Halo 4 Scout Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD117

Jr Member
Ok so Im gonna start my thread now, cataloging my progress and build on my Scout armor from Halo 4. Big thanks the Crimmson and all the members for helping me find and learn what I need. My method is to use the pepakura files to create template using the EVA Foam from Amazon. Once I have templates made, I can begin work on making my mock up of the armor. Currently I have little to work with but in time once I have amassed the material necessary to start, I will keep you guys posted using this thread only! Now my current status is deciding if I should make the undersuit or not and got straight to the armor. Right now Im looking for the files to create the undersuit, found the Spartan IV Hand Plates and am proceeding with looking for the rest.

Hey Infantryman,
Is it possible that you can give me a link to the scout helmet? I'm building a scout as well and I've gotten help and found the scout files but no helmet. I look forward to seeing your progress. If you can please and thank you.

yea I realized that after i sent it. Derp on my part. but also I've been to this link over 50 times getting all my files and the scout helmet isn't there.

yea I realized that after i sent it. Derp on my part. but also I've been to this link over 50 times getting all my files and the scout helmet isn't there.
I refuse to believe this.

What's happening, is there is a second page of files that tends to cut off about anything more than 18 items. Weird, I know.
Change the link from this: http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html
To this: http://www.4shared.com/dir/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html
It will change how it's displaying the file structure, and reveal your missing files.

It's OK - this does happen to other people occasionally. It has something to do with 4shared's folder hierarchy formatting.

MS7

Thank you so much.

I can't believe that it was there all along.
I refuse to believe this.

What's happening, is there is a second page of files that tends to cut off about anything more than 18 items. Weird, I know.
Change the link from this: http://www.4shared.com/folder/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html
To this: http://www.4shared.com/dir/CCB_6QwQ/405th_Pepakura_Database.html
It will change how it's displaying the file structure, and reveal your missing files.

It's OK - this does happen to other people occasionally. It has something to do with 4shared's folder hierarchy formatting.

MS7

Current Status is still in research phase. Looking more into the Undersuit designs for the Spartan IVs. Contacted a member who made a very well accurate build of one, he has yet to respond back to me, in the mean time. Im trying to figure out how to build this armor straight into a foam build without having to go through all of my card stock supplies. Need to keep some around for my job as a gym trainer/owner. Anyways, that is my current status and I will keep you guys posted as I go along.

Thank you for your help on that, now there are just a few more things to take care of before I can work on the undersuit and armor.

Ok, I have two choices on the undersuit, I can use Pepakura and begin making the undersuit with help from my mother on sewing the pattern of course, or I can use foam friendly templates from Armory Props, which are much better. But Im not sure on what to do. Should I wait and get the EVA Foam and decide, or should I go ahead and get the Templates from Armory Props now? Or just use pepakura with little knowledge I have on it? Im at an in pass so I need suggestions. I would like to get the templates from armory props and just transfer them into the foam without the hassle of using Pepakura. I mean, it was the same deal I did for my Predator armor, but that was made from 5mm 9 x 12 Foam sheets from Hobby Lobby. Do you guys think that would work? just stick with the sheets? or use the EVA Foam mats for the undersuit?

DD117,
I think, were I in your shoes, I'd wait to go with the armor before attempting the undersuit. This hobby is a patient man's (or woman's) hobby. Sorry. A VERY patient man/woman's hobby. Your eye and hand may not be ready for sculpting, you may be underestimating the time and tools it takes to do this, and then what will you do with a custom undersuit? Also, and not to knock the foam builds out there because a lot of them are looking tight, but there's a reason people go with Pepp, Resin, and Bondo. Proven results that are forgiving. You want it done now and fast, you may not like the results you come to. The foam may look great, but be sure thats really the direction you want to go, do lots of research on it, practice and experiment small (HIGHLY recommend), and then dive into big projects.

Plus, how are you going to build a bulky undersuit, if you haven't formed your armor up yet? There's a lot of purpose built dents/cuts/grooves in the armor design and construction material build up in these things (lumpy bondo, glue,whatever), and how your armor fits may not be inline with any prebuild undersuit, which lets face it, should be built to support the armor, and not the other way around. Nobody wants to see you long johns, no matter how cool. At least, probably not on this site. ;)

I wish you best of luck, but tortise this race mate, it will save you lots of grief come later on.

I don't plan to rush this, I didn't rush my Predator Armor and I certainly will not do it to this. I just need as much info and resources material as I can get, this is my first official build and I want it done right. I still have yet to decide if I want to do the undersuit first or the armor first. all I can do now is get as much as I can before starting and deciding on anything.

Well, whatever you decide, do something and get some pictures up. A build thread without progress pictures is a thread that gets ignored or locked.

My first post is my materials I have together, then I'll start the build. But its time consuming to get everything I need all together.

This picture below is my first unofficial build on anything, its my AVP Predator Armor. Its mostly used at Battlefield Knoxville here in TN. I made this using templates, not Pepakura. Back then the templates were so easy to transfer onto the foam sheets and hot glue it all together. Size on it was perfect cause the templates were already measured. What the user did was he took the templates from Pepakura and made them simple and at correct size. Below is a pic of the build and a sample template I used. If I can find some templates like these for Halo Armor, I can speed this up a little.

20130902_235812_zps94abf912.jpg

Chest_armor_zps9e6f9e3c.jpg

Attachments

• 20130902_235812_zps94abf912.jpg
    20130902_235812_zps94abf912.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 132
  • Chest_armor_zps9e6f9e3c.jpg
    Chest_armor_zps9e6f9e3c.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 171
I have a game-ripped and unfolded Halo 4 Scout helmet file if you'd like it. I've built it myself and it's actually reasonably good, though you'll need to work on the head opening and install a back-off mod.

I did say 'game ripped' for a reason - I would have assumed you'd want accuracy rather than any of the freehand modelled files that are out there.

But, suit yourself, and you're welcome.

Good news for a change, just ordered my EVA Foam Mats from Amazon. As soon as I get them in, gonna try and start my build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back