• This forum serves as a repository for threads that are directly attached to the resources in our Armory. These threads are generated automatically and members cannot create new threads in this forum separate from a Armory resource. Please use these threads to discuss the files that have been made available in the Armory.
Halo 3: ODST - UNSC ODST

Halo 3: ODST - UNSC ODST 1.2

No permission to download
Question regarding the templates. I see that on some of the cutting edge the line is perforated (see attached image). What is that for? If it is meant to be bent, then why is it on the cutting edge? This is my first build ever so any help is appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20200120_225926__01.jpg
    IMG_20200120_225926__01.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 392
Question regarding the templates. I see that on some of the cutting edge the line is perforated (see attached image). What is that for? If it is meant to be bent, then why is it on the cutting edge? This is my first build ever so any help is appreciated

Without knowing the specific part you are talking about, I can only guess that this means that when you assemble the piece and attach the next part along that line, it will be attach at an angle, rather than gluing straight on.

It can be helpful to reference the 3-D model when looking at the templates. You should be able to click on that part on the 2-D display, and it will highlight where it is on the 3-D display. Then look at the edges and see what is going on with that junction on the 3-D model to get a better understanding the assembly.

Without knowing the specific part you are talking about, I can only guess that this means that when you assemble the piece and attach the next part along that line, it will be attach at an angle, rather than gluing straight on.

It can be helpful to reference the 3-D model when looking at the templates. You should be able to click on that part on the 2-D display, and it will highlight where it is on the 3-D display. Then look at the edges and see what is going on with that junction on the 3-D model to get a better understanding the assembly.

So this is the part i originally highlighted on the odst helmet but they everywhere in the template.

Attachments

• 2020-01-21_21h21_23.png
    2020-01-21_21h21_23.png
    407.3 KB · Views: 405
This is probably a stupid question but I'm struggling to decide what thickness of foam to use. I'm trying to make the forearm, scaled to my arm nicely but this is my first time using pepakura as the template (I've used pep before) Could I use floor mats?

I have little experience working with foam following AndrewDFTs video on how to actually piece parts together (I was building the shoulders) so I was basically shown how to build it but with pep there's no instructions :lol: Hence not knowing what thickness to use..

This is probably a stupid question but I'm struggling to decide what thickness of foam to use. I'm trying to make the forearm, scaled to my arm nicely but this is my first time using pepakura as the template (I've used pep before) Could I use floor mats?

I have little experience working with foam following AndrewDFTs video on how to actually piece parts together (I was building the shoulders) so I was basically shown how to build it but with pep there's no instructions :lol: Hence not knowing what thickness to use..
I used 10mm foam for my whole ODST and i used 2mm foam to add details to certain parts. Oh and the 10mm foam were all from floormats so they should do the job just fine!

Hi not sure if people will reply but I'm going to be making my own ODST cosplay wondering if anyone has any advice or tips to give. Looking for advice or things not what to do or what to do when making an ODST Armour cosplay.
Thanks for reading

Hi not sure if people will reply but I'm going to be making my own ODST cosplay wondering if anyone has any advice or tips to give. Looking for advice or things not what to do or what to do when making an ODST Armour cosplay.
Thanks for reading
Hello. This thread is specifically for discussing the files we have available in our Armory for the Halo 3 ODST.

If you would like assistance building your own costume I would reccomend starting a thread dedicated to your personal build in either the New Recruit or Halo Costume and Props sections, as this post might not be seen by many folks, since, as mentioned, this thread is intended for discussion of the files hosted on the website.

Hello. This thread is specifically for discussing the files we have available in our Armory for the Halo 3 ODST.

If you would like assistance building your own costume I would reccomend starting a thread dedicated to your personal build in either the New Recruit or Halo Costume and Props sections, as this post might not be seen by many folks, since, as mentioned, this thread is intended for discussion of the files hosted on the website.
ohhh sorry didn't know thanks for letting me know.

This thread is more than 10 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back