Halo 3 Security Marathon helmet WIP(pic heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm impressed. Impressed enough to actually seriously make a post about how impressed I really am!
Now I finally have pictures to show and say.. "hey, that's the visual quality I want" :)

Since a few people have asked about the visor: I found motorcycle helmets on Amazon, they are called "Jethelm" in German (might be a trademark, one/the manufacturer is apparently Bandit) and "open face" or "3/4" in English, according to Wikipedia. Basically they are like regular motorcycle helmets, but without the chin part. They come with a wide variety of visors, ranging from none to normal to a little more bubbly, with or without a cutout for the nose and going all the way to really bubbly (and pretty weird, to be honest... like this). Those weird ones aren't even that expensive, the only problem is that there don't seem to be any mirrored ones, not to speak of golden. The best they have is tinted.

I love watching the progress of an artisan's work. I feel like I'm being let in on some kind of secret. I wanna be like you when I grow up.

I'm impressed. Impressed enough to actually seriously make a post about how impressed I really am!
Now I finally have pictures to show and say.. "hey, that's the visual quality I want" :)

Since a few people have asked about the visor: I found motorcycle helmets on Amazon, they are called "Jethelm" in German (might be a trademark, one/the manufacturer is apparently Bandit) and "open face" or "3/4" in English, according to Wikipedia. Basically they are like regular motorcycle helmets, but without the chin part. They come with a wide variety of visors, ranging from none to normal to a little more bubbly, with or without a cutout for the nose and going all the way to really bubbly (and pretty weird, to be honest... like this). Those weird ones aren't even that expensive, the only problem is that there don't seem to be any mirrored ones, not to speak of golden. The best they have is tinted.

NEW PICS ON THE FIRST PAGE OF THE FINISHED HELMET, SHOULDERS AND HAYABUSA ARMOR!!!! I used a visor very similar to that one. I stumbled across the mirror gold one on ebay.

Man your work is insane and truly inspirational haha but seriously it's turing out amazing. keep up the good work

Is it just me, or is this going down the road of not only becoming member of the month, but member of the frickin year! lol, your abilities hold magical mysterious powers within them my friend! If only we could harness half the abilitys you do, then... well, that would just be awesome!!!! Keep it up man, your doing great!!!!! =D

This is a very nice build, and as far as I know, the first ligit security helmet. Looking reeeal good there. Btw, nice fan placement, pretty clever.

any one wanna help me get my jaw off hte floor i cant REACH it... this is so amazing
ive always loved security but the visor killed me.... thank you

oh my god! that is one way to create a variant on top of a cast!
very very nice, any pics from your launch?

Dude, it's been a while since I've checked on this thread, and that armor looks frickin' epic! Way to go!

By the way, what was that visor called?

wow, completely and utterly amazing!
what paints did you use and how did you do the scratched look on the Armour.
P.S are you planning on selling casts?

wow, completely and utterly amazing!
what paints did you use and how did you do the scratched look on the Armour.
P.S are you planning on selling casts?

Thank you!. I just used acrylic paints. To get the sratched look, I just dry brushed silver on the edges with a fan brush. I put some mettallic powder in the paint to make it more metal looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back