Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
halo3-odst_johnson-firefight-3rdp-0.jpg

here's a pic of the one that goes on Sgt. Johnson's leg.

Check out my new W.I.P (pic is of thigh piece on my leg)

The details are beautiful Nightshade! At first I thought the "bump" in the back was too big and would get in the way of sitting, but once I put the thigh piece on my worries vanished.

A note about the unfold...so many small cuts dressed up as large pieces. I figured I'd knock this out in a few hours, but its goin on 3 hours now and I'm still at it. It is pretty hard to keep some of the scale pieces together because some small sections will pull right off if accidently tugged on too hard (see second pic).

Overall, the model is gorgeous and the unfold is top notch! Congratulations guys! Wonderful job!

Abaddon said:
Check out my new W.I.P (pic is of thigh piece on my leg)

The details are beautiful Nightshade! At first I thought the "bump" in the back was too big and would get in the way of sitting, but once I put the thigh piece on my worries vanished.

A note about the unfold...so many small cuts dressed up as large pieces. I figured I'd knock this out in a few hours, but its goin on 3 hours now and I'm still at it. It is pretty hard to keep the some of the scale pieces together because some small sections will pull right off if accidently tugged on too hard (see second pic).

Overall, the model is gorgeous and the unfold is top notch! Congratulations guys! Wonderful job!

hey thigh looks great but is the build nice and easy cuz if not ill go back and see what i can fix in the unfold department

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty easy, but tedious, mostly because you really have to watch what you're cutting. There are a lot of cut marks on the individual pieces that don't actually need to be cut. I'm not sure if that can be fixed, but I felt that just added to the frustration.

For anyone about to do this, the smoothest I could get it was @ 148 degrees before I started to lose fold marks that needed to be there in order to keep the thigh's correct shape.

Hey Abaddon, that build looks wonderful! Very well-done! I'm glad to see progress pics up so quickly, after having released some models and never got to see build pics of them ( :( )

Thanks for the info! Now I know I can take my angle threshold down quite a bit (I think I'll set it around 154-156, because I don't want to take too much of a chance (I'm a big fan of 162).

Anyway, thanks for the pics, I'd love to see more of those. Sorry the scales are hard to pep, but I'm not sure of a way to avoid that (aside from scratch-building)

EDIT:

Just looking at the SMG sight, and I was thinking: If you cut the bottom off the sight and placed inside of it a batter/resistor and a red LED, which you would place directly under the the clear plastic which you would add under the arch of the sight (like the glass of the sight in the game), you could cut/drill out a tiny little circle where the red circle/dot should be, and the light from the LED should travel up the plastic like fiber-optics and illuminate the circle in red light (the outer edges of the plastic would also light up, but little of that would be visible because those edges would be connected to the paper part of the sight. The rest of the LED could be covered up to hide unwanted light. Since I bet no one here has a clue about what I'm saying, here's a little picture:

dotsightdiagramcopy.png

Any thoughts? Or am I totally and completely wrong in thinking that this could work?

Nightshade said:
Hey Abaddon, that build looks wonderful! Very well-done! I'm glad to see progress pics up so quickly, after having released some models and never got to see build pics of them ( :( )

Thank you, Sir! I was really revved up yesterday after seeing the new thigh release and decided to devote my day to the epicness that is the HD thigh file. Set my alarm extra early for the build and everything.

Looking forward to more from you too!

Looking foreward to more from you too!

Well, I'm afraid I'm gonna be gone for most of Friday and this weekend for a college visit (and I'll get to see my sister there, so ... cool). The sucky part is, I have to take an ACT-retake there (shooting for like a 31, so wish me luck!). And then I'll get back and have homework to finish. Man, fifteen-year-olds just don't get free-time like they used to.

Nightshade said:
Well, I'm afraid I'm gonna be gone for most of Friday and this weekend for a college visit (and I'll get to see my sister there, so ... cool). The sucky part is, I have to take an ACT-retake there (shooting for like a 31, so wish me luck!). And then I'll get back and have homework to finish. Man, fifteen-year-olds just don't get free-time like they used to.

Tell me about it. But I'm gonna be 16 on tuesday soooo...

Hah! You guys think FIFTEEN is tough, try 19. I'm at school for 12 hours a day, and it's a pain to find places to Pep stuff... so I get about an hour a day to work on armor...

I'm resining up the new modeled hip-grenade! Found out that if you resin it, then cut it at the seam between the top and bottom halves, it fits a half-pint water bottle PERFECTLY. For conventions and such, I'm going to have all six grenades with waterbottles in them!

Crazy Ivan said:
Hah! You guys think FIFTEEN is tough, try 19. I'm at school for 12 hours a day, and it's a pain to find places to Pep stuff... so I get about an hour a day to work on armor...

I'm resining up the new modeled hip-grenade! Found out that if you resin it, then cut it at the seam between the top and bottom halves, it fits a half-pint water bottle PERFECTLY. For conventions and such, I'm going to have all six grenades with waterbottles in them!

like your avatar says...indeed

Hey everyone, I have been following this thread for awhile and I am working on an ODST build, I am currently working on the helmet, almost done with the pep, but I haven't found any really good files for the gauntlets, does anyone have the link? It isn't on the main page if there has been one released

ZakuAce said:
Hey everyone, I have been following this thread for awhile and I am working on an ODST build, I am currently working on the helmet, almost done with the pep, but I haven't found any really good files for the gauntlets, does anyone have the link? It isn't on the main page if there has been one released

shoot me a PM with ur email and ill hook ya up

Nightshade said:

well there not pictures but what about my vids?

Has anyone made a different sniper goggle that actually attaches to the side of the helmet. Looking at pictures that I have of Romeo, you can see that the sniper goggles have sides that are attached to the helmet. Here is a side picture of Romeo helmet where it is clearly visible that they are complete goggles and not just a faceplate.

[attachment=12952:ODSTSniperGoggle.png]

I went through this topic and others on the forum and I have this question. Did anyone ever do pep or 3D models of the helmet accessories like Buck's "communication pack" that looks like a cell phone or Mickey's flashlight attachment.

[attachment=12956:ODSTCellPhone.PNG][attachment=12957:ODSTLampClip.PNG]

That would be nice and in some cases would add a lot of functionalities.

Meleck said:
Has anyone made a different sniper goggle that actually attaches to the side of the helmet. Looking at pictures that I have of Romeo, you can see that the sniper goggles have sides that are attached to the helmet. Here is a side picture of Romeo helmet where it is clearly visible that they are complete goggles and not just a faceplate.

[attachment=12952:ODSTSniperGoggle.png]

I went through this topic and others on the forum and I have this question. Did anyone ever do pep or 3D models of the helmet accessories like Buck's "communication pack" that looks like a cell phone or Mickey's flashlight attachment.

[attachment=12956:ODSTCellPhone.PNG][attachment=12957:ODSTLampClip.PNG]

That would be nice and in some cases would add a lot of functionalities.

he s right you know

Yeah I was wondering about that, I was planning on one offing it, but if someone modeled and pepped it that would be awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back