Halo 4 E3 News/ Previews

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I have long dreamt of this day reclaimer" Sketchy bad guy with foresight into humans and the forerunner anti-flood battleplan?

Man when that "skull" thing teleported to retreat, I got chills. I do love that Forerunner rifle though. Nice to see working Forerunner tech other than AIs and background machinery.

As for the guy who said that Prometheans/Precursors were the enemies, you got a link?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Hey man , check the render galleries that were posted on waypoint. The Prometheans are Not precursors . Here is a quote from the Halo wikia-

The Prometheans were the highest and most respected group of Warrior-Servants in the Forerunner Ecumene.[1] The Didact and Confirmer were Prometheans. Physically, Prometheans were the highest form a Warrior-Servant could mutate to, standing around four meters tall and between 800 and 1,000 kilograms in weight. They were heavily muscled, their hands capable of easily crushing a human skull.

Following the Human-Forerunner wars and the discovery of the Flood, the Prometheans stood in opposition to the radical faction of Builders who proposed the construction of the Halo Array. They lost the political battle, and were subsequently removed from the Council. The Prometheans were responsible for creating "Warrior Keeps" known as Cryptums.

It would make sense if requiem is a prison world and the Prometheans were idle in Cryptums for all of those years . As I said before , maybe the whole "accidental flood release" scenario is what happens here again. Only time will tell :)

Hey man , check the render galleries that were posted on waypoint. The Prometheans are Not precursors . Here is a quote from the Halo wikia-

It would make sense if requiem is a prison world and the Prometheans were idle in Cryptums for all of those years . As I said before , maybe the whole "accidental flood release" scenario is what happens here again. Only time will tell :)

Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Yesh, been awhile since I read Cyrptum. Thanks man. Well that really is interesting then. Just so long as it doesn't evolve into the Precursors becoming the enemy I am all good.

Sorry about that found the link on facebook before i checked back here. I gotta say unless the games terrible i retract my previous statement. Imagine it though. An army of gen iv spartans running around with forerunner tech. I think he was waiting for that day so he could manipulate a reclaimer to activate a forerunner technology that he never could. That or a rouge precussor or forerunner. Maybe even san shyuum

That would be an interesting story piece. It would make sense though . Maybe they were in cryptums inside of Requiem for all of those years.

EDIT:

They JUST confirmed that they are the prometheans! Like Eric Nylund said "When I looked on internet forums when I was writing Fall of Reach , it was like someone had stolen the entire plot of my book! The Halo community is like a living , breathing being that can predict what will happen next"

2820900-web_preview.png

Promethean Knights

HEIGHT: 10ft 1in (308cm)
WEIGHT: 934lbs (423.7kg)
Residents of the artificial world of Requiem, Promethean Knights represent the central occupying enemy force, legions of extremely capable combatants with both ancient and mysterious origins. While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing. They are fully weaponized, heavily armored bipedal warriors, easily capable of engaging and terminating perceived threats in almost all environments. They are truly lethal creatures, taken lightly only at one’s peril.

Answers several questions already

While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing.
[/QUOTE]

so it sounds like they might not be Forerunner Prometheans after all. Either way this is a new and exiting direction 343 is going.

so it sounds like they might not be Forerunner Prometheans after all. Either way this is a new and exiting direction 343 is going.

it sounds like that until you read the other character profiles

2820904-web_preview.png

PROMETHEAN WATCHERS

HEIGHT: 4ft 3in (128.6cm)
WEIGHT: 318lbs (144.2kg)
As the large, flying sentinels of Requiem known as Watchers are typically deployed from the armored carapace of their Knight commanders and exist to provide strategic aerial combat. Hovering high above the battlefield, Watchers not only heal and augment damaged allies but also catch and return incoming ordnance, such as grenades, using a gravity-displacement beam. Their existence serves to frustrate all opposition, often forcing enemies to engage them directly before dealing with other more immediate Forerunner units.

2820898-web_preview.png

PROMETHEAN CRAWLERS

LENGTH: 7ft 8in (234.7cm)
WEIGHT: 371lbs (168.3kg)
The impressively armed Forerunner machines known as Crawlers represent the most extensive and abundant native enemy on Requiem. Capable of both close-quarters and long-range combat, Crawlers are aggressive quadrupeds, explicitly engineered to ferociously hunt down and eliminate any foreign threats. It is not uncommon to encounter Crawlers in substantial numbers, as most travel in large packs and work together in strategic coordination to bring down enemies by overwhelming them from every conceivable angle.

Since the planet Halo 4 is based on is confirmed to be Requiem

SPOILERS Below
And that planet has been confirmed to be a shield world. That points more towards the Glyph in the trailer being the Didact's. Now that being said which Didact is it? As we all know the Shield Worlds where the original Didact's plan. However at this point in the literature it is unclear as to the fate of both the original Didact, the "Bornstellar Didact", or the Librarian. It would be interesting to see the original Didact as the bad guy here. As he had no love for humanity to begin with, it would make a great story arch

Man when that "skull" thing teleported to retreat, I got chills. I do love that Forerunner rifle though. Nice to see working Forerunner tech other than AIs and background machinery.

As for the guy who said that Prometheans/Precursors were the enemies, you got a link?

EDIT: Never mind, I found where it said they are Prometheans.
http://halo.xbox.com/halo4#!an-epic-universe/characters/8c164b48-05e7-4c13-a268-f60ec3a72938

Gotta say I am a little disappointed that is what the new enemy is. But that game play sure makes me feel better about fighting them.

2820900-web_preview.png

Promethean Knights

HEIGHT: 10ft 1in (308cm)
WEIGHT: 934lbs (423.7kg)
Residents of the artificial world of Requiem, Promethean Knights represent the central occupying enemy force, legions of extremely capable combatants with both ancient and mysterious origins. While these Prometheans are significantly different from the legendary Forerunner Warrior-Servants of ages past, these Knights are no less harrowing. They are fully weaponized, heavily armored bipedal warriors, easily capable of engaging and terminating perceived threats in almost all environments. They are truly lethal creatures, taken lightly only at one’s peril.

Answers several questions already

Since the planet Halo 4 is based on is confirmed to be Requiem

SPOILERS Below
And that planet has been confirmed to be a shield world. That points more towards the Glyph in the trailer being the Didact's. Now that being said which Didact is it? As we all know the Shield Worlds where the original Didact's plan. However at this point in the literature it is unclear as to the fate of both the original Didact, the "Bornstellar Didact", or the Librarian. It would be interesting to see the original Didact as the bad guy here. As he had no love for humanity to begin with, it would make a great story arch

Thanks for all of the info Ben!

I just checked the wikia and take a look at this article about cryptums -

http://www.halopedian.com/Cryptum

I think that the giant sphere is a Cryptum . What do you guys think ?

-Jacob

It may or may not be a cryptum but hey you what it could be a flying unicorn.

I love all this stuff but I'm not gonna theorize anything speculation until tomorrow

It may or may not be a cryptum but hey you what it could be a flying unicorn.

I love all this stuff but I'm not gonna theorize anything speculation until tomorrow

What's tomorrow?

This is just speculation , but Bornstellar is the Didact at the end of Primordium right? After all of it was over , he was no longer himself . Maybe he is the one in the sphere (which we will assume is a cryptum for now) and is "awakened" by the Forward Unto Dawn when it reaches Requiem? I guess I shouldn't speculate , but oh isn't it fun!?!? *giggles like little girl*

multiplayer is tomorrow and prob a little more. True but I don't think a ball/orb thing like that would be a cryptum

Gotta say I am a little disappointed that is what the new enemy is. But that game play sure makes me feel better about fighting them.
I was a little bit put off by the fact that the fight is basically finished but the same ol' cannon fodder (covies) is still stalking the jungles of Requiem. From reading Glasslands (which is supposed to tie directly into H4) I saw a lean towards our traditional heroes/good guys becoming the hunted like Dr. Halsey for instance, so when Frank said that the Chief will be fighting an enemy he hasn't faced before I thought it would be an S-IV versus S-II thing. Spartan versus Spartan (RvB notwithstanding) But I guess it would be a stretch to make John/the player into the misunderstood bad guy ala' The Fugitive.

The main antagonist, Evil Otto, seems to be the Didact as Jacob pointed out. In the greg Bear novels The new Didact barely tolerates his human companions, I guess here he goes balls out. The Forerunner angle is a new direction and I'm curious to see how this trilogy will turn out. As for fighting this new foe, it's gonna take some getting used to, what with the pinpoint slipspace evades, and Forerunner vision.
p.s. as per G.I. this game will see the end of firefight in favor of the weekly episode missions and It looks like it needs a dedicated team to tackle.

I was a little bit put off by the fact that the fight is basically finished but the same ol' cannon fodder (covies) is still stalking the jungles of Requiem. From reading Glasslands (which is supposed to tie directly into H4) I saw a lean towards our traditional heroes/good guys becoming the hunted like Dr. Halsey for instance, so when Frank said that the Chief will be fighting an enemy he hasn't faced before I thought it would be an S-IV versus S-II thing. Spartan versus Spartan (RvB notwithstanding) But I guess it would be a stretch to make John/the player into the misunderstood bad guy ala' The Fugitive.

The main antagonist, Evil Otto, seems to be the Didact as Jacob pointed out. In the greg Bear novels The new Didact barely tolerates his human companions, I guess here he goes balls out. The Forerunner angle is a new direction and I'm curious to see how this trilogy will turn out. As for fighting this new foe, it's gonna take some getting used to, what with the pinpoint slipspace evades, and Forerunner vision.
p.s. as per G.I. this game will see the end of firefight in favor of the weekly episode missions and It looks like it needs a dedicated team to tackle.

I do think a vibe of the S-IV's trying to outdo Master Chief OR them feeling like they have been put on the back burner because of his return would be awesome! It would be a interesting thing to see!

If the S-IV's are there on Requim, wouldn't the S-III's and the (thought to be) 3 remaining S-II's in the picture as well?

They were given the choice to go onto infinity

would be cool as the S-III's revered the S-II's with a great deal of respect...or at least Kurt and the Master Chief

im going to look so bad ass when i pick up my midnight release copy of halo 4 wearing my armor

alright looks like i find it. i downloaded and reposted. so here it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back