Props Halo 3 Weapons - 3D Models

Should I release the elite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
HaloFreakX said:
>.> Like I don't already know that... NOBody's Released the Detailed AR yet...(Unfolded..)
Yes they have, ever heard of Robogenesis? His AR has a detailed foregrip and removable clip, why it isn't on the wiki is another question. Please be polite.
Robo's AR

Last edited by a moderator:
Nugget said:
Badum pshh
PurdyMauler.jpg

Model is by me and a member of my team. Skin is by me. :)
Started working on the AR again. Minor fixes and such.
AssaultRifle.jpg

EDIT: Forgot something...

Arms.jpg

That one... The one you linked in your post is one I've got..And(I've seen that thread..)
I don't want waste pages and pages of this goin' on for a while soo...I let's just end here? and I'll wait for it be unfolded..

yay, i think i soiled my pants.... :/ oh well, its worth it for this awsome model! thank you nugget, and Ral partha! :D

dannifood4less said:
ur map is inverted :)

I don't think its inverted. Its just that bungie kinda makes funky UV maps of only half the model, same for the texture. It looks fine in most places.
Then again, I like using bump maps in Maya, but all I got was a normal included with the model. Not even a color map. just a gray alpha...
Even the visor looks funky when I render it, I'll end up making a bump map and toss this normal junk away.
[attachment=4271:chief1.jpg]

CPU64 said:
I don't think its inverted. Its just that bungie kinda makes funky UV maps of only half the model, same for the texture. It looks fine in most places.
Then again, I like using bump maps in Maya, but all I got was a normal included with the model. Not even a color map. just a gray alpha...
Even the visor looks funky when I render it, I'll end up making a bump map and toss this normal junk away.
[attachment=4271:chief1.jpg]
I always been told they were inverted

Spartan 051 said:
I always been told they were inverted

If that's the case how do I invert a normal map?? I've seen bump maps being inverted but never seen it with normals..

Nugget said:
Yeah, only until recently Bungie has actually WORKED on their bump maps. :p Also, woot, Ral Partha!

I am having a hard time distinguishing your comment, between you being sarcastic or being a jerk.. :unsure:

Well from what I've seen(I havent textured in a life time and I haven't used Maya in awhile). You could try opening the normal map in PS and flip the green channel. That may fix the detailing issue. I hate texturing XD I just stick to modeling

CPU64 said:
I can make a high/full res model of the BR if I get the game model..

I've got the Halo 3 game model :0.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Well from what I've seen(I havent textured in a life time and I haven't used Maya in awhile). You could try opening the normal map in PS and flip the green channel. That may fix the detailing issue. I hate texturing XD I just stick to modeling

Same goes for me. I just stick to modeling guns.

By the way, I am a part of CMT, I made the Spiker and MA5C for the MP maps ;), they should be in SP too if we ever finish it. I was told to make those FP arms too, I actually started them, but I never did finish, glad they got someone else to finish the job.

-Doom

The strange thing is, and I noticed it especially on the 4 dimples on the hand plate, the light source seems to be coming from 4 different directions even with one directional source.

Some one replied to me why not build one (BR) from scratch?
I could, but I just know that after its finished, someone will complain that it isn't EXACTLY the same proportions as the game model.. That's why I wanted to use the game model as a base. :D
I only have my BR, and the little gamestop scale model, for any reference.
Hey Doom, I can has model?!

Doom said:

By the way, I am a part of CMT, I made the Spiker and MA5C for the MP maps ;), they should be in SP too if we ever finish it. I was told to make those FP arms too, I actually started them, but I never did finish, glad they got someone else to finish the job.

-Doom

Where's the BR DOOM?... hmmm hmmm

I had to start modeling it myself today out of shear boredom at lunch

Doom said:

-Doom

I've done plenty other stuff for CMT too besides those arms. ;p

Also, did nobody see the BR that I uploaded? :-/ It should be pretty detailed, and the open edge won't cause that much trouble.

Nugget said:
Also, did nobody see the BR that I uploaded? :-/ It should be pretty detailed, and the open edge won't cause that much trouble.
It's not the open edge that has stumped me. Look at the pics below:

BR.jpg

This long strip, as well as the one on the left side, cannot be cut into smaller lengths.

BR2.jpg

As you can see, this piece, as well as the one on the other side, also cannot be cut into smaller pieces that fit on a sheet of paper. I tried editing it using the Edit Model feature of Pep Designer but it's inefficient and I can't get it done.

...God, I want that Mauler...

...Looks so freaking awesome....

...I'm overusing these elipses...

Ral Partha said:
It's not the open edge that has stumped me. Look at the pics below:

BR.jpg

This long strip, as well as the one on the left side, cannot be cut into smaller lengths.

BR2.jpg

As you can see, this piece, as well as the one on the other side, also cannot be cut into smaller pieces that fit on a sheet of paper. I tried editing it using the Edit Model feature of Pep Designer but it's inefficient and I can't get it done.

That would be my fault for saving polies because it does have to go in-game. But I think nugget can fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back