy of making this as easy as possible to cut and glue. That said, I always hated trying to glue tiny, barely existent tabs. So that's why all of the sides are done as long strings of parts so there's a minimum of tiny tabs to glue. I also altered the tab shapes so you can just cut straight across a bunch at a time and go back put in the slits to separate them, rather than cutting zig-zags around the side-by-side tabs.
Super! That's exactly how I unfold if I only need to print a personal model once. You just did a big favor for the whole community (time to pat yourself on the back ... Seriously. Do it.) Sounds great, and way to go on the whole paper conservation thing. I'm going to add this Pep model to the NEW THREAD I MADE IN THE PEP FORUMS. PLEASE (except for the noobs) PLEASE REDIRECT YOUR POSTS TO THAT THREAD (You'll see it).

Nice work, NightShade! And for the most successful thread jack I have ever seen.
Lol! That quote made my day. Does the fact that that was the second thread I've ever posted in (right after the "Introduce Yourself" thread, which doesn't really count) and the fact that I got promoted faster than probably 99 percent of new members in this thread make it an even better "thread jack"? Hehe, just bragging (I haven't really gotten a chance to do that yet)

Thanks guys, for the support, and REMEMBER TO DIRECT YOUR POSTS TO THE NEW PEP FORUM THREAD. RVB18 has asked the mods to combine the threads (even though that kind of goes against the point of the new, more specific progress thread)

UNIMPORTANT AND OFF-TOPIC UPDATE:

(The title seemed fitting)

Anyway, I'll only put this up for a short while, but, while unfolding a vase I made veery quickly for my sister (why she wants to fiberglass a flower vase for college, don't ask me), Pepakura gave me a pretty good laugh. I pressed "Unfold," and look at who was staring back at me! (Page 2, 3 and 4)

funnyvaseunfolding.png

(If you don't get it, it's the faces). Tehe. Thats my random little deviation to the thread for today.

PS - I think the first one's happy 'cause he's knows I'm makin' some more armor soon ;)

Shade

Oh man, just like when I surpassed 100k miles on my car, my 100th post came and went, and I didn't even notice to mark the occasion... Oh well...yay for my 101st post!

Grim_Killer said:
Nice work, NightShade!
And for the most successful thread jack I have ever seen.
You know, I was just thinking that yesterday. :)

Two dacing kittens for you 101 (or 100) posts!

I'm sure those 100 posts were dedicated to helping the community (I know a few of those certainly helped me out!)

Oh, who knows, maybe it was the most successfull thread jack of all time. If anyone disagrees, please post. If not ..... well I have no choice but to put that in my sig :lol:

i made this in about two hours, man was it fun to make! awsome model nightshade and awsome unfolding mr oreo! it was fairly easy and was very detailed at the same time. heres some pics.

with all my armor
IMG_7925.jpg

next to my old small one
IMG_7930.jpg

side view
IMG_7931.jpg

you guys did a great job on this, im looking forward to more!!!

FalseKnightmare said:
i made this in about two hours, man was it fun to make! awsome model nightshade and awsome unfolding mr oreo! it was fairly easy and was very detailed at the same time. heres some pics.

with all my armor
IMG_7925.jpg

next to my old small one
IMG_7930.jpg

side view
IMG_7931.jpg

Dude, you seriously made all that in 2 hours? WOW.

City Static said:
Dude, you seriously made all that in 2 hours? WOW.

LOL no i made the shoulder pieces, i wish i made all that in 2 hours!!!

HEY, UNSC Spartan look up!!! i made the shoulder in 2 hours!!!!!!!! listen to me!!!!!!

all of that took about two months on and off (mostly off!)

FalseKnightmare said:

with all my armor
IMG_7925.jpg

next to my old small one
IMG_7930.jpg

side view
IMG_7931.jpg

2 hours?! I don't think I can believe you :p

These look like they're a whole lot easier than the other shoulder piece, Ive just been having a hard time putting it together, oh well i prefer the way this one looks anyway

City Static said:
Nightshade, you are a freakin hero man. I really appreciate that you took the time to make a 3D model of the shoulder pieces. You will get so much credit for this. You are the first to make a 3D model of the new ODST shoulders. :notworthy:

Really though, those models are amazing.

i like ur signiture!

UNSC Spartan said:
FalseKnightmare said:

with all my armor

IMG_7925.jpg

next to my old small one

IMG_7930.jpg

side view

IMG_7931.jpg

2 hours?! I don't think I can believe you :p/tongue.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':p' />" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

do the shoulder pads fit u, i heard night shade's model requires a huge scale for it to fit u

k11yle said:
do the shoulder pads fit u, i heard night shade's model requires a huge scale for it to fit u

NNEECCRROO, and yes nightshade's shoulders do need a large scale to fit.

k11yle, couple things. Necros = no no. Double posts = no no. Posts like "uh..." = no no. Welcome to the forums, might want to check out the stickies, they will help a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back