Props Halo 3 Weapons - 3D Models

Should I release the elite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ral Partha said:

If I were I'd wait for Nugget's model.

Eeeeeeee. I suppose. Id still like to check out the file though. Patience is a virtue I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
did you check the halo pep wiki? i think it might be there, if not try the download database, in the pep seciton.

Nugget said:
I know who made that BR. Yeah, it's really not that good of a model. I don't really want to make a BR, but one of my team members might let me upload one he made here for you all.
I read those criticisms too but I actually like his models primarily because their polygon count is low enough and contains enough detail for Pep to handle. I also realize that they were not designed with pep in mind so open edges are to be expected.

I'm crossing my fingers (hard! :lol: ) that your team member gives it a go.

smilie120 said:
Eeeeeeee. I suppose. Id still like to check out the file though. Patience is a virtue I guess.
How are your 3d editing skills? Can you close up the open edges?

rachciav said:
did you check the halo pep wiki? i think it might be there, if not try the download database, in the pep seciton.
There's one by Clownpuncher and its detail level is minimal.

May I ask on the status of that Elite perm? I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs, and while I do that I got the idea of making a lifesized mannequin/statue Elite for display purposes.

Fifty-three votes for an Elite perm and still no juice... wow.

I ask again, since my last request was ignored: an Elite status update, please?

Sorry, just been real busy. The question was answered earlier in the thread. Smiley is supposed to be re-working the models I think, but he's been taking awhile. I'll see if Vrogy wants to mess with it later.

CPU64 said:
Game developers usually don't want to see ultra high detailed models since it would never make it into a game. What they want to see is how good a model looks with the least amount of geometry possible.
Considering that the model I made, when the sketch was sent to me, they said it was for a PSP game, therefore the polygon limits.

Maybe for normal mapping you'd use HD models. but then again, its MUCH easier to make an insanely detailed model with Gigllions of triangles, than it is to make something decent under 1000 triangles :)

Just like the Chief in Halo2, if you look at the model without shaders, then with the bump map applied, you see a world of details you can get without the extra geometry.
[attachment=3930:chiefbump.jpg]
ur map is inverted :)

HaloFreakX said:
MA5C Assault Rifle Unfolded Pleeaasee

you gotta go find them yourself. dont ask pepole to post them for you cause there not gonna spoon feed you here. go to the creation disscusion/ cardbored and pep fourm and look there or you coul go to wiki

kadidlehopper markVI said:
you gotta go find them yourself. dont ask pepole to post them for you cause there not gonna spoon feed you here. go to the creation disscusion/ cardbored and pep fourm and look there or you coul go to wiki

>.> Like I don't already know that... NOBody's Released the Detailed AR yet...(Unfolded..)

*attempts to unfold AR, gets tired after some unfolding and tries to save....realized cant save with out buying program.
becomes very frustrated and almost throws nearest half built pep piece* :cautious: grr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back