Halo 4 Master Chief foam armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItSpartan116

I am going to build this because in Arkansas it is to cold to fiberglass. So I am going to use foam. Right now I am just scale the armor piece so I can fit it correctly without piece being to big.

This is my refence photo that I am going with.
Halo 3 layout.jpg

There are other alternatives to fiberglass if you really want to use paper. (Powertex fabric hardener, hot glue method)
Anyway, good luck with your armor!

There are other alternatives to fiberglass if you really want to use paper. (Powertex fabric hardener, hot glue method)
Anyway, good luck with your armor!
I use fiberglass on my first build but it on hold because it is getting to cold in my area for the fiberglass to cure correctly. So I am using foam this time

I use fiberglass on my first build but it on hold because it is getting to cold in my area for the fiberglass to cure correctly. So I am using foam this time
you could use rondo i'm not sure of its hardening temperature but I am guessing it is lower

I've been using rondo (and resin) and if you have temperatures around or under 0C... so it's freezing cold winter - I advise against trying and just waiting.
It'll take literally days for it to harden, very long time and overall it's just better to wait til it's warmer again instead of fighting with it. However, it is most certainly possible - I've hardened most of my armor during winter and such very cold temperatures. Not worth it however.

I am going to build a suit of ODST with foam so I can get use to foam build. Then I started building Master Chief Armor.

Nice can't wait to c the progress of the build. There so many ways to start.
I used Andrew dtf as great starting point

But I'm not completely accurate . So I might redo the chest. But trail and error. Take ur time .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back