Halo 3: Odst | Pep Files

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya i know what you mean there are roomers but I'm not telling. oh and any one such as SKG or ruze ect... is offended i didn't mean to insult you. and we may need to edit the weta chest a little, it's very similar to the new games but theres...... extra parts to it that can be removed or changed. and we really need the rookie's back pack peped

rvb18 said:
ya i know what you mean there are roomers but I'm not telling. oh and any one such as SKG or ruze ect... is offended i didn't mean to insult you. and we may need to edit the weta chest a little, it's very similar to the new games but theres...... extra parts to it that can be removed or changed. and we really need the rookie's back pack peped
I would just go out and buy a regular backpack, and fill it up with crap to make a realistic feel, and it would look better that way.

EDIT: Could I request those new ODST Forearms? They look shnazzy! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ya i had the idea of using a real back pack, but i still would need a hard shell to put on top of it. btw shade the file is amazing i just built one shoulder and it's awsome. i was right the back was a little narrow but i cut it out and it now fits.

rvb18 said:
ya i had the idea of using a real back pack, but i still would need a hard shell to put on top of it. btw shade the file is amazing i just built one shoulder and it's awsome. i was right the back was a little narrow but i cut it out and it now fits.
Got any pics?

Thanks a lot, Quinn! This is really coming together. I'll have these models in thier own thread in the Pep forums ASAP. I'm about to go to Barleycorn's, so you'll have to wait for it. The shield unfolding looks great. I'll give u the credit you deserve in the new thread. I think I'll photoshop some more official looking armor-title thingys for the thread. I never forget my unfold-er-people. Stay posted!

Wow..... :ninja: This thread deserves like... 5 dancing kitties!!!

Dude you have got some mad skills to be able to model something so unbelievably accurately in such a short amount of time. Major kudos to you! That veteran tag is well deserved, wear it with pride man. Also, I am more than willing to unfold just about any pep model you can throw at me. I've got my pep unlocked so I'm good to go. Did you guys ever post up the link for the unfolded shoulder object file? I'll go back and see. Gimme a sec.

Wow..... This thread deserves like... 5 dancing kitties!!!

Dude you have got some mad skills to be able to model something so unbelievably accurately in such a short amount of time. Major kudos to you! That veteran tag is well deserved, wear it with pride man. Also, I am more than willing to unfold just about any pep model you can throw at me. I've got my pep unlocked so I'm good to go. Did you guys ever post up the link for the unfolded shoulder object file? I'll go back and see. Gimme a sec.

HeavyGunner

OMG! I got my first dancing kitties! And FIVE of them! That just made my day (a hard task, seeing that I had to get up early and take the SAT). I don't really know just how "unbelievably accurate" those models actually are, due to a lack of reference material, but THANKS! I'm glad you approve of my de-noobification. It's great that you're eager to do some unfolding. I can't believe how many people have offered to involve themselves in this.

Although MrOreo123 has already done a fine unfolding of the base shoulder file (in my opinion ... you can always re-unfold it yourself), you can have a shot at the sniper plates (which MrOreo and Th3 FETT MAN are already working on). I guess I'll just pick the best unfolded file to place on the upcoming new "New Halo 3: ODST Pep Armor" thread in the Pep Forum. Here's the link to the .obj file. I finally fixed the problem with the normals, so here's the final* sniper sheild file (and .obj file):

http://www.4shared.com/file/110285893/38a1...r_platesv3.html

*Final, unless someone points out any inaccuracies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

YAH! Screenshots!

fixednormals1.jpg

fixednormals2.jpg

- I left some faces on the back to act as supports and to help the model keep its shape

Shade

You gotta slow down man....you're making the rest look like a bunch of slackers!!!!
Just messin'....very very nice work though once again....you're on a roll!! ;)

Man this stuff looks really great! Good job to everyone involved so far, especially shade! You made nice, quick work out of the new material.

I would be the happiest guy on earth if someone started to work on more accurate thigh pieces *nudge nudge wink wink*. The WETA ones don't really cut it for me. Anyway, keep up the great work, can't wait to see more from you!

I must say, good job to all! This game isn't even out yet, and won't be for quite some time. And already you are making armor files for this. Well done all!

WOOHOO! So much positive feeback! I'm lovin' it!

You gotta slow down man....you're making the rest look like a bunch of slackers!!!!
Just messin'....very very nice work though once again....you're on a roll!!

mks81

I won't. I promise. I'm just hoping to keep this roll going (easier now that I'm done studying for the SAT ... I know I keep complaining about it. Sorry). Thanks for the compliment!

----------------------------------------

Ok dude I just spent the last hour going beast mode on these files. Who would have thought unfolding could be fun? I re-unfolded both the base shoulder and the sniper plates for absolute maximum printing efficiency. 3 pages for the whole base shoulder and 2 pages for the sniper plates. Here are the links to both of these unfolds:

Heavy Gunner

Sweet. Thanks for spending all that time! Unfolding can be fun, I guess I haven't learned that yet because the whole time I'm thinking, "All this work and I won't be able to save it when it's done. Bummer." Who knows, maybe I'll shell out a few bucks for a password if my spontaneous urge to keep modeling keeps up (lol). Thanks for the contribution. Now I'm finally (I think) ready to make the official post in the Pep Forums. Great links, thanks a lot! (Sorry to Mr Oreo or Th3 FETT MAN, I guess he BEAT YOU TO IT (inside joke ...)

-----------------------------------------

Man this stuff looks really great! Good job to everyone involved so far, especially shade! You made nice, quick work out of the new material. I would be the happiest guy on earth if someone started to work on more accurate thigh pieces *nudge nudge wink wink*. The WETA ones don't really cut it for me. Anyway, keep up the great work, can't wait to see more from you!

Jareyes

Thanks! I'm pretty pleased with the results (so far) as well. I didn't have many sources (in fact, just one picture) to work with. I'll think about the thigh pieces if I see a picture of them. I don't know, maybe shapes like that are hard to model, maybe not. I just look at Flying Squirrel's torso and think "Where they heck did he start with that?" It's the holes and stuff that make it a bit more difficult (and the fact that, while shoulder-plates just stick on your ... shoulders, thigh pieces actually have to fit snugly on you. Makes it just a bit more intimidating. But I may try. Sorry, but Timecon requested new ODST Boot models before you, and they seem just a tad bit easier. Who knows, maybe what I learn from modeling the boots will help if I decide to make the thighs. Thanks for keeping watch on the thread! The expectation is making me restless!

-----------------------------------------

I must say, good job to all! This game isn't even out yet, and won't be for quite some time. And already you are making armor files for this. Well done all!

RadioactiveMicrobe

Thanks! And may I repeat what he said: THANKS to all who have contributed this time, skill and suggestions to this! I'm only taking what credit I deserve. The rest is all yours. As for the game, I'm afraid I have to make a confession: I have never owned an XBox or even a copy of Halo (... but, all of that will change, come college). When I first started reading this thread, I didn't even know they were referring to the new game, Halo 3: ODST/Recon. But hey, if I'm literally ahead of the game, then super! Thanks to you and to all!

----------------------------------------

I'm loving this thread, hopefully we'll have enough time to get everything finished before the release.

DYSTORTED INC

I'm loving this thread too. What would be cooler than having a (close to) completely updated ODST suit to wear when the game is released?

One questions I've kept asking myself: The shoulder armor on the front of the magazine on which I based the model: Is that actually the new ODST armor, or just from concept art? I don't want to put out a model saying it's the "New Halo 3 ODST" armor, only to realize that it won't be in the game. (Hehe, I still think it's cool, though)

KEEP the posts coming! I think, once I get this thread moved (aka - make a more specific thread in the Pep Forum), I'll start on the boots, which can't be that hard. Remember that I DO keep in mind when modeling just how Pep is going to deal with the model. I mean, with edges and stuff. It makes going from modeling to printing MUCH faster.

THANKS, and STAY POSTED!

PS - I fixed my sig. It doesn't say "Where Spantans Are Made" anymore. Whew! That was close to looking like a complete idiot. Also, all you faithful fans who have been following this thread, remember that I'm making a new one (which will probably make this thead obsolete). Also, sorry for the long post.

EDIT:

RVB

I have no clue how I missed this post. Sweet! You, my friend, may have been the first person to build the model. But please (I know the issue with the camera and stuff, but whatever it takes) POST SOME PICS PLEEEAASSEE!! I just wanna see how it looks (especially if you can have one with it actually on your shoulder). If you like that, maybe you can be the first to pep the sniper shields as well. Those won't take much time at all (the backs are pretty much open).

I'M LEAVING A BIT MORE TIME for posts and stuff, but soon, remember, I'm moving this to the Pep Forum. So don't think I died or anything. I just ... moved. Again, sorry for that looong post above ...

Here's my unfold.

222notforyou

Awesome, man. Another great unfolding. You even added text (bet you couldn't add the 405th emblem onto a big piece)

This is when I gotta state the inevitable. We have had four or more people unfold this model, but I'm only putting ONE up for download on my new thread. Unfortunately, that means that I have to ignore three of those other unfoldings (and I'd appreciate it if we just kept one unfolded file on the thread.) I haven'y decided whose it will be, but, unfolders, you gotta understand that I appreciate all of your efforts.

EDIT:

I moved some of 222notforyou's pieces around, optimizing it for paper conservation. Big words. I know:

pepunfolding222notforyo.jpg

222notforu!!! said:

I could kiss you... well, maybe. Thanks for the unfold.

Also, Nightshade, there's no problem with multiple unfolds. Different builders who have been around for a bit will prefer one unfold to another, and that will vary greatly with each individual building it. I think it's worth it to post ALL of the unfolds and let each builder decide which they like best.... and just leave it at that.

OK well i now have pictures, but right after i took them my damn camera went dead. to make things worse i cant find the cord to charge it and to up load the pictures. so it'll be a while but me mom said she's going to be home all day tomorrow so I'll have them up well... tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back